• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 Soundtrack Website!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

A website for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtracks went up today. The soundtracks are available to be purchased separately, or can be purchased as one in a box.

The release date for both albums will be on the 26th of November and can be preordered from the Square Enix E-Store or Amazon.co.jp. (KH1.5: E-Store, Amazon) (KH2.5: E-Store, Amazon) (Original Soundtrack Box: E-Store, Amazon)

The prices are as follows;

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtrack will cost ¥3600 + tax

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtrack will cost ¥4800 + tax

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtracks will cost ¥7000 + tax

We'll have more details about the Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtrack Box for you shortly.

You can visit the website here.

Thanks to Aibo for the tip!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yes, Amazon JP ships internationally, but only certain items. Books, CDs, and DVDs are all good. There might be one more, but otherwise they don't. You can't import games or consoles or anything.

I totally pre-ordered that box set. Can't wait to play it in my car :D Now I can have that awesome Ultimania and this nice remastered music collection. Oh, Amazon JP why didn't I know about you sooner?

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Huh, how soon do you think it`ll be before we get news on a 2.5 wallscroll?
No, wait. I don`t want Xehanort staring at me while I sleep. TT

I don`t know which one to get, though.
As much as I would like to have everything in one little package, I lose stuff easily.
(Do I dare wait for a "Dark Seeker Saga" complete & remastered collection in the far distant future?)
Hmm, I think I`ll get them individually.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Speaking of wallscrolls, I'm still waiting on a high quality version of the 2.5 boxart (without the logo or text of any kind) to be released online. I need to make a poster out of it and hang it next to my 1.5 poster!

As far as waiting for a Dark Seeker complete music collection goes, I'd just get the box set for this and then buy the KH3 soundtrack separately. The chances of the entire KH discography being remastered is pretty slim, so I think all the songs pre-KH3 that are going to be re-recorded are in these two soundtracks. So, I'd just get the box set and then the KH3 soundtrack afterwards, or buy any potential collector's edition that might include the soundtrack.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
3 + 4 discs respectively...

So that confirms that we will only get the remastered tracks.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Falk has let it slip that (at least some of) the BBS tracks have been remastered.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/s...e/kh/hd/khhd2/

it mentions birth by sleep i guess the secret is out

Also, because I found in interesting...

I can probably answer a bit of that without breaking NDA.

There's one extreme, when a score is orchestrated, performed by live musicians, wrapped up, and that's it. In Square Enix games most intros/endings are like that, all the way back to FF8.

The other extreme is when a score is sequenced/synthesized. Traditionally this comes from the methodology of getting music onto older consoles, where more often than not it was a specialized task realizing the composer's music on hardware, where each musical event would trigger a specific sound at a specific pitch (so this data could be ripped to MIDI-like formats). These are terrifically small compared to fixed, streaming audio files.

Even as late as the PS2, music in games could still opt to use a sequenced format. (This was then emulated pretty accurately by efforts like the PSF2 format). While the PS2 (and PSX, honestly) was perfectly capable of streaming audio, Square Enix stuck to this sequencing in a lot of their games, probably because the methodology was familiar to them. (KH2, FFX) But with the added power, more elaborate 'samples' started being used. For example, in KH2, the saxophone lines in Lazy Afternoons are an actual recording, triggered just like the rest of the instruments.

Skip forward to now, and sequenced music in games is very rare. However, it's not accurate to call them 'orchestrated', because while the music is streamed from a single file, that doesn't completely describe how the file was put together- e.g. if it was an orchestration in the traditional sense, or sequenced, except in a DAW instead of real-time by the game.

The benefit of that latter over the old method is that the person doing the sequencing is no longer limited to the console hardware, and has much greater control over how the end product sounds, since all the game does is play back a stream.

The downside however, of course, is that since it's a single file, you lose a lot of the neat tricks you could do when the music was being synthesized realtime. Sonic's speed shoes powerup is an easy example of this. Granted, there's been a lot of advances in implementing some form of interactivity into streamed audio files (western games pioneered a lot of this, although the music in these generally lend themselves better to moulding on the fly. FFXIII-2 also experimented a little with this)

Anyway, I digress. What I meant to say is that just because a soundtrack is in a streamed format (BBS specifically) doesn't automatically mean it was orchestrated. In most cases nowadays it's a mix of sequencing and live instruments, as budget dictates. (Even Jason Graves often uses his own custom sample libraries mixed in with live musicians for his soundtracks)

As to what we did in BBS, you'll just have to wait to find out :V.

Rage Awakened was touched up, but then again it was more a KH2FM track than a BBS track so that's not exactly a surprise!

Antar

Awards
Falk has let it slip that (at least some of) the BBS tracks have been remastered.

That's very unexpected! And good news at that, I'd like to see how Rage Awakened was touched up.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Also, because I found in interesting...

Whoever runs the VGO social accounts also confirmed it a few weeks ago when the BBS worlds trailer was uploaded xD

It's great that he was able to clarify the whole BBS "orchestrated music" thing. Someone should go call Jadentheman in here to read that lol

That's very unexpected! And good news at that, I'd like to see how Rage Awakened was touched up.

Yessssss. Rage Awakened -The Origin- is the best version of the song.

I'm also looking forward to Dismiss~
i just really like fate of the unknown stuff okay

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's going to be weird hearing BBS for me since I never played the original from the PSP.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Awesome, I was hoping for a soundtrack release for the HD Remixes. Now maybe we'll get some original art for the soundtrack, and they don't go the lazy route like with the original 358/2 Days + BBS soundtrack. It'd just be cool to get some new art for the whole series. Or maybe another massive character poster like for KH2 Final Mix. We're sorely in need of some official art of important characters like Yen Sid, Vanitas, Young Xehanort and Eraqus, after all.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Whoever runs the VGO social accounts also confirmed it a few weeks ago when the BBS worlds trailer was uploaded xD

It's great that he was able to clarify the whole BBS "orchestrated music" thing. Someone should go call Jadentheman in here to read that lol

Yessssss. Rage Awakened -The Origin- is the best version of the song.

I'm also looking forward to Dismiss~
i just really like fate of the unknown stuff okay

Those are two of my favorite tracks from that series as well, so I'm glad they've also been touched up.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how they'll touch up "Master, Tell Me the Truth" for this...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm trying to order the 1.5+2.5 box on amazon but i can't find any option for international shipping?

It is likely they cannot ship to you. Some items will work and others won't, sadly. I had that problem. You might have better luck with Play Asia or Amiami?

Dark Wing

Awards
It is likely they cannot ship to you. Some items will work and others won't, sadly. I had that problem. You might have better luck with Play Asia or Amiami?
after 25 minutes of searching the website i figured it out. you have to go into your account setting to set up an international address prior to check out because they only allow you to create new "domestic" addresses on check out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back