• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► x~Nothing's Tears~x

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
Ok guys For all you Roxas fans out there! (And anyone who loves the Nobodies as much as me!) I got this idea one day in English class. tell me all your thoughts that way I know whether or not to keep writing this, and how many people are actually reading!I originally had this in the wrong section (oops...) but, for those of you who read it before, help me out, ok?:blush:

---------------------
It’s so...dark.

This darkness...

Unnatural darkness...

I...I don’t like it...

Chapter One

Roxas awoke to find himself lying on a dark shore. A full moon gleamed a silvery light above a dark sea, and waves lightly brushed the shore with black waters. The sands and rocks surrounding the sea were black, though the rocks emitted metallic, purple veins that looked like cracks in the stone. All was still...tranquil...silent and sinister...

His body was beaten and bruised from what seemed a hard fall, but Roxas had no memory of ever falling, or even moving, from the spot he was lying in now. A breeze blew by his face, blowing his golden blonde hair away from his eyes, but he didn’t feel it. He didn’t feel anything.

No pain...
No fear...
No hope...
Nothing...

He lied upon the sand in silence, begging his legs to move or his torso to raise itself, but nothing happened. Instead he was left to lay, staring at a deep darkness above him, thinking...

Where am I?

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes, though not noticing. There was no change in scenery. He listened to the soft waves rocking themselves back and forth, soothing his body.

“Sora!!”

A females voice rang out clearly in his head, ringing in the silence.

Sora?

Flashes of memories quickly filled his mind, each shorter than the last. He opened his eyes and stood up quickly, his body finally responding to an order.

I’m Sora.

He looked around frantically, hoping to find the girl who called out for him. He never saw her. His only company was the moon, stretched out ahead of him and its companion, the sea. His body fell with a loud thud upon the sand. He was still alone.

I’m...Sora?

Suddenly a brilliant light appeared in the form of an orb above his chest, hovering quietly.

A heart?

He reached out to touch it, but was repelled by it. All at once he felt tired, hurt, cold, and lonely. He became aware of his fear and helplessness, and longed for someone or something to keep him company. His body began to shiver and he realized his only clothing was a ragged pair of old, blue, cargo shorts. The cold water washed against his feet, causing him the withdraw them, bringing his knees up to his chest. He was... feeling...again.

The orb of light, which Roxas was still convinced was a heart, still lingered, neither moving, nor threatening. It stayed close to his chest, clinging to the air around him. It seemed warm near his body, and he eagerly accepted its company...

“Sora!” The female’s voice rang out once more in the quiet air, but this time it seemed happier. “I’m so glad your ok!”

Standing up once more, Roxas took another surveying look around him, wishing to find the young girl who so eagerly called out to him. But still he found nothing, only the small light which glistened in the darkness, growing fainter with every doubt he had.

Suddenly a dark vortex appeared beside him. Roxas stared at it for what seemed like ages before his legs carried him towards it. His instincts told him not to go, but his body said otherwise. He was powerless to its demands. He stepped inside the portal and it closed itself behind him forcing him to walk a darkly colorful corridor that seemed to have no end.

It was strangely familiar, walking this path, and he soon found himself eager to explore it once more. He made his way through the winding path, never seeming to be getting anywhere, unsure of his location or direction at every corner and turn. The tiny light quivered as if to show fear, and seemed to grow fainter still as he walked on, unnoticing its reaction to the void.

Then, Roxas saw another opening. He ran towards it, anxious to escape, only to find himself standing back on the dark beach, right where he started.

Only this time, he was not alone...

A dark figure, clothed in a jet black robe, sat on a rock beside the shore. Quietly though, as if in a trance. It turned its head and nodded, acknowledging Roxas’s presence. Roxas looked down at himself and saw that, he too, had the same robed appearance as his visitor. He could still feel the warmth of the light beneath his fabrics and was relieved it was still there.

“I’ve been to see him.” this man spoke, startling Roxas a bit. His voice was deep and slow; sure that Roxas had heard every word. “He looks a lot like you.”

Roxas was confused beyond belief and he had so many questions for this man, many important questions. Except, the one that he actually managed to choke out, was not one of them.

