• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Write A Really Short Story In 100 Words Or Less

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Words: 100
---
On a dusk-lit hil, the couple sat and watched. If one were to see what they saw, one would not have stayed, yet the two knew nothing of the world, so they just sat and stared stuck in shock.

The monsters took their friends and neighbors, who all died in agony in a far away place. The monsters had flown from the West and sought all within the couple's homeland. None could merely escape; kill or be killed, and a few fought back. And they were all killed on sight. How were any of them to know such was a godsend?
---
Wrote this while listening to Sara Bareilles' "Breathe Again," and I'm not sure if I like it. /le shrugs

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
And on that King Beast declared the punishment for their frowns would fit the crime. In a dog-eat-dog kingdom (literally) there was no time for poetic nonsense. No time for depression. No time for heartbreak. If you were killed, you were not killed softly and subtly then suddenly, in the most painful way possible. No, you just die and that was it. And so when she died, they wrapped me up slowly like a goddamn mummy. Then they took me down to town and gave me the tour of everywhere I'd ever been but in that moment, they took their magic stuff to make it look more beautiful than it ever did in my life. I was still crying when they hanged me by the neck on the old willow tree. I only started smiling when the children with sticks and a solitary blindfold came. Life is so beautiful.

148 words. I wondered over where pinatas came from because I was sad. Then this happened.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
A short story starring Bobert Billiamson, star of dat story in my writing thread. Exactly 100 words, too!

One day, Bobert was walking through his ship, trying to find some food. He had just awoken with the oddest craving for something warm and filling. He had no idea what it would be, just that it would be delicious. He searched in the dining area; nothing. He looked in the freezer; all he found in there were frozen peas and a giant dragon. He wondered where it came from for a second, then shrugged it off. He searched his dorm; right there was some instant macaroni and cheese. Delighted, he prepared it, seasoned it, and loved it. Mission accomplished.

luna008

story:questions. 100 words

If i only lived for another hour, what would i do? could i do everything i wanted to do in that one hour? Could i say my goodbyes, could i say what i needed? could i go where i wanted to, or stay cooped up in one place? would i see my demise comeing from far away or would it hit me from my blindside. who will be the one to do it, fate, my fellow man, or will it be me? will their be people that are sad, or just not careing that i am forever gone. well, who really knows?

Awards
Story: Coloring Words: 91
Naminé hated the white all around her. Her little white dress, in her little white room, with the white pot full of white flowers, on her white table. Still, as she sat there she remembered the flashes of black, and was sure that wasn't what she wanted either.

She looked through her old sketchbook and pulled out one of the pictures she'd drawn to hang them on her walls. If she was going to be here for a while to fix Sora’s memories, she planned on adding some color, at least.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
The king of Faerie, Oberon, looked forward in shock. The realm had been overrun by the underlings of Lucifer as Constantine chased after Beelzebub for stealing Morpheus's dream pouch. The Dream lord could only sigh and shake his head in disappointment as his sister Death laughed on the ground at the revelry, clutching at her stomach.

Did Constantine really need to open that portal? Who in all of Faerie could possibly have helped him in Hell? Not even fair Titania could magick up anything to wrest the pouch from the Lord of Flies.

Then Hecate showed up and kicked ass.

Light

faster than
Awards
The sky rent, and out they tumbled. The Fallen crashed towards the Earth, a thousand incandescent crystals exploding in brilliant ethereal light as they leaked. Once angels, now demons, the earthly air warping their flesh into horrible contortions. It was incredible what could happen even to the divine on the eternal’s whim.

The Fallen came, wild and wicked sin, poisoning what was a beautiful realm of purity. Death came rampant, and Tragedy spread her hands about Eden, perfect and pristine unto itself, nestled below Heaven – but man could only smile, for now he knew: there was a way Up.

Awards
Fireflies

I drifted across the deep blue lake admiring the stars. A moonless night, they were the only things brightening the sky. Reaching the shore, I stepped out of my boat and into the reeds. Immediately, a thousand fireflies took flight and filled the sky with their soft green glow. They danced around me, kissing my cheek and rustling my hair. I smiled with awe, taking in the beauty. Then I took my jar and gathered a few fireflies. Now my room would always be bright.

Last edited:
Awards
Tag

Tag is the best game in the world!.......until you fall and scrape your knees. I ran bawling to mommy. She scooped me up and carried me inside. I sniffled into her shirt as she cradled me. She placed me on her bed and left. She came back and put something on the scrapes that really hurt. Tears came, but she told me to be strong, so I held them back. She put bandaids on my knees and kissed them to make them feel better. I got up and forgot all about my knees as I ran outside to join my friends for tag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to capture the childhood innocence of getting hurt, crying your head off, and then being fine as you ran off to play. This as well as the motherly love and how she cares for her children. It was hard because I was like 20 words over with weak writing. So I had to cut back a lot. I think I'm still over but, ah well.

Awards
Wings

I peered down the precipice, gulping as the terrifying dizziness of the height hit me. I scrambled back from the edge and glanced at my flying instructor. He sure picked a tough first lesson.

"Go on," he encouraged .

I couldn't. "What if I fall?" I questioned with a trembling lip.

"Oh, but my darling," he replied, " what if you fly! "

I stood at the edge. I opened my wings. I dived.

And I soared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one was inspired by the quote "What if I fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly! " by Erin Hanson.

Gambler

"Memory of the Dark"

---

From this dark hole I sit, staring towards the faint light in the sky.
How queer that there would be such a light above, despite the dark.
Gazing in awe, eventually standing as I kept my mouth agape in awe.
I wondered and wandered in this pit for an answer.
An answer to explain that light amidst the starless, black sky.

---​

Based on a dream I once had during some rough times in my life.

Last edited:
Awards
Stars

Emma carted her bag across the field. Through the closed flap a brilliant light filtered through. Once she reached the center of the field, Emma paused for a breath and then moved to set up the ladder waiting for her there. She scaled to the top, reaching the sky it seemed. Gingerly, she lifted the flap of her bag to reveal dozens of glowing stars. Picking one up, she placed it back into the sky where it belonged before it had fallen to earth. Gathering and returning shooting stars was Emma's job, and she never got tired of it!

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
When talking about races it was often argued that there was only one race. The human race; passive aggression said otherwise in the face genocides of those deemed inferior to another. Aged were those arguments of genocide, fast forward to the present day where slavery exists on other continents, palestinians and the israeli are still locked in heated conflict 70 years to date. Minorities in the US come under fire even in their own backyards, weaponless, but probable cause and suspicion is enough to put a bullet through a body today. Unfortunately, this is the world we know today. Shame.

100 words. Cheers.

sakithesecond

"I love you," he whispered, looking her in the eye as he dropped the lit match to the floor, "And I always will."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back