• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Xiaolin Showdown 2013

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
This reminds me of when Batman The Animated Series was followed by The New Batman Adventures. Everything's just slightly different, and it's disorienting. It's not worse...but it's not really better either.

Going with 3D animation for the showdowns is an interesting choice. No doubt the animation team that does the 2D is separate from the 3D team, which would result in better and faster production overall.

As far as first episodes go though, that was pretty strong.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I couldn't get into it. Not sure what about it was so off putting though. =[

iLeen

Awards
I completely agree.

I think what was mainly felt off for me was that it seemed like all the character development Raimundo went through just vanished
(I can't say the same about the other characters cause they didn't really have any growth XD ), which is what I really liked about him in the first three seasons.

Chase also seems a bit off. He seemed...slightly narcissistic. Even if he did destroy the temple, he (and all the other villains) didn't feel like much of a threat to me. Meh, I dunno what I'm saying. Something IS making me feel weird about the new season, but I'm not exactly sure what it is, either.

There were a lot of continuity errors, but MOST of them I didn't mind so much cause there's nothing they can do about rights issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back