• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► x~Nothing's Tears~x

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
I'm late to reading these chapters good job on them all.

Pinky Rose

Website
www.myspace.com
May I have a "FREAKING AWESOME!?"
YuS!
You are seriously one rocking chick!
Whoooooooooooo!
yeah!
.............yeah...........................whoooo........
T.T
Bored!
As the Water Guardian, and protector of all dimensions, I command you to write more! Bwa ha ha ha!
(HA!)

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
x~Nothing's Tears~x- ch.7

Ok guys! I know I promised a new chapter the other day, but I got strep throat and couldn't make myself get out of bed.:thumbdown: But I'm better now and here to tell you. YOUR WAIT IS OVER! lol. and here it is!
-------------------------------------------

Chapter Seven

Moving slowly from pillar to pillar, Roxas tried making his way back upstairs. The halls were empty, a creepy empty...the kind of empty that shouldn’t be there. The sky outside was still dark and he had a feeling that it wasn’t going to change. Thoughts of the previous conversation filled his head with more questions that he knew would never be answered, and caused him to doubt his new ‘companion’ more and more. Who were they talking about? And what was Axel after?

Lost in thought, he was startled when voices sounded from behind him. Roxas nearly tripped trying to jump behind one of the marble columns once again in an attempt to hide from the people coming his way...

“Something wrong Jiminy?” a strange sounding voice came from behind him.

“Yes, actually. Something Axel said has been bothering me.” another voice, smaller this time, replied. Roxas peeked around the post to see their faces. There stood the weird trio Roxas had seen earlier, and the boy...seemed so familiar.

“What is it?” the young spiky haired boy said.

“He said...’When your sleeping memories awaken, you may no longer be you...’”

“Aww, don’t worry about it Jiminy, that’s just something he said to sound mysterious.” the dog like creature was speaking now. “But, uh, this sure is a strange castle...I bet anything could happen!”

“Yeah, I hope we can find Riku and the King here.” the boy said softly.

“Hey! Do you guys remember that other castle we explored? You know, the one with all them contraptions?” the duck like creature and the boy looked at him, confused.

“What?”

“When did we do that, Goofy?”

“Gawrsh! Don’t tell me you guys forgot!

“You sure you didn’t make it up?”

“No! Of course not! That was the place where Sora used the keyblade to free Kairi’s heart! Then he turned into a...”

Sora...the one Axel and the others were talking about...

“A heartless! Yeah! I remember now!” the boy said excited.

“I’ll never forget how worried we were...” the duck piped up.

“Wait! That happened in a castle? What was it called?” the boy looked lost in thought.

Snooping around, eh?’ a smooth voice whispered in Roxas’s ear, causing him to jump. Whipping around he saw Axel standing there, a grin on his face but a look of exhaustion under his eyes. Roxas couldn’t help but wonder how he could be tired...he was a nobody, same as him, but the thought was quickly repelled from his brain. Both stood very still as they listened to the trio talk for a few more minutes before ascending to the next floor. Axel motioned for Roxas to follow him as soon as he was sure they were gone.

“I’ve been all over this castle looking for a place for you to stay. A place where no one visited.” Axel explained. He put out the palm of his hand toward the wall and shot three simultaneous fire blasts in the pattern of a rose. The flames glowed red hot on the pure white castle walls before fading away leaving no trace of them ever being there.

“...the hell?!” Roxas hissed at him. Axel grinned and said, “Wait.”

Suddenly a small door, just big enough for Roxas to go through, appeared on the wall. Staring in awe, Roxas was momentarily speechless. Axel stopped grinning and looked at him with all stages of seriousness.

“This is where you’ll stay. I have to leave you here. I’m sorry. It’s the best I can do giving our circumstances, so you’ll have to make due.”

“Can I get out once I’m in here?” Roxas asked, suddenly remembering that he couldn’t do the fire thing like Axel could.

“Yeah, you’ll figure it out. But try not to leave unless I’m with you...” he stopped, turning away from Roxas, his face cast in shadow. “There’s a lot of bloodthirsty members here that would love to kill me...and you...” Roxas was taken aback by this statement and could only stand there in shock, and...fear?

Am I afraid?