“Who are you?” Roxas could have smacked himself. But still, this man answered his question, though not necessarily the answer he was hoping for.

“I’m all that’s left...or, maybe I’m all there ever was.”

“I meant your name”

“My name is of no importance. What about you? Do you remember your true name?”

“My true name is...” Roxas didn’t know. He couldn’t remember who he was anymore or how he had come to such a quiet place. He couldn’t remember Sora, and he couldn’t remember his statement earlier about being Sora. He didn’t know anything. He felt completely stupid standing there not knowing who he was, where he was, or why he was there at all. He knew nothing. The tiny orb of light rose up out of his coat and into the dark abys, disappearing as it went. It’s warmth... was gone.

“My true name is...” He repeated himself, as if asking the question again would give him the answer he sought. But still the answer never came. So instead he stood before this enigmatic stranger, dumb to his questions and helpless to defend his sanity.

“Come with me...” the hooded man stood up and opened yet another portal, in which he went through, beckoning Roxas to follow him. Roxas, of course obeyed, not knowing what else to do.

All his emotions, all his memories, all his feelings...all were gone. The cold and fear he had felt moments ago had disappeared along with the tiny light. He no longer felt lonely, or tired, he only felt empty. His heart had vanished just moments before, along with its light and its warmth.

He now felt...nothing...

-----------------------------

so, what do you guys think? Is it lame?There is an actual plot to this! Just the beggining, when Roxas was born. (and Kairi's voice was when Sora becomes human again. I couldn't remember what she said but I hope I got my point across...right?) I suppose this could be more of a prologue than anything...hmm...tell me what you guys think! :wub:

Haku

<3
I think that its off to a good start, I would like to continue reading to get a better understanding of things.

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
x~Nothing's Tears~x- Ch.2

What is this place?

Not light...

But not dark...

And all these people

All these nothings?

Chapter Two

Roxas and the hooded man emitted from the portal to find themselves standing in front of an enormous castle. The man started towards it, but Roxas only stood there, dumbfounded. He stopped midway and turned to face Roxas once more, taking off his hood to reveal a very young face. His hair was silvery and long, hanging down over his shoulders. His skin was tan and his eyes were so grey they seemed almost translucent.

“Xemnas.”

“What?”

“My name. You asked it before but I saw no need in telling you there.” he stopped and turned to look at the castle once more. “Anyone could have been listening.” He glanced sideways at a nearby building as if someone was there but nothing appeared. He merely laughed, as if his provocation was ignored. “Come.” He motioned with his hand for Roxas to follow him, which he did, once more.

“I’ll bet your wondering about a lot of things.” He said as they walked through the door into a large white room with staircases leading upwards in every direction. Roxas stared in awe for only a few seconds but then snapped back to reality at Xemnas’s words.

“Uh...yeah.” Roxas followed him up many sets of stairs, spotting two other people in black robes as they went. One had blue hair and a large X shaped scar on his face, and the other, a female with an evil smirk on her face, had blonde hair. Xemnas nodded at the two of them and then hurried along, up three more flights of stairs. But neither he nor Roxas showed any signs of being tired. They couldn’t after all.

Eventually he was lead to a small room, in which two white cots sat, opposite of each other. There was a tiny window, where the moon shone through, and a small wardrobe where a few more robes hung, unattractive.

“You’ll sleep here. You have a roommate, Axel, and there...” he pointed to a small intercom, “is where you’ll hear your orders every morning. Roxas nodded and surveyed his room.

“Where’s the blankets?” Xemnas looked at him and smirked, making Roxas feel like he had said something stupid.

“You won’t be needing them.” Roxas only gave him a look of confusion. “Everything will be explained to you tomorrow. Now rest. You must be tired after your...” he paused as if pondering the right words. “Adventure.”

He walked out of the room screaming loudly at someone name ‘Marluxia’

Roxas sighed and plopped down on his bed. It was hard and springy. He didn’t care.

Staring at the white walls, he shut his eyes to escape the brightness of it.

I prefer the darkness...

