• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yunaleska I need help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wertyer

burning in the the firey dephts of hell YAY ME!!!!
That is one really hard and long boss. How did you all beet it. I proboly need to just do alot of leveling up, can someone please help me. I treid looking at a walkthrough but it didnt really help It is so hard to beat her because she keeps using aborsb and if you heal your person she just does it again I HATE HER!!!!!!!!

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
From the official Brady Games FFX strategy guide:

Before proceeding into this fight, you need to equip your part members with armor that will protect against status effects. In particular, status effects like Death, Zombie, Darkness, Silence and Sleep.

Yunalesca's first form is easy to defeat, so don't use any overdrives yet. Yunalesca responds to each physical attack by inflicting Darkness, and each spell ast on her is met with Silence. She also responds to Special techniqus, such as Steal with Sleep.

In her second form, Yunalesca unleashes a new attack, Hellbiter. This attack inflicts zombie status on your characters, so quickly use a Holy Water or Remedy. Yunalesca will then cast healing magic on characters to damage them, so if you remove the zombie effect quickly enough, you can benefit rom this. Make sure that Haste is in effect on the entire party.

It's important to keep a balance between having characters with zombie effect while some remain normal. Another way to handle the status effects is to switch out party members whenever the need arises.

When the true face of Yunalesca is revealed, cast Haste and Protect on the entire part. Also, do not remove the zombie effect from the paty. any character who is not afflicted with zombie will be killed instatnly when Yunalesca performs her Mega-Death attack.

If a character is hit with regen, use Yuna's Dispel to remove the constant healing effect without negating the Zombie effect. Also, bring some of your strongest aeons and perform their overdrives.

------------
Okay, hope that helps. My main party for this battle was Auron, Tidus and Yuna, as usual. Auron needs to be safe against Darkness, so he can inflict mass damage. Yuna, healing as usual, whenever needed. Tidus (can be substituted with Wakka or Kimarhi I guess) should be your secondary attacker, and item-user. Character overdrives should be used on the second form, aeons on the third. If, for some reason, you still have your aeon after the overdrive, you can use them as sacraficial lambs.

Auron's overdrive should be set to Warrior/Soldier (one that goes up when you do damage). Yuna's should be set to Comrade. That's all I can think of. Good luck.

V

Vincent Valentine

you absolutely MUST have at least one party member in zombie status as you finish the 2nd form

Hikari44

banishing blade's gudie was pretty much exactly what you need to do. kill that slut! (was anyone else appaled by the amount of clothing she was wearing??)

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i remember that fight. i died like 8 times before i beat her, and if you lose you have to watch this 20 minute cutscene before you can fight her again

keyblade king

o.k this is a great technique i used only yesterday to beat her
stage 1 is easy follow previos stratergies
stage 2 much the same but make sure you take everyone out of zombie when she is very short on helth (one attack away) call an aeon to finish off this form then when she uses mega-death you will be immune and she doesnt use it much after that but keep using aeons
if you take my advice save all aeons and overdrives for the final form as this is where you have to kill her quickly so she cant use mega-death on you and make sure you have as many aeons as possible on overdrive because they can do 9999 damage easily

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
I LOVE fighting Yunalesca XD

Have Yuna, Tidus, and Auron in your party to begin with. Have Yuna cast REFLECT on all of your party members. THEN have them attack, because once they do, yunalesca counterattacks with blind. Once Yunalesca changes into her second form, DISPEL THE REFLECT ON YOUR PARTY IMMEDIATELY. You will need to cure your members during this stage, and you don't want to accidentally cure Yunalesca. Have Tidus and Auron pounding away on her. Make sure EVERYONE in your party gets a hit on her for a slice of AP. Also, she casts Zombie on you during her second form, make sure you have at least two spare zombies in your party, dont ever heal them, because it will hurt them. If they get low in health, just let them die and revive them. Keep pounding away on her. When Yunalesca changes into her third form, she will cast MegaDeath and kill everyone who isn't a Zombie. You better at least have 1 or 2 party members in your team who ARE a zombie at the time she changes to her third form. I always kept 1 or 2 party members as a Zombie, and 1 that remains not a zombie (yuna). I also had a spare zombie (wakka or rikku) that I could switch into the party right before Yunalesca changes to her third form. After she casts MegaDeath or whatever she casts that kills your characters who aren't zombies, be sure to revive/heal those who arent zombies. Also, on her third form, feel free to cure those who aren't zombies and keep pounding on her with Auron.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
For any boss battle which you're struggling with, use Rikku's Mix overdrive of Trio of 9999...works wonders in some situations...

Don't use summons unless you know its gonna kill the final form, so when her HP reaches around 16,000 (depending on Bahamut strength etc.) use MegaFlare....the reason not to use summons before you kill her is because she will absorb and drain your summon for all its worth, almost null-ing its last attack...Finish with summon = almost certain overkill with added EXP.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Rikku's Supernova takes 19998 damage off all enemies in battle.

