• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wicca and Witchcraft {Your opinions and beliefs} (no bashing please)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
I have my beliefs, which some of you know, but for those who don't, I'm a Witch. I practice Wicca and Witchcraft. This is also for those who are curious about it and have questions, I just really don't want anyone bashing my beliefs and those of other Witches on the site. Please, let me know what you think!

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
A couple years ago, I tried this to fit in with some of my other friends. Including a girl that I really wanted to impress who was into Wicca. We'd go out into graveyards and other places searching for these orbs that were supposedly spirits. I never really experienced anything that would give the religion any credit.

Then again, from what I read, these friends of mine were doing a lot of the stuff all wrong. But I still have a lot of friends who practice it, so I respect the Wicca I guess. :/

Aliahya

Bronze Member
I think many people misunderstand it as throughout history it has been associated with "bad/different things." In my belief i accept it as another form of self expression. I neither fear it nor follow it, yet i am quite curious of it as it is different from the five major religions of the common era (christianity, hindu, buddism, jewish and islam). My personal belief also is that being a witch should not be bashed, offended, or anything of the sort. as it is exactly the same as a Christian following their faith.

Correct me if im wrong please, but please do not offend me or anyone else for their own opinion or belief

αsiя

space coke
Isnt Wicca "good"
Like doesnt it help you with your sins or demons and all that
Im not sure really

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Isnt Wicca "good"
Im not sure really

People who hear the word "wiccan" or "witch" and automatically assocate it with black magic or evil, due to negative sterotypes. People judge before they know and unfortunatly it still happens in the 21st century

Aliahya

Bronze Member
lol, i did, but i answered without a yes or no. i just said it is thought of to be bad, but it isnt.

Sins are a direct link from the old testement do u mean morals?

But if im not mistaken it can be allowed for a purification or protection ,eg penagram, of the soul so i guess it does help from protecting against demons and other "bad stuff"

please correct me if im wrong though, and i apologise if my previous answer wasnt exactly clear

Amalthea

Isnt Wicca "good"
Im not sure really

Basically, yes. The Wiccan Rede (law) states "An ye harm none, do as ye will." Another part of the religion is the Three-Fold law, which says that any energy you send out, neagative or positive, will come back to you three times. So really, there are consequences for doing harm to others.

αsiя

space coke
Aliahya said:
ol, i did, but i answered without a yes or no. i just said it is thought of to be bad, but it isnt.
No you just told me what people thought about it not what it really is

Azia said:
Basically, yes. The Wiccan Rede (law) states "An ye harm none, do as ye will." Another part of the religion is the Three-Fold law, which says that any energy you send out, neagative or positive, will come back to you three times. So really, there are consequences for doing harm to others.
Oh ok thanks

Amalthea

No you just told me what people thought about it not what it really is

Oh ok thanks

Ali was kinda right. Everyone I used to know always thought Wicca and Witchcraft was Satan-worship. There really is no Satan in the Craft. We don't even believe in one all-evil being. Nor do we believe in a Hell.

αsiя

space coke
I know what the general public thinks about it
I know people who's into it but I never bother to ask
I was just asking if it was good from a presonal expierence

Amalthea

Definitely good. Not only is it not evil, but it really does help with everyday problems.

Now there are those Witches who abuse the powers our Goddess gave us, but they'll get whatever they sent out back times three, so...yeah...it's really a scary thought, honestly.

State

Awards
So do witches have an specific fashion of clothing like "these things are restricted to be worn"? Is the classic pointy-black hat a witch "uniform"?

Amalthea

So do witches have an specific fashion of clothing like "these things are restricted to be worn"? Is the classic pointy-black hat a witch "uniform"?

Not really. Some Witches go skyclad (nude) for rituals, and other wear robes, but no, there really isn't any specific fashion. We can pretty much wear what we want. I mean, some have different styles than others. Most of the witches I know just look like normal people.

State

Awards
Not really. Some Witches go skyclad (nude) for rituals, and other wear robes, but no, there really isn't any specific fashion. We can pretty much wear what we want. I mean, some have different styles than others. Most of the witches I know just look like normal people.

Okay.
So have you met any "victims" of misusing their powers? If so, do effects var from physical to mental?

Amalthea

Okay.
So have you met any "victims" of misusing their powers? If so, do effects var from physical to mental?

No, I haven't presonally, but I've heard stories and such. The effects are different for each person, so there's really no telling what could really happen to someone, but usually it's directly related to whatever negative spirits or energies they sent out.

ReverseUnversed

I think society is too shallow toward the Wiccans. Why? Because of the pentagram. Yes. 1968. When the Church of Satan was founded, the Wiccans began being mistaken for Satanists... that's shallow. Wicca has beliefs based on nature, and I admire it. But still, I'm not a practitioner of any religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back