• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interviews Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 and 2.8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The latest issue of Dengeki Playstation includes an interview with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. He apologizes again for the delay of Kingdom Hearts 2.8, an unfortunate decision that had to made due to the close promixity of its release with other titles.

Nomura brings up the boxart for 2.8, exclaiming how excited he was to finally be able to show it off at the Tokyo Game Show last month. He points out the poses of the characters between the 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 illustrations, transitioning from sitting, standing and walking. The time of day depicted in the background also changes from day, night, and finally to daybreak. 

He confirms that KH 2.8 will support 4K resolution and PS4 Pro, the latter of which was announced last month at TGS. The development team has continued to improve upon the game since the event, and he hopes players will look forward to the more intense gameplay going from 0.2 to Kingdom Hearts 3. 

They had created a new arrangement of Hikari/Simple and Clean specially for 2.8. Although its reveal was timed well with Utada Hikaru's return to music, it is in no way a confirmation of her future activities with the series. In fact, Nomura specifically states that the theme song for Kingdom Hearts 3 is still under consideration.

New information for KH3 is scheduled to be announced after 2.8's release in January. Numerous surprises are in the works for the series' 15th anniversary in 2017.

Source: blog.hokanko-alt.com

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well i guess we wait for januray for new for kh3 oh well 2017 is going to be for kingdom hearts not just kh news but kh 15th anversity

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Gos; yeah. Hopefully we'll hear in Janurary. Maybe she'll change her mind after what happened on Itunes...but we'll see what happens.
i was actually about the kh3 news but for utada i think she wants to come back but will diesny allow her to do what sshe want to do

namidawa

While this interview does damper my hopes on Utada returning, maybe some new blood would be good for the series. Be fitting for another generation of new KH players, or something of the sort. :)
them confirmed ¨dates¨ for khIII doe oooo

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't wait for 2.8's release <3 Both for the game and for the KH3 news that will follow <3

Nomura explaining the artwork is perfect. We were right when we noticed it faded from night to daybreak!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I can't wait for 2.8's release <3 Both for the game and for the KH3 news that will follow <3

Nomura explaining the artwork is perfect. We were right when we noticed it faded from night to daybreak!
not just the 2.8 game and the kh3 but 2017 will have ton of goodies for it 15 annvieriy

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-prays for something kairi related to be one of the surprises, but won't get hopes up-

Anyway, that's really cool about the covers! I never noticed that before: the sitting down, standing up, and then walking progression, that is.

And it really is endearing to see how sad Nomura is about the delay. Poor guy. It wasn't your fault, though. And we understand. Really:D

-wonders if there will be something iii related at the end of ii.8, and if nomura's been discreetly hinting at it, maybe-

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm not even mad at all, in fact I am really glad we'll get the news after 2.8 releases.

AashXIII

I just really want Utada Hikaru to have involvement in the KH3 theme. Her music has become a staple and honestly, Square Enix and Disney should do all in their power to meet her demands in order for her to take part. It'd be amazing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Tbh if anyone can truly be called a "staple" in terms of music for the KH series it is arguably Yoko Shimomura, more than 80% of the entire series' muscial score is from her as opposed to only two songs made by Utada.

Utada is certainly a great musician/artist and some of her non-KH works like i.e. Sakura Nagashi are arguably even better than the stuff she made for KH.

---

On to the specfics of the interview.
I guess this means that Jump Festa this time around will be firmly dedicated to 2.8, won't it?

That's actually pretty fine with me, both 0.2 and Back Cover are new and arguably setting the stage for KH III more immediate than even DDD does.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Nomura really seems to think the things he draws and how they possible link to future. Like how we started with a specific sky and proceeded to the current one we have in 2.8`s cover, and he even thought about the stances and how the characters are walking now. Interesting.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
so there more to cover of 1.5 ,2.5 and 2.8 nomura said there hidden meeage about he also said The story for [KH Unchained X] will deviate midway to a different story and next year we will non stop kingdim hearts news for the 15 anversity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back