“Keep squinting like that and we’ll have to consider a mistake on our part...” a fiery red haired man with black lines under his eyes strolled into the room. He looked at Roxas with studying eyes. “We’ll have to tell Xemnas you’re a heartless.” he laughed at his joke, a weak, scratchy laugh. Roxas only cocked his head with more confusion.

“Are you Axel?” the man stopped laughing at the sound of his name. He nodded to him and held out his hand with mild politeness.

“Got it memorized?” He poked Roxas’s forehead as if to prove his point.

“Um...sure?” Axel walked over to his own bed and lied down upon it, looking at the ceiling.

“I hate these things.” he poked the bedding. “They’re hard and small and..” he stopped his complaints and smiled. “But what should we care right?” Roxas cared very much, but didn’t say it.

Axel snapped his fingers and a tiny flame appeared on the tip of his finger. He twirled it around, making it dance in the air. Roxas watched him with amusement. He blew the flame out and turned his head to look at Roxas.

“You should get some sleep.” he turned back to the ceiling. “Unless you wanna look like Vexen.” Once again he laughed that scratchy laugh.

“Who...?”

“Oh, sorry. I forgot. You haven’t been briefed yet have you?”

“Um...no.”

“You’ll find out tomorrow then.” He rolled over, back facing him. “Who knows? Maybe me and you will have a mission together?”

A mission?

“Or maybe not. You’d be better off being stuck with Namine...if they ever find her.” He slowly drifted off to sleep, leaving Roxas in silence.

Yay. He finally shuts up.

Roxas lied down on the hard bed drifting off to sleep. A few times, he was wakened by a memory, but once awake he couldn’t remember it...

Kairi. I’ll come back to you. I promise.

----------------------------------------------------------
Yay! now you guys get to comment! I'm very excited about this second chapter. It's sort of my theory about Roxas and the others. Actually this whole story is ABOUT Roxas, Namine and Axel. I mean, the others come in, yeah, but the story doesn't revolve around them. so, tell me...

:thumbsup: or...:thumbdown:

Haku

<3
Awesome chapter, this one was a much better improvement than the first.

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
wow! thanks guys! yeah, this my favorite fanfic bassically because it makes sense. I'm trying to make it like a back story. Chain of Memories will soon be involved and some of the dialogue is the same but then some is not. Like I said, it COULD have happened! lol but thanks for reading, all of you!

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
x~Nothing's Tears~x- ch.3

Ok guys! (and girls) I now proudly present you with the third of many more chapters! Please enjoy and comment afterward. (Warning- some swearing is involved with this chapter, but nothing major. It's bassically Axel that does all the cursing...now, please read and enjoy!):thumbup:
--------------------------
So many secrets

Too much confusion

If I'm so special than why am I a prisoner?

A follower...

A nobody?

Chapter Three

“Rise and shine sleeping beauty.” Axel called out to him from the other side of the room. Roxas lied there, eyes closed. He could hear Axel’s quickened movement about the room and wondered why he was hurrying.

“I said get UP!” Axel shot flames from his palm and nearly set Roxas on fire. Roxas screamed and got up quickly. Axel laughed at him.

“You know, you’re a funny little dude.” Roxas glared at him.

“Shut up.”

“No one else in the castle is even phased by my tricks. Kinda sad really...”

“I don’t care.”

“Does anyone here...?"

Just then the little box began to talk, and the hooded man, Xemnas’s voice, came out of it.

Organization members 4,5,6,9,11, &, 12 are to report in the meeting room at 9 pm sharp. Enjoy your day members because after today, you will be very busy. Member 13 report to my office immediately. As for the rest of you, be happy you have nothing to do. That is all...

The intercom clicked off, and Axel gave out a long sigh.

“Damnit! Why me?” he stopped and looked at Roxas. “You should go.”

“Why?”

“Because, you’re member number 13. You should already be in Xemnas’s office.”

“What?!” Roxas ran out the door, sprinting up many stairs and around many hallways. This earned him odd looks and snickers from other members he passed in the hall. He nearly knocked over a short guy with brown hair and little water things all around him. He looked back to say sorry but made a mistake and ran right into Xemnas. He wasn’t very pleased.

“I was coming to get you, seeing as you obviously don’t know your way around here yet.” Roxas was on the ground, looking helplessly up at him. Xemnas bent down and pulled him up roughly by the arm.

