• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Series Memorial Ultimania Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's been a long time waiting but the cover art for the Kingdom Hearts Series Memorial Ultimania has finally been revealed! Releasing on October 2nd, this Ultimania consists of 256 pages of detailed information, guides and artwork from the entire series thus far, including some that has never been released to the public.

It will be available for 3132 yen (roughly $28.79 USD). If you're unsure of where to import the Ultimania, here is a list of useful links for you to use below:  

AmiAmi ($28.79)

Nin-Nin-Game ($33.97)

Amazon.co.jp ($28.79)

Play-Asia ($48.49)

Source: Square Enix Japan e-STORE

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Looking gorgeous! I absolutely love simplicity in design and colour. And the deep blue of the eye... captivating.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Gram - Ultimanias never come stateside. there is too much to translate.

How much there is to translate has nothing to do with it, money does. The games themselves hold more to translate than any book. If they thought they'd get a decent profit they'd translate.

Beardman

So should I just forget about a translation and go ahead and import it?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Lovin' that cover. Nice, simple and clean (couldn't resist.) Makes me wish all Ultimania covers were like that.

How much there is to translate has nothing to do with it, money does. The games themselves hold more to translate than any book. If they thought they'd get a decent profit they'd translate.
And they would make a decent profit of it, too (well, at least I think they would.)

I want this Ultimania so bad, but I don't want to buy something I can't read (granted, I'd probably just get it for the pretty pictures, but still.)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You're right with everything but the content. A single Ultimania contains far more text than any one of the games.

This is kind of a loophole in the argument, but if you have a Japanese import store in the area such as Kinokuniya, they nay have some copies in stock, or you can place an order with them.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Nomura's blue eyes fetish is taken to the extreme here. XD

But in all seriousness, I really like this cover. I feel like the expression on Sora's face is fitting somehow, and the blend between the white and blue is just lovely here, imo.

I may just have to import this...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Lovin' that cover. Nice, simple and clean (couldn't resist.) Makes me wish all Ultimania covers were like that.

And they would make a decent profit of it, too (well, at least I think they would.)

I want this Ultimania so bad, but I don't want to buy something I can't read (granted, I'd probably just get it for the pretty pictures, but still.)

This is fair though anything worth reading will doubtlessly be translated

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I don't care if I can't read it, I already have the entire KH mythos memorized, lololol. So, unless there's some surprising interview stuff in there, I'll already know all of it. And said surprising info will be translated on here, I'm sure. I mostly just want it for the artwork and such. I already ordered a copy from Amazon JP.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That's my favorite Sora art. KH1 had such bold lines and bright colors in the official art... DDD channeled it a little bit, as did Coded. I love it. I loooove it. I actually always wished that THAT official art of Sora would be his in-game icon, instead of the 3/4 frontal icon. As soon as PCSX2 gets texture hacking, it shall be so.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I like the cover, but I would only buy these if they were in English.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Its-so-beautiful.gif

That cover art is stunning! I really hope it comes to the US, but like everything else KH, it probably won't. I might actually have to import this one, which I usually don't for the ultimanias...but hot dayum!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
After pre-ordering this, I feel like I'm more excited for this than I am for the actual game to be released stateside, lol. Although, that may only be because there's still no mention of anything other than the pin coming with our version of 2.5, and this is exactly the kind of KH merch I've always wanted to be included in some sort of special edition, or just released standalone.

Although, it may have more to due with the fact that this releases in two weeks, whereas 2.5 still has months to go to release in the West.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I think that one concept art with Riku wearing a blindfold is new? I've never seen it before.

Nope. It's in the kh1 ultimania (Atleast the one that was released with final mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back