• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why its called 358/2 days...i think

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanQuattrus

^Maybe it means something else entirely, and Nomura is just counting on the obvious guess of "358+7 = one year" to throw people off.

Awards
meaning they shared life so roxas was living 1 year and sora was sleeping 1 year get it?

No, I don't get it. Roxas was alive for much longer than a year.

He had the time from KH1 to the end of CoM, plus the entire year after that, between CoM and KH2. The CoM event (when the Organization moves to Castle Oblivion) has been confirmed to take place over several months.

So he was at least alive for a year and several months, not 358 days.

Last edited:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
358 = years
2 = sora and roxas
meaning they shared life so roxas was living 1 year and sora was sleeping 1 year get it?

Years!?! You mean Days?! Right. That'd make Roxas 300 something years old!:scared:

UrbanQuattrus

He had the time from KH1 to the end of CoM, plus the entire year after that, between CoM and KH2.

We don't know how much time passed between Sora's becoming a heartless and his defeat of Xehanort's heartless, but given the small amount of story left by this point in the game, it can't be that long.

The CoM event (when the Organization moves to Castle Oblivion) has been confirmed to take place over several months.

Confirmed where? And regardless, CoM begins only a few hours after the end of KH1, and the Organization is obviously already established in Castle Oblivion, meaning if it really did take several months it would have begun before Roxas joined - so this is irrelevant to Roxas's lifespan.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Confirmed where? And regardless, CoM begins only a few hours after the end of KH1, and the Organization is obviously already established in Castle Oblivion, meaning if it really did take several months it would have begun before Roxas joined - so this is irrelevant to Roxas's lifespan.

This is true but Sora was turned into a heartless some time before that.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
The way I see it (and Im not saying that we shouldn't discuss this) Nomura said the title would become clear once we beat the game, or somewhere near the conclusion. Therefore, I dont think its quite guessable with the current information that we have. Thats not to say its not discussable .

UrbanQuattrus

^But as I said, not all that long. Certainly not several months. Sora becomes a heartless, Kairi turns him back into human-form, Sora drops her off at Traverse Town, goes to seal Hollow Bastion, then proceeds to End of the World and kills Xehanort's heartless. That's not a very long chain of events.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
The way I see it (and Im not saying that we shouldn't discuss this) Nomura said the title would become clear once we beat the game, or somewhere near the conclusion. Therefore, I dont think its quite guessable with the current information that we have. Thats not to say its not discussable .

Yeah, Nomura is a master of suspence. We will know what it means when its all said and done.

Awards
We don't know how much time passed between Sora's becoming a heartless and his defeat of Xehanort's heartless, but given the small amount of story left by this point in the game, it can't be that long.
You'd like to think that. But you don't know. Either way, it proves that it was more than 358 days in addition to the next thing I'm about to tell you.

Confirmed where?
Roxas Somewhere in Time said:
It had been a few months since Axel had been called to a place called Castle Oblivion on a mission.
RSiT=canon
But we don't even need RSiT to prove that he was in the Organization before Axel moved to CO. We see Roxas in a cutscene in KH2 with ALL 12 other members in The Place Where Nothing Gathers (ie BEFORE they went to CO).

And regardless, CoM begins only a few hours after the end of KH1,

Uh, confirmed where?

and the Organization is obviously already established in Castle Oblivion, meaning if it really did take several months it would have begun before Roxas joined - so this is irrelevant to Roxas's lifespan.
See above responses.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
No, I don't get it. Roxas was alive for much longer than a year.

He had the time from KH1 to the end of CoM, plus the entire year after that, between CoM and KH2. The CoM event (when the Organization moves to Castle Oblivion) has been confirmed to take place over several months.

So he was at least alive for a year and several months, not 358 days.

Wow. This actually makes a lot of sense. I, and it seems many others, have completely overlooked the KH1 period plus the CoM period adds up to more than just one year. The things that Urban stated in the above post plus the ending of KH1 adds up to quite some time. Even if it's just a single day, it completely throws off the "358 + 7" theory.

EDIT: *Gives Rep*

Awards
Wow. This actually makes a lot of sense. I, and it seems many others, have completely overlooked the KH1 period plus the CoM period adds up to more than just one year. The things that Urban stated in the above post plus the ending of KH1 adds up to quite some time. Even if it's just a single day, it completely throws off the "358 + 7" theory.

And as I said, it isn't just one day, it's at least several months. Roxas was around much longer than that 358 days. If anything, the 358 signifies the days of Sora's sleep up until Roxas is captured, or some process/event that happened during that time

Valamphias

Uh, confirmed where?
The opening scene in CoM is the exact sequence Kingdom Hearts ended on after the credits. Enough time passed for night to fall, and shortly after that Sora 'discovered' CO. So while it may be incorrect to say that CoM started a few hours after KH, we didn't get control of the character again until several hours after Sora kicked Ansem the Fake's ass.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
The opening scene in CoM is the exact sequence Kingdom Hearts ended on after the credits. Enough time passed for night to fall, and shortly after that Sora 'discovered' CO. So while it may be incorrect to say that CoM started a few hours after KH, we didn't get control of the character again until several hours after Sora kicked Ansem the Fake's ass.

Is there any confirmation that the very end of KH1 is the same day as Ansem's defeat?

Awards

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rONK5dG_yBo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rONK5dG_yBo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can you tell me what happens at around 30 seconds in?

Ah. The convenient time lapse.

Just because the two scenes are in conjunction doesn't mean they are confirmed to be within a relatively close time. As far as we know, that night could have taken days, hell, even weeks after the first scene!
That's not to say that the whole scene between KH1 and CoM isn't likely to have taken place in one day, it may have, but it's certainly not confirmed.

Valamphias

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rONK5dG_yBo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>Can you tell me what happens at around 30 seconds in?

Ah. The convenient time lapse.

Just because the two scenes are in conjunction doesn't mean they are confirmed to be within a relatively close time. As far as we know, that night could have taken days, hell, even weeks after the first scene!
That's not to say that the whole scene between KH1 and CoM isn't likely to have taken place in one day, it may have, but it's certainly not confirmed.
Just for the record: I hate convenient time lapses.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I'm still in firm belief that it's 358 days (Roxas in org) over 2 (time Axel and Roxas spent together).

It makes the title incredibly gay in the literal sense, but I find that funny.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Roxas was alive for close to a year. Certainly not several months and a year. Because that would mean that, KH1 ending to Ending of CoM = takes several months to happen. Also RSiT takes place after CoM during the time Sora was asleep.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I have a sort of off topic question. In the CoM vid GA posted, why did Sora and the others chase Pluto? I mean, their didn't seem to be a point and they ran untill, like, 7-8 o'clock, had a lie down and then got up at 2. The only reson was so they could read the letter from Mickey and they didn't even get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back