“I’ll be back for you in a few hours. There’s someone I need to go see.” He turned to leave. “Stay out of trouble, ok Roxas?” he smiled a little as Roxas nodded, and then walked away, through a portal, all the while thinking to himself.

-----------------------------------------------
Roxas, where are you?

All alone, Namine continued her drawing with hot tears in her eyes. These tears were not needed, but still they came tumbling down, barely missing her creation. Roxas stood with his back turned to her, staring at a door in front of him, hesitant to open it. She had no clue what the door was for, but felt a need to draw it, like her other pictures. The inspiration was just...there.

Suddenly, a knock at the door echoed throughout the room, startling her. Dropping her sketch pad and charcoal pencil, she looked up the see Marluxia standing in the doorway, a slight smile on his lips. Fear spread across her face and then terror as she saw he was accompanied by Larxene.

“Don’t be so clumsy, Namine!” he laughed cruelly at her, “Clumsiness is unacceptable, you know.” Namine picked up her drawing and continued looking at the ground even after her things were gathered. Larxene walked over towards her and grasped her chin tightly in her hand, forcing her to look at her cold, grey eyes.

“How’ve you been, witch?” she said quietly...cruelly... “You been a good little girl?” she snatched Namine’s book from her hands to see. Namine was thankful her page was covered by other drawings before it after falling from the table. Marluxia walked over to them, and she jerked her chin out of Larxene’s grip.

“Excellent...” he said softly as he gazed at Hollow Bastion’s blurred picture. “Looks like everything is going perfectly. Soon, we’ll have control over this castle, and then, the entire organization...”

“Oh, smooth Marluxia. Just like an evil villain. Do you always go about telling everyone of you’re plan before it takes place? I swear sometimes you’re just like Vexen...” Larxene said, criticizing him.

“Shut up.” he spat back.

Namine shrank down into the corner, trying to escape the attention of her two visitors as they argued over nothing, their voices growing loud and echoing in the room. Eventually, they left her there, her sketchbook sprawled out on the floor in front of her, and her body shaking with fear.

“Roxas...Sora...” she whispered quietly to herself, “help...”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roxas opened the door, took one step, and fell, tumbling down an unexpected flight of steep stairs. He lay sprawled out at the bottom, his head spinning, while trying to gather his senses. He heard a slight, distant, thud, and realized that the door had closed itself behind him. Letting out a loud groan, he continued to lay there, unmoving. He was now alone, in a strange room, and in the dark.

Great.

Finding his balance, he stood up and felt his way along a wall, hitting a switch. Lights suddenly came on around him, and he could finally see his surroundings. Along the wall he saw a small cot, dirty, but unused, a few bookshelves containing old and dusty novels, a table with a busted leg, and one chair. The room was small, but would suit Roxas just fine, if only it hadn’t smelt like bleach.

Roxas walked over to one of the bookshelves and pulled out an old, dusty, leather bound journal with yellowed pages and scratchy handwriting. He sat down on the bed, opening the book up to the first page, hoping to find something interesting within them.

“My efforts these many years have come to fruition, with the world I govern having become a paradise worthy of being called, ‘Radiant Garden.’ Nurtured by the pure water that is the source of life, fragrant flowers bloom in abundance and the people face each day with hopeful smiles. But where there is light, darkness also lurks...As noted in my earlier reports, I must solve the mystery of this ‘darkness of the heart’ This paradise depends upon it...”

(A/N - taken from Ansem’s Secret Reports)

What...?

Suddenly the door at the top of the stairs opened, and Axel descended into the room. Roxas quickly hid his book under his bed and smiled at him as he entered.

“What’s up?” he asked cooly. Axel brandished a brown paper bag and tossed it at him.

“Brought you some food.” he said, sitting down on the small chair opposite of him.

“Thanks.”

“I figured you were hungry. I mean, you haven’t eaten since you got here.” he smiled a little. “Not that nobodies need food. It’s just a habit we hang onto after our separation.” Roxas’s smile faded at the thought. He wished he could forget what he knew. It was depressing, knowing you’re not real.

“That sucks...”

“Yeah. Namine won’t eat at all. Actually, she won’t sleep at all either, come to think of it.” his voice trailed off but jerked Roxas back to reality.