“But Axel said...”

“Axel is a bumbling fool who needn’t often be listened to.”

Well that’s nice to know...

Roxas felt like a fool as well.

“But he is very crafty, and cunning to boot, which is why I’m sending him on a very important mission.” Roxas nodded. Xemnas started walking again, up many stairs, around corners and even through secret doors in what seemed to be abandoned rooms. Roxas didn’t see any more members, and was actually glad to escape the laughter of what were now his ‘peers’

Xemnas lead him into a room far up in the castle and deep within its depths. Roxas tried to remember the route they took to get this far, but the many books and levers that needed pulling, and how all the rooms looked the same, it was no use. He was seated in a comfy chair, and Xemnas took seat behind a large desk where books and scattered pages were sprawled everywhere. There was an enormous computer behind him and the walls were lined with books. The room wasn’t white, but surprisingly, black was its theme. Roxas only stared around in awe. Xemnas cleared his throat and Roxas snapped back to attention.

“No doubt Axel has told you a few things, hm?” Roxas shook his head.

“Only a few jokes. But none of them made sense to me...” Xemnas didn’t laugh, as Roxas did, but only frowned with disapproval.

“Well you need to know some things before I dispatch you on your first mission.” Roxas nodded and sat back comfortably, feeling he was going to be there for a long time.

“Roxas, you are a nobody, as is everyone else here.” Xemnas began, cutting to the chase. “You were born when someone with a very strong heart gave it up to the darkness, creating two halves. A heartless, and a nobody. Being half a person, we shouldn’t even exist, and as we have no hearts, we cannot feel... But still, here we are. Not fully alive, we cannot die, but that isn’t saying we are immortal. What would normally kill a being would kill us too, only instead of dying we just become nothing...do you understand?”

Roxas’s jaw was nearly on the floor. Speechless, he only nodded his head in response, unsure whether or not he really DID understand.

“This organization was created by me in order to do whatever is necessary to become whole again. You are now a part of it. You can either join us, or leave us. But know this, a nobody like yourself stands no chance in the outside world. Without feeling you will dwell the land of the living and only grow envious of their hearts. You will become something you don’t want to be.” Xemnas looked him in the eyes as he said these words, making certain that they dug deep into his mind. Roxas was reeling. He would have felt sick if he could.

“I’m in...” He felt like he had just signed a contract with words, but not knowing anything, he knew he had no choice.

“Of course you are.” Xemnas stood up to leave. “You will go with Axel and the others on their mission, but you must be cautious and make yourself as unseen as necessary for reasons you will know later. I will have Axel tell you about the details when the meeting is through. The halls will be silent by then.”

“Wait!” Roxas stood up quickly. Xemnas turned to look at him. “Who’s Namine?”

“What?” Xemnas looked shocked and then angry all at once.

“Axel said I’d have a better chance of being paired with Namine. Who is that?”

“Namine is not a member of the organization and is something you shouldn't be concerned with." his voice was soft, but firm and the finality of them told Roxas not to question any furthur."Now go and do something with yourself.”

Roxas stood immediatly, left the room in silence and hurried along the corridoors, thinking...

I’m a nobody...

------------------------------

That night, after receiving a map from the water guy, (who’s name turned out to be Demyx) he found his way back to his room. He searched the walls and actually found a switch which opened up another room. It was a library, half the size of Xemnas’s, but a library none-the-less. Axel wasn’t surprised when Roxas told him of his finding. He apparently already knew about it, he just hated to read.

“I’ve got the mission orders.” He said grimly. “But this won’t be easy.” Roxas nodded.

“We are to go to Castle Oblivion. Vexen, Zexion, and Lexaeus have already gone ahead. Me, you, Larxene and Marluxia are going tomorrow...Are orders aren’t simple and some details were very vague, but the bottom line is; we are to bring back the keyblade bearer, preferably alive.” Roxas cocked his head.

“Who?”

