• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yen Sid Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoamIreally

As many of you know Yen Sid is the utmost respected person in the Kingdom Hearts series. Even those who are not trained by him seek his guidance and wisdom. We see this when Terra, Ven, and Aqua each give him a visit. His knowledge of the heartless/Nobodies/Unversed is extremely vast as he refuses to give out all of the answers.

Yen Sid's age remains unknown as it has never been stated officially. Once a Keyblade Master, Yen retired that title and to this day consults with the stars. His personality is without doubt the main thing that adds to his mystery. Talking in a monotone voice, Yen remains hard to decipher. He has several powers in which we are able to see through out the games.

These power are but not limited to:
1. Mind Reading - He is able to read Sora's mind when he comes to visit him for the first time.
2. Make things Appear
3. Teleport - After giving the Gummi Ship to the gang, he teleports off.
4. Time Travel - Maybe, it seems like he does not age and his knowledge is far to great.

My theory is that Yen Sid was there to witness the first keyblade war. He may not have witnessed it directly (participated) but in fact time traveled there himself. I also think he has traveled to the future and saw what would become of the world. He takes this knowledge and uses it to guide his apprentices Mickey, Sora, and Riku. Yes I consider Riku and Sora since they will soon will undergo the Mark of Mastery by either Mickey or Yen Sid.

Not much of a theory but does anyone else agree?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
When did he time travel?

IMO I think time traveling to see the Keyblade War seems unnecessary and risky with the possibility of altering the future and all. With the kind of mysticism he posses he might not need to time travel to see the war if he wanted to. I think it's more practical to see it via visions or a crystal ball for example. Unless you're trying to insinuate that he purposely changed the timeline?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
wise people never time travel and if they have to they send in a dumb hero to do it for them
ex: merlin to sora

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Maybe he scurried (sp?) the past. I mean he is a sorcerer, so he wouldn't exactly have to physically go to the past. If we go with this theory we're basically saying Yen Sid is the only character in Kingdom Hearts who knows everything that has and will happen in the story (just like Dumbledore in Harry Potter xD).

axel95

Awards
I doubt Yen actually time traveled. If he has seen the KW, he probably has seen it in a vision. I'm kind of hoping that we get to find out more about Yen in 3D.

WhoamIreally

Well, technically it is hard to determine if he is able to time travel but if we take some of the knowledge he has gathered, its almost completely impossible for him to know. We know he seeks guidance and consults with the stars (which could be other people like Master Eraqus) but guidance isn't being given answers, rather leading you toward them.

As I stated in my original post, he may have witnessed the war without actually participating in it. Whether it be via time travel or crystal ball, this guy knows his stuff and what will happen. We have yet to see him panic or show an ounce of fear. When Mickey does wrong, Yen makes it right. All of this is destined to be.

While Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus only remember the First Keyblade War as a legend, Yen Sid hints toward knowing a lot more than just legend. He tells Sora about sealing the door to light. We know of 3 sorcerers at the moment. Yen Sid, Merlin, and Maleficent. The respect toward Merlin is miniscule compared to that of Yen Sid. Their powers may be something stronger than what we know.

Also, If Yen Sid could see the keyblade war through a crystal ball, why not over power him? He has taught Mickey well, and even then he tells Mickey that he is no match for Xehanort and what else is left to come. If he knew that Sora, Riku, and Mickey were no match, he would step in to help them out. Yet again, we don't see him panic.

Ruran

Awards
^
Well yeah, I don't put it past Yen Sid to know about the war more than other people.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
As I stated in my original post, he may have witnessed the war without actually participating in it. Whether it be via time travel or crystal ball, this guy knows his stuff and what will happen. We have yet to see him panic or show an ounce of fear. When Mickey does wrong, Yen makes it right. All of this is destined to be.

Yeah it's destined to be, Nomura is writing it all up.

Yen Sid doesn't panic, because he doesn't want to make assumptions. When Terra met Yen Sid and asked about the Unversed, Yen Sid said he "must not make assumptions" when asked if MX and the Unversed were connected.
He also wasn't sure that Terra actually killed Eraqus.