“Oh! I’m supposed to go see her!” he stood up quickly, his food falling to the floor.

“Relax. You can’t go now.”

“What? Why?”

“Because, Marluxia is up there with her.” Axel looked at the ceiling, his nose twitching at the sight of a spider. “But, I’ll give her a message for you if you want.”

“Right...” he said and scurried around the room for a pen and some paper. He eventually found some and hastily wrote something, folded it up, and handed it to Axel.

“Do I get to read it?” he asked, laughing.

“No.”

“Ok then. I’ll deliver this as soon as I can, promise.” Axel stood up to leave. “Better get some rest. Now, as my apprentice, the work begins for you. Tomorrow we are going train.” Roxas was surprised at this.

“Apprentice?” Axel laughed slightly, nodded his head and left him there, alone once more...
----------------------------------
Heh heh Booyaka! (As one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters would say) There you have it! chapter seven complete! Much more coming very soon. I'm actually almost done with chapter eight! So, now bow down before me and comment on my greatness! lol JK! :toungesmile:

twilight_rising

Website
www.tokyopop.com
x~Nothing's Tears~x-ch.8

Chapter Eight

Roxas tried to sleep that night but only found himself tossing and turning until his side began to hurt from the hard mattress. He sighed and sat up, grabbing the journal he had found earlier and flipping on the light. He turned to his previous page and began reading more, hoping to find out something that would help him survive his life in this castle.

Stupid castle. It’s all white and stupid and everyone hates me.

Anyways Roxas read a few pages, engrossed in the old book, and continued to read about experiments, lab assistants, betrayal, and ‘darkness of the heart’. Though Roxas was very interested in all of this information, the one thing that interested him most was a small tidbit about the keyblades; and this part he read aloud to himself...

“A visitor from another world soothed my dejected soul...” he began. “A tiny king named Mickey came wielding a legendary key- the infamous ‘keyblade’” after saying this, the brilliant weapon materialized in his hand, hanging lightly from his fingertips. This cause Roxas to jump up, and, out of frustration, throw it across the room where it landed upon his bed. Except, it didn’t stay there long, for almost immediately it appeared as it had before, in the palm of his trembling hand. He sat back down and laid it on the table, examining it with curiosity and confusion. It’s handle was golden and its base was a shining silver as was its tip. It seemed a simple enough weapon and not at all hard to carry or handle, it just made Roxas mad that he knew nothing of it, or himself for that matter, and everyone else seemed to.

So why won’t anyone tell me anything?!

Roxas sighed and turned back to his book and continued reading from where he left off, his keyblade disappearing from his hand.

“The...” Roxas stopped as he was about to say ‘keyblade’ once again. “...is said to bring both chaos and prosperity to the worlds.”

Well that’s nice to know.

He pushed himself away from the table and sat back down on his bed, his head in his hands.

“Why is this happening to me?” he said quietly, laying down upon the mattress, his head in the pillow.

“Because, Roxas.” a soft voice said from beside him, almost a whisper in his ear. “You are the one.” He sat up again and looked around to quickly find himself staring face to face with...

“Namine?” he said softly. The girl stood before him, pale as the walls all around the castle. She smiled and nodded at him, walking over to sit next to him on the bed.

“What do you mean, ‘the one’?” he said, looking at her trying hard to make his eyes gentle and not so tired. She looked at her hands and then looked into his eyes, hers filling up with tears.

Is she going to cry?

“Roxas, I really need your help.” she started. “Marluxia is going to make me do something terrible, something I don’t want to do. You have to do something!” she lowered her head so that the three silver tears that fell from her eyes would not land on her face. Roxas watched momentarily at the droplets that absorbed into her pure white dress, leaving a greyed spot where they fell.

“What? What is he going to make you do?” he said as calming as he could. She looked into his eyes and then back down at the floor; her entire body seemed to be shaking.

“I can’t tell you. You’ll hate me if I do.” Roxas shook his head but his mouth was too dry to speak. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. If they hadn’t been nobodies and numb of all feeling, he would have been able to feel the chill of her skin and she, the warmth of his. For a long time, they sat like this until finally Roxas said,

“I would never hurt you like that, Namine.”

She looked up from their embrace and smiled at him slightly.