I forget what mixture it is. I think its a Dark Matter + Shining Gem. I used those in the monster arena, did wonders.

kh_deathrider

strategy i used

first form: unleash all your overdrives except your aeons and kimahris on yunaleska. make sure all hard hitters your gonna need to use throughout the entire battle have reflect for this one so all yunaleskas status effect attacks bounce off. after u overdrive her just keep on using normal attacks until she dies.

second form: this ones gonna take the longest. yunaleska will use an attack called hell biter that will put you into zombie form. its no use healing it cause youll be wasting loads and loads of holy waters so just live with it until your character dies, then revive with pheonix downs. if she casts regent or w/e the hell that attacks called were it gradually restores hp, just use a pheonix to kill your character, then revive him again, probobly the easiest thing to do. if u dont have shitloads of pheonix downs just use esuna or dispel or whatever works cause i forgot. have your power hitters in your party (i used tidus wakka and auron). have tidus use cheers on his first few turns and have auron and wakka attack. after u use tiduses cheers a few times use haste or hastega on wakka auron and tidus so u can do even more damage before yunaleska attacks. she should be dead after a little while but make sure everyones been infected by zombie before you finish her off

third form: now your under pressure. if u followed my directions and went into zombie then good for you cause if you didnt and everyones not in zombie your dead and probobly very pissed off because yunaleska uses a mega death attack her first turn that kills everyone that isnt zombified in your party. unleash all your aeons overdrives first to wipe out most of her hp. then switch yuna for kimahri so now its kimahri wakka and auron in your party. use kimahris ronso rage overdrive self destruct to wipe out yunaleskas hp so now shes almost dead (hopefully you lisened to me and saved his overdrive. even tho this will wipe out kimahri you dont need him anymore anyway. so now just use auron and wakkas regular attacks and she'll probobly be dead now. yaaaaay

hope this works for you considering i just took like 10 minutes to type this lol

Tender Heart

Website
profile.myspace.com
Far as I can remember, Yunalesca had three forms. All three are painsteakingly frustating and somewhat difficult. But, you just need to make sure that you have at least one of your charaters in Zombie status, you'll need that. Also, make sure you have loads of Mega-Potions, X-Potions, Pheonix Downs etc...

Sorry, I played that a while ago, now I've forgotten how I bet her, but if ya have any questions, I'd be happy to help. Good luck with the game

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com
this is how i did it:

BOSS: Yunalesca
HP: (FORM1): 24,000 (FORM2): 48,000 (FORM 3): 60,000
MP: (FORM1): 500 (FORM2): 500 (FORM 3): 500
AP: 14,000
GIL: 9,000
STEAL: (Normal) 1x Stamina Tablet (Rare) 1x Farplane Wind
WEAKNESS: None
ITEMS: Lvl. 3 Key Sphere x1

FORM1: Just use regular attacks, she will just Blind if you do so, counter
attack with Eye Drops/Esuna/Remedy. Use Wakka, Tidus and Auron. Knock her out
down until she transforms.

FORM2: She will now start to cast Hell Biter, which Zombies your characters
and does a decent amount of damage. Counter with Holy Waters and use
everyone's Overdrives but not Yuna's. She should die after a couple of hits.
Heal when
necessary but don't heal while in Zombie status or you will kill yourself. She
should die shortly after that.

Numerous reports indicate that if you are Zombified when Yunalesca changes to
Form3 and casts Mega Death, the Mega Death will not affect those Zombified.
Therefore it is best to keep at least 1 person Zombified as to not get wiped
out.

FORM3: This is the hardest one. She casts Mega Death right off the bat and she
casts Hell Biter [zombies all characters + damage] a lot and will Absorbs your
HP. Osmoses all your MP. Start off by summoning Bahamut. Use his Mega Flare
and
it should take off a significant amount. Don't get all excited if he lives
because he will no longer be able to use his Overdrive because Yunalesca will
cast Curse on him. Just use Impulse or Attack until Bahamut dies. Pull out all
other Aeons and use them till the end. This will knock off a lot of her HP.
Use regular attacks and she should die. HARD battle but you can pull it off.

Have everyone's overdrive ready and the aeons overdrive ready, mmkay? that was the guide i used and it worked for me. For the full guide go here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_g.txt

Bearz

If you still didn't beat her yet, get Yojimbo, when i got him, he took out the first form and second form alone, Shiva can also keep up with Yunaleska's second form (speed) even after you use the overdrive, Shiva will most likely survive, giving it time to cast Blizzara on herself. For the last for an all out assault with aeons and overdrives

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
You COULD just steal fire gems from the bombs, equip fire-eater to all your armour and use Lulu's Firaga to heal. This way you can stay in zombie the whole match and not worry about healing or megadeath. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back