• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why people wield keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedairyfairy

Okay, once I finished playing Birth By Sleep, I thought the whole situation with why Sora, Riku and Kairi can weild Keyblades was completely sorted out. But the more I think about Sora, the more confused I get. So tell me if I'm correct here.

Sora, because of Ven's heart, can use Ven's keyblade. So, he can dual wield the keyblade that chose him in KH1, and Ven's keyblade. Correct?

So, when Roxas is born, he uses Sora's keyblade? and Xion uses Ven's? so when Xion dies Roxas can use Sora and Ven's, and when Sora absorbs Roxas, he can use his and Ven's again?

I'm so damn confused about this. Somebody care to correct me/tell me what the hell is going on?

Allister Rose

French Lover
no...sora was able to wield his own keyblade due to the keyblade choosing him.

xion uses a fake keyblade but with real abbilities (let's not ask any more questions on this subject, it was confirmed in the ultimania, not even i know how it works). but when memories were going back into sora, it awakened another keyblade in roxas (ventus)

roxas can dual wield because he uses both ven's and sora's keyblade (due to the hearts).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sora, because of Ven's heart, can use Ven's keyblade. So, he can dual wield the keyblade that chose him in KH1, and Ven's keyblade. Correct?

No. Sora didn't inherit anything from Ven. He got the Keyblade on his own.

So, when Roxas is born, he uses Sora's keyblade? and Xion uses Ven's? so when Xion dies Roxas can use Sora and Ven's, and when Sora absorbs Roxas, he can use his and Ven's again?

Yes, Roxas uses Sora's Keyblade, the one he lost during the events of CoM. Xion's Keyblade is fake. When she died and was absorbed into Roxas, heawakened the ability to dual wield and could then use Ven's Keyblade. Likewise, once he merged back with Sora, Sora gained this ability and could use both his own and Ven's Keyblade to dual wield.

kaialone

Sora got the keyblade that was supposed to be Riku´s.When Riku was deemed not worthy to wield it,it chose the next possible candidate.And who would fit that role better than Sora?He already had the heart of a Keyblade wielder inside of him so why not? *cough*nottomentionhesthemaincharacter*cough*

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Sora got the keyblade that was supposed to be Riku´s.When Riku was deemed not worthy to wield it,it chose the next possible candidate.And who would fit that role better than Sora?He already had the heart of a Keyblade wielder inside of him so why not? *cough*nottomentionhesthemaincharacter*cough*

Oddly enough I think they were both gonna get keyblades....Aqua sensed the light in Sora and Terra saw himself in Riku....And since Sora harbored a keyblade wielder in his heart that made it much better..but he didn't have to be chosen by a previous master.....His heart was already connecting with people when he was 5 years old.....I mean he shed a tear for other worlds...and he didn't know why....i think he has been chosen since he was born

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Not that Riku was deemed unworthy of the Kingdom Key, but that Sora's heart proved itself to be stronger than his, and the KK chose him over its original intended wielder. And again, it's not Ven that allowed Sora to wield the Keyblade. There's just something about him that made it possible.

WaveK89

Just for more clarity on my part:

Sora gained the ability on his own, and the keyblade meant for Riku chose Sora to be its wielder.

Terra gave Riku the ability to wield a keyblade. I'm still fuzzy on when Riku gains a keyblade of his own. I assume the Way to Dawn didn't take form until after the explosion because he would only use the Soul Reaper otherwise. Also, did he gain the ability to dual-wield because of darkness of Xehanort's Heartless was still inside him?

While Kairi has the ability to wield a keyblade gained from Aqua unintentionally, Kairi does not have a keyblade of her own.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra gave Riku the ability to wield a keyblade. I'm still fuzzy on when Riku gains a keyblade of his own. I assume the Way to Dawn didn't take form until after the explosion because he would only use the Soul Reaper otherwise.

Didn't he already have Way to Dawn before the explosion?

Also, did he gain the ability to dual-wield because of darkness of Xehanort's Heartless was still inside him?

Because Xehanort's Heartless himself was still inside him. Heartless = heart, so Riku was harboring another heart within him, which happened to be one of a wielder.

While Kairi has the ability to wield a keyblade gained from Aqua unintentionally, Kairi does not have a keyblade of her own.

Yes.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Okay, once I finished playing Birth By Sleep, I thought the whole situation with why Sora, Riku and Kairi can weild Keyblades was completely sorted out. But the more I think about Sora, the more confused I get. So tell me if I'm correct here.

I'm so damn confused about this. Somebody care to correct me/tell me what the hell is going on?
no xions was fake (yet could still release hearts and no we dont know how) when roxas took back the memories she'd absorbed it awakened vens key/heart inside of roxas.

Terra gave Riku the ability to wield a keyblade. I'm still fuzzy on when Riku gains a keyblade of his own. I assume the Way to Dawn didn't take form until after the explosion because he would only use the Soul Reaper otherwise. Also, did he gain the ability to dual-wield because of darkness of Xehanort's Heartless was still inside him?
riku had way to dawn b4 the explosion.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
And again, it's not Ven that allowed Sora to wield the Keyblade.

Ven was the reason Sora was able to wield 2 keyblades. So if Ventus wasn't there, Sora would just be able to use Kingdom Key but because of Ventus being there, Sora is able to duel wield. Same applies to Roxas.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ven was the reason Sora was able to wield 2 keyblades. So if Ventus wasn't there, Sora would just be able to use Kingdom Key but because of Ventus being there, Sora is able to duel wield. Same applies to Roxas.

Yeah, but he's not the reason he could wield in the first place, which is what I meant.

thedairyfairy

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. The whole Xion thing was throwing me off, and I didn't exactly remember what they said about Xion in Days, seeing as it was pretty much crap and I just don't care too much. Thanks a lot for clearing that up errybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back