• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Trivia: #39

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's not often that we have the chance to hear voice actors from the series speak about their experiences recording for their roles and their opinions about the characters themselves. Attendees of Anime Conji 2012 received a rare opportunity to meet none other than David Gallagher, well known for his roles as 7th Heaven's Simon Camden and of course, Kingdom Hearts' Riku.

Over the years, he has voiced various characters for the series with connections to the newly appointed Keyblade Master: the Riku Replica and young Master Xehanort in Birth by Sleep before Ben Diskin was officially cast. His voice is no stranger at all to veterans of the series, and fans eagerly look forward to every new installment, as Riku has been the only character to consistently feature in each title.

At Anime Conji 2012, he revealed a rather interesting piece of information that both delighted and astounded members of the community. Having grown up with gaming and especially the Legend of Zelda series, he admitted to becoming overexcited when it comes to "Fight Day" (the final day of recording for battle cries) and having to hold himself back from sounding too much like Link, which is what his mind automatically associates with battle. He doesn't want to sound like Link and wishes to create his own sound, but no one is perfect so some minor influences may slip out.

Next time you're playing Kingdom Hearts or the Legend of Zelda, why not try to see if you can pick up any similarities?

Source: David Gallagher Anime Conji 2012 Panel

Previous trivia: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38]

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
#dork4lyfe

Will do my best to listen closely for similarities next time!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Wow that is actually p cool

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
pffft my bad I shall fix

EDIT: done

Last edited:

Korai

Awards
lol now that I think about it, he does kinda remind me of link screaming in chain of memories

Shasta

Awards
Now that really is cool! I only noticed a few of his battle cries from CoM and Kingdom Hearts sounded like Link's from OoT, haven't heard any sounds that mimic Twilight Princess, Windwaker or Skyward Sword

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
lol It's like hindsight bias lol Now that I know he might sound similar to think, I'm tricking myself into thinking that I knew it all along and could hear the similarities haha xD That's very interesting though, TRIVIA!!!!

Gram

Banned
Awards
lol This actually kinda made my day since I grew up on Zelda as well.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
How funny. I picked up Ocarina of Time 3DS last week. I have yet to play it, and my Zelda virginity will be takeeen~

*will listen for DavidasRikuasLink battlecries*

Checkerboard

Now I'll never be able to listen to Riku during battle without trying to pick out the similarities, haha! And now that I think about it, Riku did kind of sound like Link sometimes, especially in CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back