“You’ll see soon enough, but you shouldn’t worry. You are only coming as a mentor. So basically you stay in the shadows and do nothing but watch me in action!” He made two large chakram appear, one in each hand, while flames danced around his hands like puppets in a show. Roxas laughed and jumped back nearly ten feet, and as he did, a keyblade appeared in his right hand. Roxas stared at it, shocked at this thing which felt so light in his hands but powerful all the same. Axel allowed the flames to die and nearly collapsed on the floor.

“That’s a keyblade! What the hell!?!” Roxas was just as surprised as he was. “You little shit! THAT’S A FREAKIN KEYBLADE!!!” It fell from his hands and disappeared in a puff of black smoke as it hit the floor. Roxas fell to the floor as well and stared where it had disappeared.

It all seemed so natural...

“We can’t tell anyone about this!” A black void appeared in the center of the room, and Xemnas stepped out of it. He already knew.

“So, we DO have a bearer in our wake. I suspected as much, but wasn’t sure...” he glanced at Axel who was against the wall, silent in Xemnas’s presence. “You did well, Axel...” He glanced at Roxas and smiled. Roxas was still on the floor, but if he wasn’t, he would have fell down with shock once more.

“This is good.” he turned to walk through the portal again. “You will go with the others according to plan. But Axel...” Axel turned his attention to Xemnas. “You must take great care and caution, as always. He mustn’t be seen.” Axel nodded and looked at Roxas, fear spread out over his face. Xemnas left and Roxas screamed.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!” Axel shook his head.

“I don’t know.”
---------------------------------------------------------
Oooooo...Roxas gets his keyblade. Secrets are unraveled. Axel acts as a MENTOR!? Insanity in afoot! lol jk, only a little. Subscribe to this thread and check back very soon for Chapter Four! :toungesmile:

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
x~Nothing's Tears~x- ch.4

Another being like me.

A friend? A companion?

Locked away...

Hidden...

But another Nobody

Like me.

Chapter Four

It was dark. Roxas was awaked in the middle of the night to walk the paths of darkness with his roomate, but he wasn't tired. Axel lead Roxas down a narrow corridor, talking all the while, explaining the plan again and again, making sure Roxas understood it.

I can recite it now...

“I have to get you to the castle before the others. If not, they’ll get suspicious. My invisibility trick is nowhere near strong enough to get past Zexion.” Roxas had met Zexion just hours before hand, along with the other members in the castle. He seemed...strange.

Axel lead on until another portal opened in front of them, leading into another castle, with more white rooms.

“More white!” Roxas complained loudly. Axel laughed and turned back to the portal. “I’ll be back in a few hours. You’ll have until then to get acquainted.”

“With who?” Roxas asked, puzzled.

“With the castle, of course!” he winked at Roxas and left as quick as they had entered.

“Bummer.” Roxas said aloud. He looked to be in the same room as before. Same bed, same window, same white. It sucked. “They really need a new decorator.” He said to nobody in particular. He turned to leave the room and looked out into the hallway. More stairs.

Roxas decided to climb and see how high the castle went. Nothing else to do. He looked at the intricate designs carved into the marble along the walls. Lot of thorns and roses weaving in and out of each other, up and down. Every step he took echoed in the high ceilinged stairway and with every step he seemed to get no where seeing how high the castle rose.

Then, after what seemed an eternity of climbing, Roxas heard it. A soft, muffled, sob coming from a room above him. He ran up the stairs and onto the final landing leading into a small room.

All along the walls, drawings were pasted, all with colors and people looking back. Some only showed a place and some only showed a symbol or two, but all were intricately done. There was a large table with crayons and a sketch pad in the center with many tear stains on the current drawing. In the chair, sat a tiny girl about his age, quietly weeping. Her clothes, too, were white blending in with her skin which was nearly as pale as the walls around her and her long blonde hair hung over one shoulder. He took one step towards her but the sound echoed in the room as well and it caused her look up at him with sad blue eyes.

She jumped, stood up quickly, and in doing so sent pages and crayons flying all over the floor. She slowly backed against the wall and looked at Roxas with fear in her eyes.

“You’re one of them?” She said quietly taking in his cloaked appearance. Romoving his hood, which was absently drawn over his face, Roxas walked toward her. She turned her head and shielded her face with her arms, arms which seemed bruised in small places.

