• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days Vol.1 Manga Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Since May 2013, Yen Press has been diligently releasing the entire KINGDOM HEARTS manga series for fans to purchase after Tokyopop dropped the series in 2008. If you enjoy the manga series, hopefully you've gotten the latest issue of KINGDOM HEARTS II which contains the second half of the series that had never been released in North America before! It is very enjoyable and we plan to have our impressions of both KINGDOM HEARTS II omnibuses soon.

In October 2013, Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts will be released in North America which contains 112-pages of vividly colored and black & white illustrations by the highly acclaimed KINGDOM HEARTS manga artist. A month after, the very first volume of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days will be released by Yen Press. This entry into the manga series detailing Roxas' year in the Organization XIII before the start of KINGDOM HEARTS II will release November 19th 2013.

Thanks to forum member Rydgea, below is the cover for the first volume of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days!

Don't forget to pre-order the rest of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days and let Yen Press know you want to see the novels translated!

Follow us on TwitterFacebook, and Tumblr for all of the latest news on KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days
Page Count: 176
Price: $12 USD
Release Date: November 19th 2013

Soon after his birth as a Nobody, Roxas joins the mysterious Organization XIII, knowing nothing of his identity. With the help of Axel, another member of the Organization, and the mysterious Number XIV, who is also missing her memories, Roxas slowly begins to learn what it takes to be a part of Organization XIII…and what it means to have a heart.

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

Source: Yen Press

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Bless Yen Press for trying to remain as close to the original cover as possible.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, I really appreciate that purest attitude (when it comes to art), not tampering with the original.

Also, something I never noticed before is they have the correct verbiage for the title behind Roxas.

Woo, my 1st newsish thing~ ;A;

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So glad it was kept largely identical to the Japanese version. <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I really appreciate that purest attitude (when it comes to art), not tampering with the original.

Also, something I never noticed before is they have the correct verbiage for the title behind Roxas.

The manga says the title better than I do half the time. Sometimes I forget to say "Three-Five-Eight-Days-Over-Two" and say it the way it is written xD

I like that it looks more sleek than the Japanese one because of the lack of the bulky "キングダムハーツ"

Woo, my 1st newsish thing~ ;A;

Congrats, bb~ This deserves an award!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I still haven't picked up the 2 KH2 ones, wow I'm so behind lol but I really hope I can finish both KH2 ones before this one comes out!!! :D

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I missed being able to just walk into my local Waldenbooks to buy these. But sadly that left me, too T_T

I remember when it stopped. 8th grade book fair I was at the water fountain and I saw KH2 volume 2 on a poster. I bought it, but there wasn't one since...So very happy to have the Tokyopop ones, too! Think they'll be considered rare? ;3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remember when it stopped. 8th grade book fair I was at the water fountain and I saw KH2 volume 2 on a poster. I bought it, but there wasn't one since...

Well, if you want to continue KH2, you should pick up both volume 1 and 2 of the Yen Press omnibuses because they split up the original volume three between the two xD

So very happy to have the Tokyopop ones, too! Think they'll be considered rare? ;3

Perhaps at some point in the future, but considering Yen Press probably plans to keep the series in print, they wouldn't be THAT rare.

kupo1121

Awards
Perhaps at some point in the future, but considering Yen Press probably plans to keep the series in print, they wouldn't be THAT rare.

Not to mention that when they were being made they were mass produced so finding one shouldn't be all that hard. Keeping it in mint condition could raise the price though since books or anything dealing with paper tends to not do so well over the years if not kept safe.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cool, never read the manga series before. :3

If you like manga, and you like cute, funny stuff, you'll like the manga series for Kingdom hearts. It's got a lot more personality than the games and at times you'll kind of wish some of the stuff in the manga really happened in the games because it is a better experience.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I know! <3 I actually want the artbook more than the mangas. xD

I am definitely looking forward to this next month, but hopefully you are getting the manga too, because it is briliant. no lie

Cool, never read the manga series before. :3

What ChibiHearts249 and Master Spockanort said. Rounding the second volume of the Final Mix manga, I didn't realize how enjoyable and liberal Shiro actually was until this re-release. The original translation more or less makes it seem like a bland, condensed version of the game in comparison, and the new translation just takes it to a whole other level of enjoyment. Maleficent even makes a funny. MALEFICENT!

kupo1121

Awards
Maleficent even makes a funny. MALEFICENT!

The sad part is that in the actual game Maleficent is quite comical due to how she is being handled haha xD But I will admit, the manga is great, even if just for comedic value, they do show things not shown in games (as well as the novels, though they aren't 100% canon, I forgot the term for them when they are in the next tier of canon).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The sad part is that in the actual game Maleficent is quite comical due to how she is being handled haha xD

But not a good comical like the manga. KH Maleficent is just depressing rather than genuinely funny.

But I will admit, the manga is great, even if just for comedic value, they do show things not shown in games (as well as the novels, though they aren't 100% canon, I forgot the term for them when they are in the next tier of canon).

There are three tiers of canon.

1st tier is the games themselves
2nd is official interviews by Nomura and staff
3rd is the novels

If something in the games or interviews conflicts with the novel, then the novel is considered not canon. If it doesn't, it is potentially canon until stated as true. And the same goes for interviews conflicting with the games. If an interview says one thing then the game does another after, then the games are considered right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back