• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will you be getting the Japanese version of KH2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The convenient thing is that the PS3 isn't region-locked, so you can play any game from any region on your console! As for patch, there really isn't a need for it considering you can just wait for the English copy to come out. Both copies will have the same content anyway, haha.

davidXIIIaxel

The convenient thing is that the PS3 isn't region-locked, so you can play any game from any region on your console! As for patch, there really isn't a need for it considering you can just wait for the English copy to come out. Both copies will have the same content anyway, haha.
haha well thats very true. well i never thought about it because i have another game that has japanese dub and english subs. but i'll talk about that somewhere else lol. :)

MegaCore5

Awards
Haha, I only know Hiragana, so it hardly ever helps me XD
I know hiragana, katakana, and am still working on my kanji (which is the hardest one to learn). I pick up on a few of the more simple words when they are spoke in japenese but otherwise the more complex words/ and grammar throw me off.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I would love to buy one of the Collector's Editions of 2.5, but honestly it isn't going to happen. I have other games I'd rather buy right now with the English version coming out later this year (plus once I got the English version, the Japanese one would go unplayed for eternity :/)

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
My first step out of the Chi section!

On topic, for games that I am crazy about, I tend to buy both Japanese and English versions. Though the latter I tend to buy the standard editions. Half of the time I do not have the time to play the alternate version so I usually keep it wrapped. And if I know I have to time for it and still wanna buy, I will wait for a sale.

davidXIIIaxel

If I do get a JP version, it'll be because of the collector's edition. Apparently KH2 isn't even hard to play through in JP if you're fairly familiar with English, and I watch a lot of JP gameplay anyway. Heck, I learned a little Katakana so I can recognize a bunch of characters.
i think when i have the money i will. but in the mean time i'll just wait.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If I do get a JP version, it'll be because of the collector's edition. Apparently KH2 isn't even hard to play through in JP if you're fairly familiar with English, and I watch a lot of JP gameplay anyway. Heck, I learned a little Katakana so I can recognize a bunch of characters.
I was able to get through KHFM in Japanese because I had memorised how to play through KH so I always knew where to go.

Hell yes I'm importing the Japanese version. The remasters are a special occasion for me, and I'm a pretty big fan of the Japanese dub as well. I'll also be purchasing the Memorial Ultimania that releases on the same day, so October will be an odd spending month for me, who usually won't go out of the way to purchase items that I just want​.
You're always providing the best translations for the members, and legally too!

so with it how are you going to play? do you need a japanese ps3 to play or because its imported you can use the regular ps3? also do you understand it well enough to play? or is there a way to patch it so that the subs are english? because i also love the original japanese dub. but dont get me wrong i love the english dub as well, i think they chose some good voice actors for the game. :)
There was a way that people were able to go into FFXHD and bring out English subtitles but I doubt you can do that for 2.5.

I also hope they adopt what Lightning Returns did and have the Japanese save file work with the English game.

davidXIIIaxel

I was able to get through KHFM in Japanese because I had memorised how to play through KH so I always knew where to go.

You're always providing the best translations for the members, and legally too!

There was a way that people were able to go into FFXHD and bring out English subtitles but I doubt you can do that for 2.5.

I also hope they adopt what Lightning Returns did and have the Japanese save file work with the English game.
yeah i love lightning returns. but i already know a little bit of japanese megacore. i took classes. i used to do subs cracks where you try to make it to english subs but keep the japanese dub. it was alot of fun but then i stopped for a year and a half. so im a little rusty. :/

MegaCore5

Awards
The box art and merchandise for the Japanese version of this game is more at at the aesthetically pleasing to me. Did Japan also get a kingdom hearts pin and if they pre-ordered that limited addition?

davidXIIIaxel

The box art and merchandise for the Japanese version of this game is more at at the aesthetically pleasing to me. Did Japan also get a kingdom hearts pin and if they pre-ordered that limited addition?
no they did not. because they got better things the pin is an exclusive for the us.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Japan's preorder bonus is a custom PS3 theme.

Max

Staff member
Awards
no they did not. because they got better things the pin is an exclusive for the us.

Fuck yeah! Eat it Japan!

I remember it was mentioned that in a Q&A or something, someone was like "Maybe we can make a peekaboo door for your pin!" And All I could think was "Please God, give us a peekaboo door that makes the case slightly larger so it matches 1.5 in size"

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Japan's preorder bonus is a custom PS3 theme.

As well as a serial code that entitles you to get a certain card for Chi, which evidently has a bigger market in the country. I guess that would be their equivalent of the pin that will come with the pre-ordered English copy of the game.

I believe it was also said somewhere here on the forums that it's because the pin trading community is huge in the US and UK that they went with a pin?

davidXIIIaxel

diddly yeah! Eat it Japan!

I remember it was mentioned that in a Q&A or something, someone was like "Maybe we can make a peekaboo door for your pin!" And All I could think was "Please God, give us a peekaboo door that makes the case slightly larger so it matches 1.5 in size"
lol that'll be the day. haha

Max

Staff member
Awards
lol that'll be the day. haha

I can always believe. I WILL always believe.

You know, that Limit Form Sora figure would be pretty sweet as well. That is honestly probably the best reason to import a CE from Japan if they never release it as an individual

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
yeah i love lightning returns. but i already know a little bit of japanese megacore. i took classes. i used to do subs cracks where you try to make it to english subs but keep the japanese dub. it was alot of fun but then i stopped for a year and a half. so im a little rusty. :/
The english subtitles were already in the game, they just brought the subtitles out. Which was weird considering that they held the English game back for 3 months.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You know, that Limit Form Sora figure would be pretty sweet as well. That is honestly probably the best reason to import a CE from Japan if they never release it as an individual
That figure added an extra $110 to the price tag when I was looking at getting it. I decided not to sink over $200 into a Japanese edition and instead went with the $100 option :p

i never understood that though. why would they do that?
They had Bravely Default, Lightning Returns, and Thief releasing in February, so they probably thought "might just release it in March".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back