“It’s ok." Roxas said softly, taking in her feeble appearance. "I’m Roxas. I’m not here to hurt you.” he smiled, trying to calm her down a little.

“I’m..." she said, her eyes piercing, trying to decide whether trusting him would be foolish. "Namine.” she put her arms down. Roxas nodded.

“Nice to meet you Namine.” she smiled a small smile and wiped the tears from her face. “Why were you crying?”

“Oh! Umm...it was nothing, just...” she blushed a little. “I don’t really know...” then her expression changed, thinking. "lonliness...?" and this she said more to herself than to him, but he heard it just the same.

“Oh...” Roxas looked away from her and at that drawings on the walls. “These are good!” He pointed to a familiar looking boy with brown spiky hair accompanied by a boy with silver hair. “Who’s that?” he asked. Namine walked next to him to see.

“I don’t know. Just a someone I dreamt about once...” He gaze was far off now. "It's funny though."

"What is?"

"Are nobodies supposed to dream?"

Roxas looked into her eyes, thier gleam unreadable, and her words provoking curiosity within him. She turned her gaze to his and smiled, turning back to her current drawing. The paper was wet, but Roxas could tell it was going to be an island of some sort.

“There aren’t any islands around here.” she said as she noticed him looking. “So I thought I’d make one of my own.” she sat down in her chair and began drawing again. Roxas knelt down, his cheek nearly touching hers, and watched her draw. She blushed bright red but continued on until her sketch was complete. She started to color it with vibrant blues and greens, making it happy looking. She finished soon enough and smiled sadly at her creation.

“What are you going to call it?” Roxas asked from beside her. He spoke softly so only she could hear him, not like there was anyone else around, and looked at her sad eyes.

“Destiny Island.” she said just as soft. She had taken a liking to this kind stranger and he to her. He didn’t hit her or demand things of her like the other members had. He was kind and patient making him different from the others.

“Perfect.” he said as many unsaid words passed between them. the silence stretched on, but neither was bothered.

Suddenly, Axel appeared in the doorway. He smiled at them, and then motioned for Roxas to follow as he turned away from the door. Axel left without saying a word, and walked down the stairs.

Roxas stood up and helped Namine hang her new picture on the wall next to the two mysterious boys. He walked to the door and turned to her before leaving.

"You know, I dream too."

"Well, maybe it's because you're special?" Namine smiled.

"Maybe..." Roxas said, though his tone suggested otherwise. “I’ll come back, I promise.” They smiled at one another.

“I know you will.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK not much of a chapter I know. I’m sorry. Roxas is a hard person the write about, especially making sure to stick within the story line and have everything add up with currently known information. :cursing: It’s a huge gap to fill, but I will do it! (just in my own way.) :blush:

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
x~Nothing's Tears~x -ch.5

This chapter will not be very fluffy. Not very fluffy at all. So all you fluffiness lovers, I apologize. And all you fluffiness haters, your welcome!

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts or anything affiliated with it. I only own this laptop, after many monthly payments...:bored:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nobodies can't dream...

Nobodies aren't supposed to dream...

I don't want to dream.

I'm only given nightmares...

Chapter Five

Roxas’s vision was dark. His eyes were closed. But rather than opening them, he kept them closed, listening to the soothing sound of waves and birds around him. He was at peace with everything.

I feel so...warm.

Suddenly something large and painful hit him on the head.

“Whoa!” he heard himself say, but the voice he heard was not his own. A red haired girl laughed over him playfully.

“Sora, you lazy bum! I knew I’d find you snoozing down here...”

Sora? Who’s Sora?

Suddenly the scenery changed and Roxas found himself sitting on a tree at sunset. Beside him sat the cute red headed girl, and another boy with stern eyes and silver hair.

“You’ve been thinking a lot about this, haven’t you?” the girl beside him said.

“Thanks to you. If you hadn’t come here, I would never have though of any of this. Kai...”

Standing in a cave, he watched helplessly as he scribbled upon the wall, unable to control his movements...

The silver haired boy stood before him now, his back facing him. The sky was dark and the atmosphere went from peaceful, to heavy. The boy turned to face him, an evil grin on his face and his deep blue eyes gleaming. Roxas was afraid.

