• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

...wtf? Nomura is an IDIOT.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
thats weird considering how many ppl believed vanitas was the evil 1. lol. thats fnny

I think MX was a lot more evil since he created vanitas, told him what to do, and planned to take terra's body after killing Eraqus

Now that's bad my friend

Z

Zulkir

Alright, Loke disproved himself, it's confirmed now that there is NO indication that Heartless or Nobodies didn't exist, here's the proof.

---Are there new enemies you can confirm that are not shown in the screens?
Nomura: The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody, because the story takes place before even they appear. I can only give out more information, little by little, as time passes: an example being like the Shadow enemies that are heartless, and the Dusk enemies that are nobodies.

They did not appear, the only time they were seen was when MX forcibly summoned them out, and in the realm of darkness, therefore what Nomura said stands, they existed, but did not appear.

I recant what I said about Nomura retconning his earlier statement, the "Heartless didn't exist at the time" was our own misunderstanding of what he said.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
And, again, you assume them to be Heartless. There is nothing to say that they are actually Heartless (as in the current Heartless).

Okay, you seriously need to stop that.
Not only is it annoying, it makes you look stupid and immature, the former probably being true. =/

Except you knwo.... they look EXACTLY like heartless. But you what lets just completely ignore that fact.

No. its my catchphrase DEAL WITH IT. BOO YAA!!!!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Alright, Loke disproved himself, it's confirmed now that there is NO indication that Heartless or Nobodies didn't exist, here's the proof.

---Are there new enemies you can confirm that are not shown in the screens?
Nomura: The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody, because the story takes place before even they appear. I can only give out more information, little by little, as time passes: an example being like the Shadow enemies that are heartless, and the Dusk enemies that are nobodies.

They did not appear, the only time they were seen was when MX forcibly summoned them out, and in the realm of darkness, therefore what Nomura said stands, they existed, but did not appear.

I recant what I said about Nomura retconning his earlier statement, the "Heartless didn't exist at the time" was our own misunderstanding of what he said.

Finally, okay at no point did Nomura say they didn't exist, he said they didn't appear which is not the same.

And as I pointed out the heartless are shown before and after the story but during the story therefore Nomura is not a liar.

Therefore this debate is over.

Eternal_Sleep

Oooh, nice :D

Oh! And:
"The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody, because the story takes place before even they appear"
You know, gaiz, this line right here can be looked on in two ways. One way is the way that Samhain says it means - Nomura lied - or how others like myself see it - that Nomura meant before they appear in KH.

What?! Dude, Appearing and Existing are two different things. Sure. Appearing has meanings that are more than one, but if Nomura wanted to say that BBS takes place before Heartless existed, he would have Existed rather than Appear

has anyone considered that it may not be an EXACT translation? the fact of the matter is there are lots of words that have multiple meanings or multiple words that describe the same thing. if that wasn't true the thesaurus would be a tiny tiny book. frankly the heartless most certainly do not play an important role in the story and the point of the answer was that he wanted to stress that the unversed are neither heartless or nobody.

besides the scene where the neoshadows appear may be something he thought of after this interview. he can't be expected to have a press conference everytime he changes his mind about a small detail. it would seriously hamper the creative process if he was forced to do so.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Finally, okay at no point did Nomura say they didn't exist, he said they didn't appear which is not the same.

And as I pointed out the heartless are shown before and after the story but during the story therefore Nomura is not a liar.

this game did take a while to make so i don't think he would let something like that pass him by

Samhain

Bronze Member

but again existing and appearing can mean the same thing

"to come into existance"

it has different meanings to appear. it can mean that or to come into existance.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Except you knwo.... they look EXACTLY like heartless. But you what lets just completely ignore that fact.

AGAIN, I am not ignoring the fact that they look exactly alike. What you appear to be ignoring, however, is that we do not know if they are exactly alike, as in if they are created the same way.

Memory Master said:

Hardly. Nomura said the story took place before they appeared. If they appeared before the story, then something isn't right.

edtheiii

I'm gonna go with fishman and say we don't know exactly what Nomura means every time he says something.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
but again existing and appearing can mean the same thing

"to come into existance"

it has different meanings to appear. it can mean that or to come into existance.

Well in this case they don't mean the same thing obviously. You only assume they do in this situation.

AGAIN, I am not ignoring the fact that they look exactly alike. What you appear to be ignoring, however, is that we do not know if they are exactly alike, as in if they are created the same way.

Hardly. Nomura said the story took place before they appeared. If they appeared before the story, then something isn't right.

He could have meant before they appear as enemies like they are in KH1 and KH2.

SRB2Unleashed

Nomura lied. Get over it, what do you want the series to end now? I'm more concerned where every body gets the Org. XIII Jackets. And are the Moogles part of the Organization? Days make it seem like it.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Well in this case they don't mean the same thing obviously. You only assume they do in this situation.
you're assuming as well. face it we both have no clue of what 'appearing' on what he really means when he said that. it can be looked at 2 different ways.

Kaiju-Z

... From what I can tell everyone's gone crazy on here... I think everyone's delving too much into what you originally think was said and don't think what he could have meant with his words. And I doubt we will ever get to an agreement about this "plothole" or whatever.

Not unless you learn Japanese and go have a talk with Nomura over that statement.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Hardly. Nomura said the story took place before they appeared. If the appeared before the story, then something isn't right.

Dogwutfacepalmffffuuuabadcharacterdemtits

I give up. You win OmniChaos. Your illogical theory wins.

Kaiju-Z

dogwut.gif
facepalm.gif
ffffuuu.gif
lloyd.gif
aqua2.gif
's at loke13*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back