• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WTD's Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Death Sequence-Riku
kh__dream_drop_distance_end_by_siliconglass-d4a5qg8.png

Riku's upper body anatomy is a bit off. Unless he were doing yoga then the way his arms are arched and his back is curved would be fine, but he isn't. Also his shoulders are too low which makes his arms and back look kinda funky.

paranormal1.jpg

The best reference I can find for now even if it isn't the angle you want. But that is a more natural way for a body to float if people could float in midair. Also the way his belly is protruding from under his vest-shirt, he looks kinda like he is in his first trimester of pregnancy or he ate too much.

Try looking at Riku's game over screens in Re:CoM or Sora & TAV's game over screens. You'll see that their arms hang differently and their backs aren't really arched.

Okay! The good! I love the hair and the colors and the heart!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Love the coloring style, but anatomy is probably your weak point, isn't it?

|Way.To.Dawn|

Riku's upper body anatomy is a bit off. Unless he were doing yoga then the way his arms are arched and his back is curved would be fine, but he isn't. Also his shoulders are too low which makes his arms and back look kinda funky.

paranormal1.jpg

The best reference I can find for now even if it isn't the angle you want. But that is a more natural way for a body to float if people could float in midair. Also the way his belly is protruding from under his vest-shirt, he looks kinda like he is in his first trimester of pregnancy or he ate too much.

Try looking at Riku's game over screens in Re:CoM or Sora & TAV's game over screens. You'll see that their arms hang differently and their backs aren't really arched.

Okay! The good! I love the hair and the colors and the heart!

*face palm* I appreciate your comments, but clearly you missed something in my first post. I'm not looking for critiques, I'm only posting art and I know where my flaws are if any that I feel need to be corrected.

Screenshot2011-09-15at92015PM.png

^ I used this reference for the picture, my anatomy actually isn't that far off from the real thing. Yes he is doing a rather painful yoga-like stretch? I wanted to show that he was in a bit of pain, you can see it on his face. I also added extra large back muscles because I think buffness is cool.

Anyway, there it is :)

Love the coloring style, but anatomy is probably your weak point, isn't it?

Well actually it is one of my strong points, only in this one I was basing it off of that picture you see above, the anatomy actually looks really good-at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*face palm* I appreciate your comments, but clearly you missed something in my first post. I'm not looking for critiques, I'm only posting art and I know where my flaws are if any that I feel need to be corrected.

I know you said that, but an artist can't grow without getting opinions from others. *shrugs*

|Way.To.Dawn|

I know you said that, but an artist can't grow without getting opinions from others. *shrugs*

I thank you for taking the time with all that you did, I partly felt bad because you took the time when I didn't come here with "requirements" for my art-critique is not a necessity! XD

Well all in all if it turns out to be a problem for my future anatomy practices, I will take it into consideration. Till then, stretching arms, V-shaped backs will still have to do. XP

|Way.To.Dawn|

For this new piece, you'll have to go to DA and see it in it's best quality: KH3D DDD: Sora WIP Line Art by *SiliconGlass on deviantART

Thank you all for looking, this is the line art and I'm working on the colored version :)

FYI I am not looking for critiques, I already know my flaws, so please don't try to be some kind of "hero" by giving me a critique as it will not be worth your time doing it when I DON'T WANT ONE! I'll ask if I want one.

If you like it, please just say you do and that's fine :)

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
If you're not here for critique and just want comments, then here we go.

Ugly. I don't like anything you've done so far. Nothing appeals to me at all. Anatomy is definitely not one of your strong points. You'd be in denial if you said you wer- oh wait you did.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It looks kind of... rough. I mean, I know I don't make art or anything, but it just looks rough.

|Way.To.Dawn|

@Toilet Crusher: And you are?

Honey if you're like this around everyone you meet you must be some kind of narcissistic terror, why don't you load your crap over somewhere else hmm?

It looks kind of... rough. I mean, I know I don't make art or anything, but it just looks rough.

Well of course it's rough, it's a sketch lol.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
You wanted nothing but comments right? You wanted to show off your work, correct? If you don't want critique then I'm going to be straight forward and honest with you. I'm going to comment on your work how I see fit.

If all you're looking for are positive comments to boost your ego, go ask your family and friends who know shit all about the visual arts. Otherwise, if you're going to post something and be a pretentious asshole about it then you better learn how to deal bro. I reserve the right to state my opinion, to be treated as an equal and to uphold my own opinions to my liking.

Sound familiar?

|Way.To.Dawn|

You wanted nothing but comments right? You wanted to show off your work, correct? If you don't want critique then I'm going to be straight forward and honest with you.

If all you're looking for are positive comments to boost your ego, go ask your family and friends who know shit all about the visual arts. Otherwise, if you're going to post something and be a pretentious asshole about it then you better learn how to deal bro. I reserve the right to state my opinion, to be treated as an equal and to uphold my own opinions to my liking.

Sound familiar?

Well then I will treat you as an equal, you're a narcissistic terror and I don't appreciate negative comments. You might as well be outright trolling, your opinion sucks.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
And your art sucks. If you're going to talk shit, I'd like to see you out perform me by the way in the arts. Otherwise back up bro.

|Way.To.Dawn|

And your art sucks. If you're going to talk shit, I'd like to see you out perform me by the way in the arts. Otherwise back up bro.

Art is art, your opinion or not and if you can do better well than you're just an inflated egotistical biggot with a fetish for trolling :)

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I agree with Toilet Crusher. Posting a thread with your work and telling people not to critique is insanely redundant.

This really isn't much to be showing off, both in quality and quantity. Do more work and let people tell you what they think so you can improve. ;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Art is art, your opinion or not and if you can do better well than you're just an inflated egotistical biggot with a fetish for trolling :)

You're calling him a bigot for stating his opinion? Sure, he could have said it a little less rude, but you're being disrespectful.

|Way.To.Dawn|

I agree with Toilet Crusher. Posting a thread with your work and telling people not to critique is insanely redundant.

This really isn't much to be showing off, both in quality and quantity. Do more work and let people tell you what they think so you can improve. ;)

Everywhere else I go, and I've been practically anywhere I can think of, I've been treated with respect as "equal" on a forum with at least a positive remark. I didn't come here to be critiqued, I came to show off my stuff not to have critiques. Art is also to be appreciated, if I'm ONLY going to get critiques I'll just leave and take my stuff elsewhere.

What Toilet Crusher said was disrespectful and POINTless, there's no way that kind of behavior would ever be accepted on DA:

If you're not here for critique and just want comments, then here we go.

Ugly. I don't like anything you've done so far. Nothing appeals to me at all. Anatomy is definitely not one of your strong points. You'd be in denial if you said you wer- oh wait you did.

^ Honestly Toilet Crusher, what is your problem? I've never met you before and you treat me like this?

Awards
Dawn, we aren't here to kiss your ass. If you don't want people to say anything about your art, don't post it here.

Calling people bigoted and trollers for not liking your art is ridiculous.

If all you want is comments to fluff your ego, this is not the place. I can sympathize with your viewpoint, but the members here are obviously much more enveloped in structure and design than you are.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Seriously what are you looking for here? You say you don't want critique but comments and then when someone gives you a comment you say it's negative and you want positive comments. Make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back