“I know...” she paused, moving her eyes away from his. “But Sora wouldn’t either.” this last part was softer even than the softest whisper.

“What?” Roxas said.

“I’m sorry, Roxas. I shouldn’t have come to you, not like this.” she stood up quickly and said. “Not while you’re dreaming...”

Roxas sat up suddenly, awaking from his dream and looking around wildly. There was no one. The journal sat, forgotten upon the table, and Roxas rubbed his eyes.

Was it all just a dream? ‘Not while you’re dreaming’ But still...it didn’t feel like one...

He wondered what time it was and how long he’d been sleeping. Though his question didn’t go unanswered for too long because suddenly there was a knock on the door. Roxas ran to the journal and hid it away once more under his bed. He then turned around to see Axel coming down the stairs again a tired look in his eyes but and excited one all the same.

“Get up and let’s go. I have to show you something.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Hey, where’d you find this place?” Roxas said aloud. They had arrived in a large room and his voice echoed off the high ceiling. The room wasn’t white, but instead was a multitude of dark colors. The floor was hard but the tile was a dark grey while the walls were designed with an assortment of silvery patterns all wrapping and twisting around the room like vines. The walls themselves were a dark plum and there were four white columns, one at each corner of the room, to hold up the roof. There was no furniture and only one exit which was also the doorway they were standing in. Axel turned around and smiled, an evil grin in his eyes.

“Just an old room. It’s not important. Half of this castle hasn’t been explored anyways. It just showed up one day and we were dispatched on Xemnas’s orders. So...” he walked over to the end of the room. “It’s free for us to train.” he smiled at Roxas, his body engulfing itself in fire. Roxas’s keyblade materialized in his hand as Axel summoned his weapons and blocked the exit with a black flame. Axel charged at Roxas and they locked weapons once or twice. Roxas fell to the ground the first time but stood up immediately after noticing Axel’s unrelenting attitude.

They continued in a deadly dance with one another all around the room, Axel sending arrows of fire towards him and Roxas dodging or reflecting them with his keyblade. Axel was enjoying himself immensely, laughing each time his fire blasts nearly missed Roxas and saying things like, “Aww, come one! That one was easy!” or, “I’m not even trying!” And, I would tell you that Roxas was miserable during his training, counting every minute until it was over, but, surprisingly enough, this wasn’t true. In fact, he couldn’t remember ever having this much fun. His entire body was drenched in sweat, not knowing if it was from the hot intensity from the fire all around him or the nervousness he felt every time he was nearly baked. After two consecutive hours of this, Axel let the flames die and collapsed upon the ground, laughing uncontrollably. Roxas did the same and soon they were both out of breath from their hysterics.

“I think that was pretty good! Don’t you?” Axel said finally, standing up.

“Yeah!” Roxas said looking up at him.

“Tomorrow we’re gonna practice offensive technics instead of defensive.”

“Ok, just as long as you give me fair warning next time.” Axel waved his hand as if to disregard the comment.

“You’re no fun!” They began walking out the door together. Axel lead Roxas back to his room and unlocked the door. Suddenly, a thought hit Roxas and he looked at him with intense eyes.

“What?” he said when he noticed Roxas’s glare.

“Did you give Namine that note?”

“Yeah, I did. Why?”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“What did she say?!”

“She couldn’t say anything.”

“What? Why?”

“ I had to slip it to her while Marluxia and Larxene were in there.”

“Oh...” Roxas said in a slightly disappointed tone. “That’s cool. No problem.” Axel looked at him and cocked his head to the side. His eyes lit up and he grinned at Roxas.

“You like her don’t you?” Axel jabbed his finger into Roxas’s shoulder, pushing him a little. If Roxas could have, he might have blushed, but he shook his head just the same.

“No. I was just wondering, that’s all. I worry about her sometimes, I guess.” Axel rolled his eyes as Roxas shrugged a little and turned around to descend the stairs.

“Whatever.”

Ok guys! Not much of a Namine scene this time but a little more in depth look of how I think Roxas and Axel’s friendship was. I know, corny. I’m not a guy so I can’t really act out ‘guy scenes’ without making them seem a little gay. Sorry! Anyways, I hope you guys liked it and I really hope you’ll review: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back