• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

You're playing the game wrong.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't really go any mashing, but it's not very avoidable.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
You know it doesn't have to be one button for a game to definably be a button masher, right?
The entire series consists of button mashing.

True, but when I'm referring to button masher, I'm referring to the game requiring three or less buttons at all times or something along that lines. When more buttons get involved, it adds variety to how you're button mashing. Actually, a better explanation is that the series is all button mashers. It's just that KH2 doesn't really require much more than hitting X and RCs to win battles. (ignoring moving forward, backwards, side to side.. since blocking and dodging are hardly needed, except on lower levels.. jumping? Meh.. not needed all too much either, beyond the occasional rise in ground/ ledge.)

T

The Spoiler

αsiя;4890273 said:
cmon only my x button worked on my controller and i still got 100% on KH2

In many parts of the game you NEED to use the reaction commands

You also need to jump

liar

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
You know, final fantasy is mashing X and using the directional buttons too, you just press X a lot less and the directional buttons more.

On some occasion you might have to press triangle to open the menu, and circle to cancel an action.

Except FF is turn based, which calls for actual strategy. Fuck off you hack.

Jakek9

Except FF is turn based, which calls for actual strategy. Fuck off you hack.
Actual strategy? Because choosing who you attack is so hard. Though I agree it takes strategy in planning attacks, I'd say if done right Pokemon can be harder via strategy. I guess it depends what FF game.

Anyways, I agree the game is all button mashing. But if thats true, why is the gameplay so addicting. OH, cause you have to be a strategic masher at times.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Actual strategy? Because choosing who you attack is so hard. Though I agree it takes strategy in planning attacks, I'd say if done right Pokemon can be harder via strategy. I guess it depends what FF game.

Anyways, I agree the game is all button mashing. But if thats true, why is the gameplay so addicting. OH, cause you have to be a strategic masher at times.

In the other KH games yes, in KH2.. no.. KH2's just x, x, x, x, x, triangle, *insert more x mashing*, *insert occasional block or jump*, rinse and repeat.. That's all you have to do. Casting Cure or using an item is occasional as well, unless you're level 60 (or so) and above, then it's rarely.

Jakek9

In the other KH games yes, in KH2.. no.. KH2's just x, x, x, x, x, triangle, *insert more x mashing*, *insert occasional block or jump*, rinse and repeat.. That's all you have to do. Casting Cure or using an item is occasional as well, unless you're level 60 (or so) and above, then it's rarely.
Well, not on boses. It's X,X,X,X Square, Triangle, X,X,X

XD
I hope KH3 is a strategic button masher/combo/whateva everyone wants. Maybe a higher difficulty.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I don't think you have ever played Final Fantasy in your life if you are comparing it to Pokemon :\

KH is just attack and don't get hit. Its simple. You don't need to think about your attacks much. Its not like the enemies really react to your attacks. Their AI isn't very detailed.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
does it really matter if you mash the button. I mean come on if the game is fun then it doesnt matter.

Patrine

Website
www.twitter.com
does it really matter if you mash the button. I mean come on if the game is fun then it doesnt matter.
True, but when I started playing KHII (witch was just a few mintes after finish KHI), I though "this is too much easier, it sucks"
I guess it's waths people's saying 'bout mashing.
You can complete the game only presing x x x x x x x x x x ans triangle when a HUGE green booton appears on the screen

Jakek9

no it's not.

if bbs is mashing then kh1 is mashing which both are bullshit.

bbs isn't a button mashing game like kh2...facepalm
yes, BBS is still button mashing in alot of ways.

It mostly depends on your style. But the O button is meant for regular attacks you know.

BUT, it doesn't matter. Seriosuly.

A

Azrael

yes, BBS is still button mashing in alot of ways.

It mostly depends on your style. But the O button is meant for regular attacks you know.

BUT, it doesn't matter. Seriosuly.

At least the reaction commands in BBS don't take out half of the friggin enemy's HP like in II.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, a lot of you say all you do in KH2 is mash X. You are playing the game wrong. By the time the game gets a little more depth, you should have enough [_] actions to make a more interesting combo.
*grumbles on then jumps off soapbox*

Well, now, who said they couldn't do anything else? It's just unnecessary, since you really can beat KH2 by mashing 'X'. It's quite annoying, but it's the harsh reality of the situation. And it's where KH2 failed, even when I replay KH1, I never feel like I'm button mashing, I still find that I do more in 1 than 2, perhaps it's just me.

Maybe a lesson from God of war....

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I like difficulty and strategy. I literally played half way through the game KH2 my first time through without any regard for abilites or ap boosts.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I don't think you have ever played Final Fantasy in your life if you are comparing it to Pokemon :\

KH is just attack and don't get hit. Its simple. You don't need to think about your attacks much. Its not like the enemies really react to your attacks. Their AI isn't very detailed.

I don't know about BBS. From what I've seen, some of the bosses actually dodge, block, and counter attack more than they did in KH2. Half of the time in KH2, bosses and regular enemies alike would gladly take a beating in-between attacks, because they obviously had never heard of dodging and blocking. Maybe the few boss battles I seen means nothing, but it looks like Square's at least putting effort into making the AI less stupid.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I don't know about BBS. From what I've seen, some of the bosses actually dodge, block, and counter attack more than they did in KH2. Half of the time in KH2, bosses and regular enemies alike would gladly take a beating in-between attacks, because they obviously had never heard of dodging and blocking. Maybe the few boss battles I seen means nothing, but it looks like Square's at least putting effort into making the AI less stupid.

Since we haven't actually played BBS, it is biased to say it either way. But the gameplay is still simplistic. That is how they want it. If they have a frustrating complicated style, they lose a chunk of the audience.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, but God Of War showed developers how they can take button mashing and mask it with an incredibly deep, and diverse system of combos and abilities. Square would do wise to learn from such a hit as GoW, so many others have copied it, and it would certainly help the franchise if they did something to help hide the button mashing, such as making other talents more useful.

This may be a kid game, or whatever you wish to dub it, but this is a much different generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back