So he doesn't know everything and anything that is to come, he only knows what he reads from the stars, and he still doesn't fully accept the information or make assumptions, without solid evidence.

Yen Sid knows what happens when you assume, haha. I still find that funny.

WhoamIreally

Yeah it's destined to be, Nomura is writing it all up.

Yen Sid doesn't panic, because he doesn't want to make assumptions. When Terra met Yen Sid and asked about the Unversed, Yen Sid said he "must not make assumptions" when asked if MX and the Unversed were connected.
He also wasn't sure that Terra actually killed Eraqus.

So he doesn't know everything and anything that is to come, he only knows what he reads from the stars, and he still doesn't fully accept the information or make assumptions, without solid evidence.

Yen Sid knows what happens when you assume, haha. I still find that funny.

I think he is more leading to the point of "Answers cannot be given away, you must find them yourself", when he says "I must not make assumptions". Can you clarify what you mean by he doesn't panic because he doesn't make assumptions? Assuming and knowing are two way different things. Even if he did not assume, panic would most defiantly strike him in a time where Xehanort could rise back to his original self.
We can both agree that Yen Sid is on the good side of all this crazy stuff happening in Kingdom Hearts, and that if he could do something to stop it (being an all mighty force) he would do it...that pretty much leads me to think that he already knows what will happen and the procausions to take. Also, you could say that he does know who killed Master Eraqus. As we see in the video, we could "assume" (lol) that MX had finished him off while he was saying his last words. Also keep in mind the purple cloud behind Eraqus right as he is vanquished. It is surely MX's doing. Terra just weakened him.

Star Shard- Yen Sid: He (Mickey) has left with an object whose power he does not understand nor know how to control". We see Mickey using it for travel, yet Yen Sid makes this comment maybe hinting that it is used for things greater than warping...maybe time warp? It is used in KH1 to allow warping to other worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Awards
Just for future reference, double posting is against the rules.

I think he is more leading to the point of "Answers cannot be given away, you must find them yourself",

There is a time for learning things on your own and a time for straight answers and with Kingdom Hearts and all the worlds at stake I don't think it's the appropriate time to let "trial and error" happen. There's no time for it. If Yen Sid had all the answers I don't think he'd keep them all to him self.

when he says "I must not make assumptions". Can you clarify what you mean by he doesn't panic because he doesn't make assumptions? Assuming and knowing are two way different things. Even if he did not assume, panic would most defiantly strike him in a time where Xehanort could rise back to his original self.

He's not sure what MX is up to and he doesn't want to assume bad things about his colleague. Yen Sid can't panic about something he's not sure of. Every thing could have simply been a misunderstanding and as they say "innocent until proven guilty".

We can both agree that Yen Sid is on the good side of all this crazy stuff happening in Kingdom Hearts, and that if he could do something to stop it (being an all mighty force) he would do it...that pretty much leads me to think that he already knows what will happen and the procausions to take. Also, you could say that he does know who killed Master Eraqus. As we see in the video, we could "assume" (lol) that MX had finished him off while he was saying his last words. Also keep in mind the purple cloud behind Eraqus right as he is vanquished. It is surely MX's doing. Terra just weakened him.

Although very wise I don't think Yen Sid is meant to be an omnipotent and all knowledgeable being. His knowledge comes the stars and watching the tides of light and darkness so much of what he knows is probably based on interpretation of abstract elements which is why he doesn't "assume" since those things can easily be misinterpreted.

Star Shard- Yen Sid: He (Mickey) has left with an object whose power he does not understand nor know how to control". We see Mickey using it for travel, yet Yen Sid makes this comment maybe hinting that it is used for things greater than warping...maybe time warp? It is used in KH1 to allow warping to other worlds.

I wouldn't give too much thought to the Star Shard. It was more of a plot device that was used Gummi Ships hadn't been invented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back