• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Nomura Talks KH3, FFVII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Japanese media website Degenki interviewed Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake [Title Pending]. The lovely translator Goldpanner has given us the translation of the interview, which you can read below!

FFVII is not a simple remake. Tetsuya Nomura interview, involves KH3 [E3 2015]

Words: Dengeki Online

At E3 2015 (Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015), a computer game trade show held in Los Angeles, the USA, information was released regarding a remake of Final Fantasy VII and the latest information on Kingdom Hearts III. We interviewed the man working as the director of both titles, Tetsuya Nomura, and we would like to present an excerpt of it now.

■ Final Fantasy VII remade for PS4 after twenty years!

At the Playstation E3 EXPERIENCE 2015 press conference held on the 15th of June (local time), information regarding a remake of Final Fantasy VII was revealed. It was announced that the producer is Yoshinori Kitase, the scenario is by Kazushige Nojima, the director is Tetsuya Nomura, and that it is being developed for the PS4.

---With twenty years having passed since the original version, we are extremely interested in how it must evolve for the PS4.

I still can't give details, but it is not a simple remake. I think that simply making the graphics next-gen-console pretty, for example, wouldn't improve on the original version. I think you may as well play the international version of the original which we are also making available on the PS4, in that case.

Also, there aren't any screenshots out yet, but we have achieved rather a lot of progress, so please look forward to that. The fact that Mr Nojima's name came up this time once again for scenario also means there's something being added story-wise, so I'd love for you to look forward to that too.

---At the end of the clip there was an announcement that the next move is coming this winter…?

We plan to release further news sometime this winter. I think at the very least we will announce the official title, and we are currently fine-tuning exactly how much more information we will reveal.

I knew how many people would be looking forward to this, and I've finally been able to announce it. The details will have to wait a little longer, but we are steadily bringing into reality something that won't betray your hopes. Please look forward to the next information release.

■ After a long silence we have new information on Kingdom Hearts III!

At the Square Enix press conference held on the 16th of June (local time), new footage of Kingdom Hearts III was released to the public. With the inclusion of Tangled having been revealed, we asked about this highly-anticipated title, too.

---All the battle scenes are impressive, but the the images of riding the roller coaster and tea cup while fighting were particular stand-outs.

That is called 'Attraction Flow', and it was one of our showpieces this time. You can make it occur spontaneously by arranging particular conditions, and it is very beautiful to look at. The UI (user interface) you can see in the video is actually only provisional, but in practice the UI will change when you use Attraction Flow.

Also, as you saw this time, we have incorporated a 'free run' where Sora's actions automatically change to respond to cliffs, platforms and hills, which makes for even more dynamic action than before.

---We were able to see a conversation between a young Xehanort and Eraqus. Will that be the actual opening scene to KHIII?

Yes, it will. After their conversation, the story of this title starts. We only showed an excerpt of their conversation in this video, and the scene is actually longer. As you can tell by their outward appearance, it's a scene set rather a long time ago, and that connects to the plot of KH Unchained Key.

Antar

Awards
Re: Degenki Interview with Nomura Talks KH3, FFVII

I like the sound of this! Though I can already hear the constant whining of "FFVII is ruined!". This will definitely make FF7 fresh again, and up to date, because let's be honest here, it hasn't aged that well as other games. At least in my opinion.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Also, as you saw this time, we have incorporated a 'free run' where Sora's actions automatically change to respond to cliffs, platforms and hills, which makes for even more dynamic action than before.
I liked this. It'll definitely make for an immersive experience.

Yes, it will. After their conversation, the story of this title starts. We only showed an excerpt of their conversation in this video, and the scene is actually longer. As you can tell by their outward appearance, it's a scene set rather a long time ago, and that connects to the plot of KH Unchained Key.
This is really disappointing. There are a lot of ways he could have chosen to start off KH3. Boring over-used "talking about the story we're in while playing a self-referential chess game" scene was not how I hoped this iconic moment in gaming history would begin.

Anagram

Banned

<p dir="ltr"><strong>---We were able to see a conversation between a young Xehanort and Eraqus. Will that be the actual opening scene to KHIII?</strong></p>
<p>Yes, it will. After their conversation, the story of this title starts. We only showed an excerpt of their conversation in this video, and the scene is actually longer. As you can tell by their outward appearance, it's a scene set rather a long time ago, and that connects to the plot of KH Unchained Key.</p>
</blockquote>

The most interesting thing I've seen all week besides Soras new look.

0701Noctis

Not surprised that the FFVII remake is going to have some new stuff in the story. I also have a strong feeling that the battle system would be different.

But back on KH3, I'm looking forward to watching the entire conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort. I want to see more of their relationship in their teenage years.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Opening scenes prediction: they're going to start with this conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort, then recap everything from the other games. Hopefully they'll do so in a relative long-form - I love the recap openings of KH2 and DDD, but they wouldn't explain anything to any fans who missed any of the games, so it makes sense to go into detail.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
---We were able to see a conversation between a young Xehanort and Eraqus. Will that be the actual opening scene to KHIII?

So, in the past, Xehanort, who looks younger than he should be, and Eraqus, just so happen to be playing a self-referential symbolic chess game, in which the pieces just so happen to have symbols on them representing certain characters, for apparently no reason.
I'm really hoping Nomura is just screwing with us here because starting like that is pretty stupid. I want my mental battle darn it not this! It makes no sense like this!

Anagram

Banned
So, in the past, Xehanort, who looks younger than he should be, and Eraqus, just so happen to be playing a self-referential symbolic chess game, in which the pieces just so happen to have symbols on them representing certain characters, for apparently no reason.
I'm really hoping Nomura is just screwing with us here because starting like that is pretty stupid. I want my mental battle darn it not this! It makes no sense like this!
Maybe the chess game is the mental battle?

the8thlight

I read somewhere on this site that KHIII was ahead of the FFVII remake in development, which is most likely coming out next year, does that mean we could see KH3 earlier than anticipated?

Anagram

Banned
You mean like an updated variant of the "standing in a dark void and exchanging snark comments"-scenario we had in Blank Points between MX and Terra? :D

Sorta yeah. Aren't Terra and Eraqus whereabouts a mystery and all? That scene could be a mix of mental dialogue and memory or solely one or the other.
I think it'd be cooler if it was a mental dialogue though. :biggrin:

notnow123487

Awards
I read somewhere on this site that KHIII was ahead of the FFVII remake in development, which is most likely coming out next year, does that mean we could see KH3 earlier than anticipated?

No FFVII is years out. I imagine FFVII is 2018 or beyond. Id say more likely beyond.

the8thlight

No FFVII is years out. I imagine FFVII is 2018 or beyond. Id say more likely beyond.
For real? I always thought it was gonna be released next year due to the 20th anniversary. Damn :/ I really wanted to be hopeful, although I do think next year is THE year regardless, we already know that 3 worlds are complete along with a redesign for Sora and it seems like the english line up with the voices of Eraqus and Xehanort, so I'm still hoping for a 2016 release

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
SO, my thoughts.

FFVII Remake sounds awesome, and I don't really give any care in the world what they change. It will be a new experience with old characters. I like that.

I see a lot going around about how the chess game symbolizing a larger struggle is... a cliche? How often has that been used before exactly? And honestly I don't mind it, I feel like it could be a great start to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back