"Riku?!"

"The door has opened..."

Then once again Roxas found the scenery surrounding him changing again. He was standing on a small piece of land, drifting in midair, and behind him stood a giant back...thing. Suddenly the keyblade he had brandished earlier appeared in his hand. Once again his legs and arms began to move themselves allowing Roxas no control. He failed to defeat the monster and instead turned out to be hanging on for dear life as a giant multicolored vortex ripped his island apart attempting to take him with it. Losing his grip on the small plank of wood he was grasping, he began flying towards the giant vortex. He closed his eyes wishing it would all stop, and then suddenly began crying out within his mind.

HELP!

Then he sat up. Sweat was rolling down his face and he was gasping for air. Axel stood leaning against the opposite wall, his arms crossed, his eyes closed. Roxas looked around and saw...white.

“It was...a dream?” Roxas said aloud. His voice was back at least. Axel nodded and smirked.

“You were talking in your sleep. I would’ve woke you, but your cries of ‘Namine! Namine!’ made me think other wise.” Roxas glared at him while he just laughed.

“It wasn’t like that, pervert.” He stood up and pulled his black robe on over his tan cargo pants.

“Yeah, sure. Not my business anyway, right?” Roxas nodded in agreement, scolwing to himself for sleep talking. “‘course, you two were awfully close yesterday.” Roxas whipped back around to give him another glare. “But like I said, not my business...” he smirked at Roxas and walked to the door.

“Where you going?” Roxas asked.

“We have guests.” Axel smiled and left the room. Roxas plopped back down on the bed and put his head in his hands.

Was that island...was it Namine’s island?

Roxas shook his head to shake the thought from his mind. He stood up and went through a secret door Axel had shown him which took him into a small room with tv monitors everywhere. Here he could see everything in the halls and main rooms. On one screen he could see Axel toying with a little boy and two strange companions. He was holding a set of cards which he threw at the trio. The boy had his back turned to the camera, but if he hadn’t, Roxas would have seen the boy from his dream...Sora had arrived at last.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Namine was humming to herself, happily drawing another picture. This time, she didn’t stare down at it with disgust, but smiled to herself. It was Roxas and Axel as they had appeared before her yesterday. She picked up a red crayon to color Axel’s hair, and then a black one for their robes. She had just finished placing it on the wall next to Destiny Island when a voice behind her spoke.

“Aww, how sweet. Has little Nami found a friend?” the voice was deep and sinister, mocking her very being with each word. He touched the picture with black gloved hands and placed a finger on Axel’s drawing. “And who’s this?” he ran his hand over to Roxas. Namine took a step back but was caught by a hand on her neck, squeezing her tightly.

“What do you want?” she choked out the words trying to hold back tears. Marluxia was back to haunt her.

“Why, my dear girl! You sound so sad to see me! Tell me, have you been a good little witch since I’ve been away?” He let go of her neck allowing her to nod her head.

“Yes.” Namine looked at the floor, unable to look him in the eyes. His eyes...they were so cold...so lifeless.

“Good.” he smiled and evil smile at her, “Because now, I have a very important task for you, little Namine.”

He moved towards her pushing her against the wall, one hand around her throat once more.

“We have visitors in need of memory loss.”

Aww! I’m so mean! It’s a good thing Marluxia meets his demise by Sora’s hand, because if he didn’t, I would use my authoress powers to put an end to his evilness. Muwhahaha...anyways please review! Oh! And if you liked this story, read my other fic- “Reality is Calling” It's much more...random. lol[:toungesmile:/I]

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
Hey guys! Another chapter is here at last! Writers block sucks doesn’t it? Anyways, I did a lot a research and replayed KH:COM again so I was sure to stick within the story line and not go out of order! Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter! It was a hard one to write! R&R!

(A/N: If you haven’t already noticed, the bold print in the story is Roxas thinking to himself, I just don’t want to be repetitive in saying that over and over. So for those of you who were confused, hopefully that helped some! )

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts or anything affiliated with it.

