• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

XIII Seekers of Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBlankKH

At the end of Dream Drop Distance we are shown a few members of Xehanort's "True Organization" which consists of thirteen people/nobodies/past Xehanorts that will soon be turned into many Xehanorts. Though only six have been revealed, we know there shall be more. What are your guesses?
Here are the six known members:
Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Ansem(Xehanort's Heartless) Xemnas, Saix, and Xigbar.
Who do you want to be a member?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Twelve, actually. It was then that Sora was supposed to be "recruited", making him the thirteenth vessel.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Xehanort did indeed consider Roxas. However, he decided against it because, just like Young Xehanort said, Roxas became too aware of himself and returned to Sora.

But anyway, the identity of this thirteenth member is as of now just as mysterious as those of the other six, although somehow, I have a feeling that whoever takes this spot is going to be special... or at least more special than the other vessels.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm pretty sure that Terra is being counted among the 13. Vanitas is a likely candidate. Eehhh. It's really hard to theorize the rest. Criteria were set up that makes it difficult for most the remainding ex-Org. Members to be considered and I'm not sure how liekly it is for Disney characters. Repliku and KH1 Riku I've heard tossed around a lot. It's really up in the air.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I remember a few months back I theorized that Zack could be one of the members.
Let's see... Vanitas is likely. KH1 Riku... Xalden/Dilan... Based on appearance and sheer awesomeness, Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY is a possibility... Vexen/Even... Pluto...

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
1. Master Xehanort
2. Young Xehanort
3. Xehanort's Heartless
4. Xemnas
5. Xigbar
6. Saix
7. Xaldin
8. Vexen
9. Terra-Xehanort (Present)
10. Terra-Xehanort (Past)
11. Riku-Ansem (Past)
12. DiZ
13. Vanitas

That's been my list for months. I like to think that time-travelers of the past can have "doubles" only if their exact present counterparts exist in the present. For example, XH and Xemnas wouldn't have doubles because they've been destroyed, but Terra-Xehanort could exist as both his past and present selves because his present self would be the reborn Xehanort. In that case, Riku-Ansem would've been the 13th vessel, had his present counterpart still existed.

DiZ is the weakest link in my list, but I like to think that he's connected to XH very deeply.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(In no specific order)

1. Young Xehanort
2. Master Xehanort
3. Xemnas
4. Xigbar/Braig
5. Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem: Seeker of Darkness
6. Saix/Isa
7. Vanitas
8. Terranort (pre-Aqua fight)
9. Apprentice Xehanort
10. The Xehanort that should have come back when his heart and body became one again (so essentially Terranort pt.2)
11. Vexen/Even (was revived unstable, which strikes me as odd)
12. Xaldin/Dilan (also revived unstable)
13. KH1!Riku or KH1!Riku-Ansem

That's my list, though I think Nomura will throw something surprising in there like KH2!Rikunort ala possessed mode, maybe Repliku even though I firmly believe he should remain our saddest death (but he won't and instead he'll be pulled out of his time and told he can still become his own person by killing the original.)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think that Even and Dilan are likely canidates because they were said to be "unstable". Terra And Vanitas are pretty much guranteed. Riku Repliku is also a possibility.. I think its safe to assume that no Disney character will be canidates.

I think that the identity of the final member is going to be a major plot point in KH3. He could even be a new character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He could even be a new character.

Highly doubt this unless he is literally another form of Xehanort we have yet to be introduced to. There would be no emotional investment for the audience to have in making him a new character. If anything, it'd be more of a "who the hell are you and why do we care" moment that should be avoided at all costs considering we already have an extremely bloated cast.

New characters in general are fine since that is bound to happen to give the next saga something to work with after this Saga is done with all seven or so Xehanorts + the characters that won't survive this saga (i.e. probably Braig, Vanitas, somehow I imagine Eraqus not making it back and having an honorable sacrifice for the sake of his students/children)

But a new character to be a Xehanort? That seems like unnecessary work.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not saying its a wise idea, especially since this is the final game of the saga. I've thought about the possibility of a new character as the final member and am kind of on the fence about it. But it's something I could honestly see Nomura doing

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Well, if other works of fantasy can be used as a base, people or objects important to the plot have been introduced in the final part. For instance, in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the characters Xenophilius Lovegood, Aberforth Dumbledore, and Bathilda Bagshot, although mentioned or hinted at in prior books, didn't physically appear or were even remotely important until the final book. Also, Ravenclaws diadem wasn't introduced or even mentioned until near the end. I'm sure other examples can be pulled from literature and movies. For all we know, the random guy in Traverse Town who was turned into a heartless in KH1 could have a part to play. There is nothing saying a new character, or one who was only mentioned in passing, could become the XIIIth Darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, if other works of fantasy can be used as a base, people or objects important to the plot have been introduced in the final part. For instance, in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the characters Xenophilius Lovegood, Aberforth Dumbledore, and Bathilda Bagshot, although mentioned or hinted at in prior books, didn't physically appear or were even remotely important until the final book. Also, Ravenclaws diadem wasn't introduced or even mentioned until near the end. I'm sure other examples can be pulled from literature and movies. For all we know, the random guy in Traverse Town who was turned into a heartless in KH1 could have a part to play. There is nothing saying a new character, or one who was only mentioned in passing, could become the XIIIth Darkness.

