• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xSora

What do you think about a return of her as her own person (and this time "she" not "it") ?
I mean her story really touched my heart (days was the saddest game in KH in my opinion) and i really want her to go back as her own person .. but it's kinda weird :O

Because she's a replica , she a "it" , she something that a person created (by a machine // not naturally)
even if she grow a heart , she just a data/memories , her body is fake too.(obviously .. she created by a machine and also she doesn't have a face - it changes from person to person)
So she is a really special "being"(?) , she doesn't meant to exist(and not like nobody , at least a nobody is something that could happen in KH universe nature , she just been created by a person) , she didn't created naturally - I mean if roxas get to be his own person , it won't be so weird (even though he need Sora's body cause he is a part of him and Sora's body is actually his body too) because he born by a process that can happen in KH universe and its totally normal and naturally(becoming nobody // and it's not like being born by parents is actually means there something , so he doesn't really diffrent from any other human being there)

But Xion was a replica , a puppet , made of memories , so even if she got a heart ( and i think she's obviously grew a heart because she could feel sadness and happiness) do you think she could return as her own person , but a real one , not a puppet or a replica or a "it".

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Personally, I felt that Xion's story should've ended with Days and that she should've been a one shot character much like her "brother" Repliku. In the KH universe a real person is dictated by whether or not they have a heart, which Xion most likely has. Her being a real person isn't so much a problem than as she's not a complete person, lacking her own body and soul. With that said, it's possible that she'll come back, how is still a mystery. Though if we're going by a "real person" being defined as someone born naturally, or at the very least have a body acquired through more "natural" means, I doubt that would be the case. Which doesn't matter much tbh. It kind of defeats the purpose of Sora telling her that it doesn't matter if she was created artificially or not by further treating the fact that she's a replica like it's an obstacle to overcome, outside of a personal dilemma that is.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Agreed [though I'd prefer it if her or days hadn't happened at all].

As Ruran stated what seems to determine a "real" person is the presence of a heart, which as we learned in DDD, just about any sentient thing can develop or grow with time. [like roxas or axel did]

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Xion has a heart but no body or soul, right? Maybe that's where the KTRH comes in. It could work out that way.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Xion has a heart but no body or soul, right? Maybe that's where the KTRH comes in. It could work out that way.

Hmm, sorry, but can someone enlighten me on Xion's body (gosh, that sounds really wrong)? Is her replica body not considered a body, her own body?

And as for soul... this concept hasn't been explored in KH universe, if I'm not mistaken. My theory is that a soul by KH's definition is something that animate, as in living like us, beings have. By extension, I mean Nobodies, Replicas, Heartless all have souls. I might be wrong, though.

Therefore, a heart is what you need to emote. A body is what gives you physical form. And a soul is what allows you to live.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think it'd be really funny if Sora's empathy for Roxas and Namine didn't extend to Xion, simply because he finds her inclusion as a piece of him excessive and too much to think about. We need more Dick!Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Possibly since it's also that case with Roxas.

Hmm, sorry, but can someone enlighten me on Xion's body (gosh, that sounds really wrong)? Is her replica body not considered a body, her own body?

And as for soul... this concept hasn't been explored in KH universe, if I'm not mistaken. My theory is that a soul by KH's definition is something that animate, as in living like us, beings have. By extension, I mean Nobodies, Replicas, Heartless all have souls. I might be wrong, though.

Therefore, a heart is what you need to emote. A body is what gives you physical form. And a soul is what allows you to live.
She has no body at all at present is what she means

Actually the soul has been touched upon in the secret reports of kh2 and ironically it's exactly like your theory. x'D In kh the soul is designated to the life force of the body. The body is the shell, the heart is the identity and the soul is what keeps the body alive.
Thats why when a heart loses it's body the body either vanishes, sleeps or becomes a nobody instead of outright dying.

In kh the lack of soul equals to natural death [or as close as kh gets to that].

See:
Secret Anssem report 4 said:
Three elements combine to create a life: a heart, a soul, and a body.
But what of the soul and body left behind when the heart is lost?
When the soul leaves the body, its vessel, life gives way to death, but what about when the heart leaves?
A being does not perish when its heart leaves its body. The heart alone disappears into the darkness.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Possibly since it's also that case with Roxas.

She has no body at all at present is what she means

Actually the soul has been touched upon in the secret reports of kh2 and ironically it's exactly like your theory. x'D In kh the soul is designated to the life force of the body. The body is the shell, the heart is the identity and the soul is what keeps the body alive.
Thats why when a heart loses it's body the body either vanishes, sleeps or becomes a nobody instead of outright dying.

