• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake's development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In the upcoming issue of Weekly Famitsu, Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura discusses the many anniversaries of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy going on this year, along with the current progress of his upcoming projects like Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake. Hachima Kikou has shared a summary of the upcoming interview which hints that Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake's releases may be a bit further out than expected.

Thanks to Saken for the translations!

– This year is the KH series' 15 year anniversary, FF7's 20 year anniversary and the FF series' 30 year anniversary. Regarding actions planned to do with those milestones...

Nomura: First, KH2.8 will release in January, then in February at Sapporo's Snow Festival we will have a snow figure display for FF7. In March we see the release of KH1.5+2.5 and also the start of the Kingdom Hearts World Tour concerts. We might also be able to do something at Disney's D23 event. KHUx Season 2 is also approaching a start.

– Do you plan to release a package that also appends KH2.8 to KH1.5+2.5?

Nomura: The timing is a bit off now, so we're not thinking about releasing something like a "Complete Package" right now. Although, much like is readily available with DVDs, a box that includes both games is being prepared. This will most likely be an e-STORE exclusive.

– A status update on KH3's development?

Nomura: the process of production this time is different from any other KH game up until this point, so I can't exactly say much, but there are still worlds that we have yet to start work on. There are also, however, worlds that we haven't announced with production on them moving right along. So it's in a showable, but not showable state. In terms of development status, I guess you could say there's still some ways to go. 

– A status update on FF7's development?

Nomura: Production is going ahead smoothly. 

We're development them, but it seems like we'll have to keep you waiting just a little longer for both KH3 and FF7 Remake. We apologise, but we would like to polish them to line up to their expectations. We were unable to release a lot of information last year, however I want to show their progress at this year's events. As for both title's release dates, we can only say "not yet". However, there are plenty of titles releasing this year, and if you look forward to some surprises...

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake's development

Huh, I read a different translation for Q3. oh well
Thanks!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

"Show Progress at this year's events". Hopefully he is referring to new trailers for KH3 and world reveals

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

so the world that are being worked on man they sho them because they havent annoucned them yet did i read it right master spockanort

"Show Progress at this year's events". Hopefully he is referring to new trailers for KH3 and world reveals
porbally like e3 the d23 what else a good event to show show stuff

DanX

So I guess the winter announcements will be 2 worlds or something, not a world and a late 2017/early 2018 release window (not a month or date this far out obviously) which I thought had a chance of happening.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

So I guess the winter announcements will be 2 worlds or something, not a world and a late 2017/early 2018 release window (not a month or date this far out obviously) which I thought had a chance of happening.
judjing form this i say late 2018 early 2019 latest

DanX

judjing form this i say late 2018 early 2019 latest
The team not having started work on some worlds makes me think yeah we could be looking at a late 2018 release... But maybe their approach to developing the game is working on 1 world at a time, and if each world takes a few months of development they will just be getting to those untouched worlds towards the end of dev and they are finished work on 60-70% of the worlds now? That's definitely being optimistic though...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If they are still working on worlds, I'm hoping that means Moana or Zootopia are in that.

~*never give up the dream*~

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

If they are still working on worlds, I'm hoping that means Moana or Zootopia are in that.

Moana would be siiick but Zootopia wouldn't work at all. I mean the movie is this populated spectacle with tons of interestingly animated background characters; it's the antithesis of any KH game

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

nothing is possible master spockanort maybe having a late 2018 date would be a good way to put those two movies in kh3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well, look at it this way, soon they won't have anymore remasters taking away resources and manpower from KH3.

If it releases within the 15th anniversary *year*, then that's still a win. Do I believe it will? Not really. But I'm going in with low expectations~

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Well, at least it's semi official now.
If any, I like Nomura's way of talking about his games a hell lotta better than Tabata's, so the wait won't be as bad. I'm expecting lots here.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Moana would be siiick but Zootopia wouldn't work at all. I mean the movie is this populated spectacle with tons of interestingly animated background characters; it's the antithesis of any KH game

Haha I know. The size of the city itself would also not be possible for a game that is going to have a ton of other maps. (And like I always say, I don't trust modern SE to handle the themes of Zootopia)

~*I'm just holding onto the dream*~

But really, Moana is perfect for Kingdom Hearts. It really writes itself.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

sounds like a typical Nomura Interview then.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Haha I know. The size of the city itself would also not be possible for a game that is going to have a ton of other maps. (And like I always say, I don't trust modern SE to handle the themes of Zootopia)

~*I'm just holding onto the dream*~

But really, Moana is perfect for Kingdom Hearts. It really writes itself.

Maybe that'd give me the motivation to finally watch the movie, too. >:

Behonkiss

Website
twitter.com

It's never coming out, is it? Or at least not until a point where goodwill has been burned.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

It's never coming out, is it? Or at least not until a point where goodwill has been burned.

I mean it has been in development for quite some time, but it's not like it's been "forever" or anything.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Good, the last thing I want is for these games to be rushed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back