Harry Potter had the benefit of foreshadowing and pretty solid writing. JKR had everything planned early on. Nomura's just been making a lot of stuff up as he goes (not all of it, but but enough of it to matter) And even those things introduced at the end of HP (the things that went unmentioned at all in the series) were considered some of the weakest parts of the series.

Kingdom Hearts is not Harry Potter, though. Even though there is nothing saying it can't happen, it won't really garner any praise by fans if they did make some random new guy a major villain at the end of a convoluted saga that has featured more characters than it could handle. Even worse, many of these characters have been brought back into the story via a convoluted plot device. With an already congested story that has to be resolved along with Disney plots that will take up 60% of the game, a new character with that much importance is way too much to ask for from KH3.

Last edited:

What?

Although I cannot quite conjure up a list just at the moment, I am tending towards agreeing with the general thread that at the very least there would be a good number of former Organization XIII members as part of Xehanort's little shebang. Xaldin plus any number from his previous apprentice crew feel at the very least somewhat likely. Along with that, I would not be at the least bit surprised if one character from the central protagonist trio somehow fell towards joining, or the like. It would, to some extent I suppose, fit with the ideas of friendship and redemption that the series has especially lately been tending towards. Alas, either my eyes are much too cemented or I am simply unable to see much more foreshadowing beyond this, if any.

Although, I also do doubt it would be a new character per se; they might be tangentially related to an existing one as a sort of "form" of another character (KH particularly loves this trope, as we all know) but otherwise the writing might feel a bit clumsy for a completely new individual to be introduced here unless their existence was foreshadowed enough, while still being relevant to the over-arching plot. Perhaps an individual whom we know at the very least exists but has been seen so little that we barely consider them a character.

Looks like Sora's mother is confirmed one of the members, then.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think that Even and Dilan are likely canidates
Agreed, especially if you take into account Dilan's, as Xaldin, attitude towards hearts in days. I also think Ienzo should be considered after all it was he who is mentioned in kh's secret reports as the one who was behind the laboratory the apprentices used.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Agreed, especially if you take into account Dilan's, as Xaldin, attitude towards hearts in days. I also think Ienzo should be considered after all it was he who is mentioned in kh's secret reports as the one who was behind the laboratory the apprentices used.

The Problem with this is though that Ienzo, although he only had little screentime in DDD, did not give away any vibe that he's still a immoral douchebag (rather the other way around, as he seems to be reformed, as is Aeleus) or that he's somehow possessed and thus a darkness against his will.
He has absolutely no Xehanort-traits on display nor is there any hint at a form of enslavement to Xehanort's will like Terra has.

narushipu

Awards
No one noticed about the possibility that the organization wants all keyblade chosse ones? if Lea could make a Keblade appears, why Isa and Braig dont? so... the chances increase. that leads us at my criteria:
1_ Xehanort
2_ Young Xehanort
3_ Xemnas
4_ Xehanort Heartless/ Ansem Seeker of Darkness
5_ Braig
6_ Isa
7_ Vanitas
8_ Terra or other (because Xehanort sais to mickey when he has sora: "yes, but two of your list is on my power now" and mickey didn´t know Roxas or Xion so... could be Terra, Aqua, or ven)
9_ Riku Replica
10_
11_
12_
13_

AntiBlack Coat, i think of him as a Guardian and Even and Dilan don´t because if that happens we has to considerate Marluxia, Larxene, and Luxord. the other spots i can´t full. I´ll let them on blank

P.D: Sorry i do not speak English as you can actually see

Gram

Banned
Awards
The Problem with this is though that Ienzo, although he only had little screentime in DDD, did not give away any vibe that he's still a immoral douchebag (rather the other way around, as he seems to be reformed, as is Aeleus) or that he's somehow possessed and thus a darkness against his will.
He has absolutely no Xehanort-traits on display nor is there any hint at a form of enslavement to Xehanort's will like Terra has.

And the problem with that is the aforementioned little screnn time. Its to early to be deeming him as an impossibilty just cause he seemed as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back