In kh the lack of soul equals to natural death [or as close as kh gets to that].

See:

Thanks for the explanation. It's been ages since I last played KH2, probably six years ago or so.

As for KtRH... if it is a means to save Xion, Roxas, and anybody else need saving, where will their hearts go once released from within Sora? Unlike Ventus', whose body is lying comatose in CO, the other hearts would just float around unless there is some receptacle to contain them.

Will we see the return of Replica Program, then? With those artificial bodies, Roxas, Xion, and Naminé's hearts will have somewhere to go to. I'm getting the feeling that KtRH isn't exactly there to return hearts... but to relocate hearts.

But at this moment we still have limited information about this. We don't know whether KtRH is even a key at all; it might be a person, or a technique, or just a concept.

xSora

Even when Xion had a body , it's still wasn't a real one as it only reflecting Sora's memories ,
and her appearnace had changed from person to person depends on his connect with her.
wait .. if lack of soul is like death , how come Xion lived without a soul?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Even when Xion had a body , it's still wasn't a real one as it only reflecting Sora's memories ,
and her appearnace had changed from person to person depends on his connect with her.

I think it's been stated that Replicas are a special type of Nobodies. That's saying that Replicas are a subset of Nobodies.

Therefore, if Nobodies consist of their body and soul, it stands to reason that Replicas do as well. The only difference is that the Nobodies' bodies are natural, while the Replicas', artificial.

That's my theory... although I'm also at a loss on how Xion possesses her soul. Does it mean that souls can be artificially created, too?

EDIT: Wait a sec... that means the heart that left has no soul. Which means... Heartless are non-living beings? Or is it that a portion of the soul went away with the heart?

Last edited:

Sorakh212

Awards
I can't imagine Xion not being part of some crucial story development in KH3. Whether that be her becoming a real person or just have some strong metaphorical presence they have to use her some way or another. Of all the things I'm looking forward to this is something that had caught my attention especially with how powerful her scenes were in DDD...well more from Roxas, but you get my point.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the explanation. It's been ages since I last played KH2, probably six years ago or so.

As for KtRH... if it is a means to save Xion, Roxas, and anybody else need saving, where will their hearts go once released from within Sora? Unlike Ventus', whose body is lying comatose in CO, the other hearts would just float around unless there is some receptacle to contain them.

Will we see the return of Replica Program, then? With those artificial bodies, Roxas, Xion, and Naminé's hearts will have somewhere to go to. I'm getting the feeling that KtRH isn't exactly there to return hearts... but to relocate hearts.

But at this moment we still have limited information about this. We don't know whether KtRH is even a key at all; it might be a person, or a technique, or just a concept.

I dont think we'll see the return of replication but a more refined form of whatever kairi done to sora when she turned him human again. When he went from heartless to normal again he somehow gained a new physical presence despite the fact that his body and soul moved on to form his nobody roxas.

Well one Xion was a replica and two in kh a soul is nothing more than life force, for all we know the org had a method of bestowing said lifeforce to a replicas body to give it life.

I think it's been stated that Replicas are a special type of Nobodies. That's saying that Replicas are a subset of Nobodies.

Therefore, if Nobodies consist of their body and soul, it stands to reason that Replicas do as well. The only difference is that the Nobodies' bodies are natural, while the Replicas', artificial.

That's my theory... although I'm also at a loss on how Xion possesses her soul. Does it mean that souls can be artificially created, too?

EDIT: Wait a sec... that means the heart that left has no soul. Which means... Heartless are non-living beings? Or is it that a portion of the soul went away with the heart?

The heartless are "darkness made real" and darkness isn't about living or dead it's a force of nature, a law of the universe, itself. Plus even though the body dies without a would the HEART DOESN'T. The heart never truly dies just the body.

And plus a heartless and nobody are essentially two parts of a person in separate places but connected. Shown in how destroying them reforms the person or shown even greater in Sora and Roxas who still had a connection so strong that Vexen could crafts a memory card from Roxas' memories of Twilight town from sora's heart.

Javelin434

Awards
The hostilities against Xion here is really... prominent.
Regardless of me getting put down rather aggressively for voicing a different opinion than the more popular guy, I want Xion to come back in KH3. I was really touched by her story and loved it (hell, I loved her in general xP). She possesses the drive of wanting to become a person. She knows her flaws. She knows who (or rather, what) she is. She's like Pinocchio, except she doesn't have a magical fairy to grant her wish.