-------------------------

Chapter Six

Roxas was careful walking the dark corridors of Castle Oblivion. Nightfall had encased the castle and daybreak still hadn’t shown its face. His light footsteps made tiny noises in the hall, echoing up to the ceiling. This plan wasn’t going to work very well. Only minutes ago he had to hide behind a tall, granite post to prevent being seen by one of the organization members. Zexion had sensed a presence but went along his way ignoring the feeling.

Ha. Stupid Emo kid.

Roxas continued this way up many flights of stairs until he came to a room where Axel, Larxene, and Marluxia were talking. Roxas hid outside the door so he could hear what was being said, forgetting about his quest to see Namine for a brief moment.

“This kid’s memories are intriguing, sure, but, why are you being so nice to him Axel?” Larxene’s voice sounded from the room. Sticking to the shadows, Roxas peeked around the corner to see into the room. Larxene, the menacing blonde girl and the only female ‘member’ of the organization, was lounging peacefully on a grey sofa in the corner. Axel was leaning against the opposite wall, his eyes closed, and was grinning slightly in spite of himself. Marluxia was scanning the wall of books in front of him as if fascinated by all its novels, pretending not to listen to the two’s conversation.

Axel shook his head in response to Larxene’s question. “Distasteful cruelty isn’t my style, Larxene.”

“Oh, I see!” Larxene smiled an evil smile, “You’re interested in him. Not just the keyblade, but his heart as well!” Axel shook his head in disagreement.

Are they talking about me?

“His heart wasn’t swallowed by the darkness at Hollow Bastion...” Axel paused. “People who lose their hearts also lose their minds, their feelings...they’re consumed by the heartless...”

“Right, but that didn’t happen to him.” Larxene finished, her mocking tone and evil smile faded.

Him? Him who?

“He held on to his feelings, his being... even as a heartless...but, why?” Axel looked lost in wonder. “He literally is the ‘key’... what makes his heart shine like that? What hides in its most mysterious depths?”

Then, Marluxia spoke.

“The heart is a mysterious thing, Axel, but unlocking its secrets is the whole reason we, the organization, exist.” Marluxia smiled. “And as long as I’m in charge of Castle Oblivion, the plan will follow through without flaw.” Larxene piped up.

“So, leader, how is the plan coming along?” Axel looked up silently, wide eyed with wonder again. Obviously he had no idea what she was talking about.

“Everything is under control. Very soon, our hero will ‘remember’”

Roxas sensed movement in the room, Axel was leaving. Roxas hid behind a pillar nearby and waited for all three of the members to leave as well. Once they were gone and Roxas was sure he was alone, he let out a long sigh and felt more confused every minute he stayed with these people...or nobodies.

What’s going on!

-------------------------------------------

“You will draw Sora new memories and you will draw what you are told. Erase his memory of Hollow Bastion to get the point across to him, but leave Goofy alone. He’s already suffered enough head damage...”

Marluxia’s orders were not orders Namine wanted to follow, but what choice did she have? Roxas still hadn’t visited her and she hadn’t seen or heard from him since their first encounter. Namine secretly wondered if something had happened to him. And what about Axel? She hadn’t seen him since then either.

Did Marluxia get rid of them?

Namine held back tears again as she drew furiously on her sketch pad. A picture of a castle with a large Heartless insignia on it was taking shape before her. She picked up a purple crayon and began to color before it broke in two. Namine’s eyes were burning with tears, but she couldn’t cry, not yet. When she finished, she allowed her tears to flow with grace, spattering on the finished picture, blurring it entirely.

“There...” she said quietly to herself. “His memory is gone.” She put her head down on the table and wept silently, trying to suppress her loneliness as to not be heard by Larxene or Marluxia.

Roxas, where are you?

The little bird cage that Larxene brought her swayed slightly, creaking a sickening sound, filling the room with its sadness as well. A little doll sat, perched limply against the golden bars, and its button eyes seemed to stare vacantly at the walls lined with picture after picture, all colorful in their own way. Namine looked up at it and smiled a sad smile at the little doll. For it looked just like her...

---------------------------------------

dun dun dun...oooo mysterious chapter huh? The part about Namine is really sad, though hopefully not a tear jerker...anyways, please comment, and more will be up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back