• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wooden Sword?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Shadow Heartless being pure Heartless on Destiny Islands doesn't hold since you could fight them too in HB with the wooden sword :X
I go with Cissy on the issue that Sora wasn't strong enough on DI but by the time they reached HB, he was strong enough to deal damage even with the wooden sword, albeit an irrelevant amount of it.

captain

Bronze Member
You can attack them in Hollow Bastion.
No idea why you can't in Destiny Islands. Game mechanics, plot holes, whatever you want to call it.

Inexperianced in magic on DI, Sora had nothing behind his attack on the Heartless. With the Keyblade, its own power backs it up. But on Hollow Bastion, Sora has become skilled in magic that backs up his attacks, even with a wooden sword.

A

Azrael

I guess because Sora's heart was not strong enough so wielding any weapon wouldn't have changed the difference.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
I dunno. You can attack them in Hollow Bastion, but not on Destiny Islands. I think the Destiny Islands one was trying to be relevant to the story, making the keyblade the only thing to release hearts. In Hollow Bastion it was probably becuase the Heartless were really strong, but even then you did little damage.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Wooden play sword like his didn't really seem qualified as a weapon IMO.
Also sorta since Sora was wielding a "toy" and then picking it up after using the KK, he got more strength to put some more strength into it or something. Meh.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Maybe because it didn't matter about the weapon he was wielding, it was about the power of his heart. In the begining he had no power,but as he met new people his heart grew stronger. He was determined to get to Riku and Kairi no matter what. Or something mushy like that IDK

tokilin

Website
www.myminiemo.piczo.com
i was reading about key blades on the main page(i know there ARE people that do that)and according to it it says the key balde has the power to free hearts or something like that and arn't heartlessjust dark hearts? now don't get me wrong here but i don't think a wooden sword can do that...if it can i better go beat my sis with one she is PURE evil...lol

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
You know, I've been wondering that myself. It doesn't add up that the Keyblade is the only weapon capable of releasing captive hearts. Then again, not much of the game actually makes any solid sense. Most of the time they state one thing and later on in the game a character performs an act in direct contradiction to an earlier statement. I'm not sure but, my theory is that It isn't the weapon at all, it's the weilder. The keyblade/Key chain itself acts as a conduit for the ability not the other way around. I don't know, most of this is just speculation anyway. :3

As for the Wooden sword issue......I have no idea. When I used it in the beginning I had no problem and I was already on lvl23 before the second day sooo yeah. So again I don't think the weapon really matters. Later on when Riku steals the Keyblade it does become difficult though only if your stats suck. You CAN attack heartless but, basically it's the equivalent of smacking a boulder with a stick of gum. It's a piece of wood, it won't do as much damage as a real weapon. On Destiny Islands in the beginning no, you can't attack anything. That's because the plot needed to be moved forward. Basically there had to be some reason that Sora would need to acquire the Keyblade. I'm privy to thinking that the reason why the wooden sword seems so weak later on in the game is because you've been wielding a high powered weapon for the past 30+ hours. So in comparison, it's a piece of shit.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Everything can kill them.
Only the Keyblade could properly purify the Hearts from the Darkness.
Think what Kairi did for Sora when he was a Heartless - she turned him back into a human; Donald could only bonk him on the head.
Same concept only instead of being hugged by a Princess of Heart as opposed to being clonked on the head by a duck, the Heartless get slain by a Keyblade instead of Goofy's shield.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
ya know the funny thing about the sword is that when ur stuck with it in hollow Bastion u can still use magic XD

Because Magic isn't Keyblade-dependent. Merlin uses it just fine, and he doesn't have a Keyblade. Donald uses it just fine - and he was the one that gave Sora magic to begin with, let me remind you; the Keyblade doesn't mean instant magic.

Qarx

I lost intrest in reading all these posts, and desided to say what I thought, even if someone else already said it. Sorry.
Sora's attack strengh increases when holding the Keyblade, and when he had the sword, he basically had an attack strengh based off of his "base" power. That's why magic still works, so...
That's my theory. It might be wrong, so I won't be surrised if someone corrects me.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
I lost intrest in reading all these posts, and desided to say what I thought, even if someone else already said it. Sorry.
Sora's attack strengh increases when holding the Keyblade, and when he had the sword, he basically had an attack strengh based off of his "base" power. That's why magic still works, so...
That's my theory. It might be wrong, so I won't be surrised if someone corrects me.

You need to read the posts Qarx. There's always someone out there that will mock you without just reason. Yes, for something as petty as restating something that has already been stated. :3

Actually, in KHII it was stated why he could do magic without his keyblade although it was an indirect comment. Remember the 3 good fairies? They gave him magical pants! 8D (I'm serious, his clothes had magic attributes.)

In RE:CoM it was stated by Marluxia in the beginning of the game that they had "forgotten" all of their magic, when Donald tried casting spells on him and couldn't. So maybe it has nothing to do with anything they wield and it's all mental, or some Jedi crap like that. :S

>.> Don't know why I didn't remember that sooner.

Also, this

Or the fact that a chunk of wood will kill nothing.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
It totally could.

Not in Kingdom Hearts.....then again, you stab a monster in the eye with it or if it was big enough(like a Skateboard maybe) you could just bash an enemy over the head..........Well uh that was incredibly random and violent.................Yay violence! 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back