Her body may be artificially created, but I'm pretty sure she managed to grow her own heart during her few days of existence. As for the soul concept, I'd rather not overthink it and make it more complicated than it needs to be...

shaneycat2012

Banned
i didnt even like xion at first in kh 358/2 days i just knew at the start of when i saw her that she would have something fishy going on in the future of the game o-o

sora x kairi

I think they might put xion back in because she is a cool game character in kh can't leave her out they have to put her back in

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So are you saying that people who are actually created by artificial means aren't real people?

I think Nomura likes to touch upon this subject in several of his games. Remember the machine/monster in KH2 in Halloween World? Or just the whole concept of Coded.

It doesn't matter where you come from or how you came into any world by any means, and that's Nomura's emphasis in much of KH's story.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
i still say i dont like her but yet again that my desition :|

The main question however would be what personal dislike or antipathy for a character has to do with his/her prospect of actually returning in the scope of the series, which is for Xion not much different from the other characters who have a chance to return due to her having grown her own heart.
The memory-issue may make take the whole issue up another notch of difficulty, but at the base the needed elements for her to return are there, Ansem the Wise even makes a direct allusion to her in Dream Drop Distance.

So are you saying that people who are actually created by artificial means aren't real people?

I think Nomura likes to touch upon this subject in several of his games. Remember the machine/monster in KH2 in Halloween World? Or just the whole concept of Coded.

It doesn't matter where you come from or how you came into any world by any means, and that's Nomura's emphasis in much of KH's story.

When looking around the net, it seems that actually many people are still on that viewpoint nowadays, not only on Xion but also on Roxas and Naminé, despite it having been hammered down more than once throughout the series that they are people of their own despite all other-sounding propaganda of idiots like Xemnas, Pete or pre-redeemed DiZ.

This whole concept was actually already brought up in Chain of Memories, with Sora already making his stance clear with his last speech to the Riku Replica:
Sora: Wait! Who cares if someone created you? You are you and nobody else. You have your own heart inside you. Those feelings and memories are yours and yours alone. They're special!

The second bold statement even predates Roxas' "I'm me, nobody else" from KH2/Days towards Riku and the rest blatantly states what Dream Drop Distance now confirmed for the whole cast: That anyone and anything can have a heart.

So Nomura does not only touch the subject but basically batters us over the head with it, also by using several different characters (Riku Replica, Naminé, Roxas, Xion, Data-Sora, heck, even friggin' Vanitas) created by different means other than (supposed) "natural" means, and yet the answer is always the same: The origins do not matter in the very end.

This snippet from Coded actually gives another gem towards this topic (and there are really people who think Coded is only important for the secret ending, lol):
Pete: Gah ha ha ha! What a pair of rubes! Why risk your necks for a lump of data? Oh yeah, I know all about this phony. Youse guys MADE him, just like that phony Keyblade he's got!

Donald: Don't you ever talk about Sora like that! He's our friend in this world and every other one, too!

Sora: Donald...
Pete: Hmph, maybe on the outside, but he's just an empty shell. The kid don't got a heart.

Goofy: That's not true! We've got Sora's heart right here!
Pete: Oh yeah?

Donald: You'd see it too, if you were looking. Why would he keep fighting for us--no matter the danger, no matter how hard things got--if he didn't care?

Goofy: A-yep! And we'll fight for him too. Ya know why? Because he's in our hearts as much as we're in his. Our friend is our power! Donald: And we'll always be his!

---
Sora: What...just... The Keyblade?

Pete (shocked): W-what's the big idea!? I saw Maleficent destroy that thing!

Mickey: Sora, you're just full of surprises!
(Mickey enters)

Sora: Mickey!
Sora: Why? What did I do?

Mickey: I'm not sure, Sora. All I can say is that something in you has changed. The Keyblade takes its power from the wielder's strength of heart. But an old friend of mine once said, "A heart is so much more than any system." I gave you the Keyblade as data, and never expected it to match the real Keyblade's power. But during your journey, you made a connection...with us. You've risen above the system, Sora, and gained power unlike anybody else's. And THAT's what brought your Keyblade back.

Especially that second bolded part is interesting, as it practically takes the whole "connect-with-other-people-and-grow-a-heart"-reveal that Dream Drop Distance gave us with so much "shock"-value and slams it already in our face right there.

I wonder though how many may have realized this before DDD came around and gave the flat out confirmation.

All these things above (and some things from KH 2 and Days too) actually contributed to the result that I wasn't really that surprised when Xemnas finally came around the bush in DDD, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back