• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why forget Sora? (Days Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neku's nobody

Hey everybody. just wondering if you could answer my cuestion because im still scratchin my head over why every body else forgot sora in KH2. does it have to do something with Namine's conmrol over sora's memories or Xion dieying and everybody forgeting her and also forgetting sora because Xion is his clone. please tell me

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Why forget Sora?

1) Mark Days spoilers. That isn't common knowledge yet.
2) It has everything to do with Namine's powers. Something we know of in KH2 and that was shown to have already took place not too long into the year of Sora's sleep was that in order for Namine to piece together Sora's Memories properly, she had to delink them in his Heart. Doing so also made everything sharing the Memories with him forget those Memories as well. Hence why until the Memories were restored fully in Sora's Heart once he absorbed Roxas, no one was to remember him.
The only truly debatable case here is Riku who seemed to remember enough to care during the year of sleep, but still not all of it as he said "the haze was clearing" in KH2.
I'd imagine that he forgot along the way, or when Roxas was captured to make sure the Memories were recovered from scratch, or something along those lines.

ssceles

Website
ssceles.deviantart.com

Mmm, I'm wondering the exact specifications as to why Sora was forgotten as well... aside from what the games so far have told us. I mean, Roxas only ever met the digital copies of the Twilight Town kids... and yet they looked at Sora and were confused to whether they had ever met him before - kind of like Sora's memory-friends in Castle Oblivion's card worlds.

Basically put, Coded is a digital copy. If something happens to a digital copy, could it potentially infect the real real world and that's why the bad guys are doing it? It's no longer matter of just forgetting Sora 'as if' he wasn't there. Now its a 'what if' he never succeeded in his KH1 adventure against the false Ansem? *sigh, this was slightly off topic, but wanted to say it anyway* Memories being messed with digitally. Not the same as memories messed with by Namine, but it might cause people in the real world to forget... or the real course of things to change. Which is scary.

So yes, I wish I knew more about why they forgot Sora. Namine may yet still be very important to the plot in regards to Coded. I don't think it has anything to do with Xion not being in the current games because she was forgotten.

ROXAS NOT SORA

Hey everybody. just wondering if you could answer my cuestion because im still scratchin my head over why every body else forgot sora in KH2. does it have to do something with Namine's conmrol over sora's memories or Xion dieying and everybody forgeting her and also forgetting sora because Xion is his clone. please tell me
wow thanks for spoiling days for me

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Mmm, I'm wondering the exact specifications as to why Sora was forgotten as well... aside from what the games so far have told us. I mean, Roxas only ever met the digital copies of the Twilight Town kids... and yet they looked at Sora and were confused to whether they had ever met him before - kind of like Sora's memory-friends in Castle Oblivion's card worlds.

The two cases are different.
1) CoM had physical manifestations of Sora's Memories. He remembered them, so it made sense they remembered him back - while he still remembered remembering them, of course.
2) Digital TLTW however was trickier. Not only were they based on the real deal, hence making for a possible connection, in Days, HPO [b]met[/b] Roxas. Hence it made sense that they would remember Sora going by Roxas - especially seeing how Roxas was inside Sora at the time.

Basically put, Coded is a digital copy. If something happens to a digital copy, could it potentially infect the real real world and that's why the bad guys are doing it? It's no longer matter of just forgetting Sora 'as if' he wasn't there. Now its a 'what if' he never succeeded in his KH1 adventure against the false Ansem? *sigh, this was slightly off topic, but wanted to say it anyway* Memories being messed with digitally. Not the same as memories messed with by Namine, but it might cause people in the real world to forget... or the real course of things to change. Which is scary.

...what? Where are you getting this? o.o;

So yes, I wish I knew more about why they forgot Sora. Namine may yet still be very important to the plot in regards to Coded. I don't think it has anything to do with Xion not being in the current games.

...dude. They explained well enough all around why they forgot Sora. They didn't even explain it in Days - they just repeated it and gave us a better understanding of when it happened, but not why nor how. That was all Namine's doing.
And spoiler tag . Not everyone played Days -_-;;;

~JD~

i thought namine unchanined sora's memory from his heart, but then in KH2 she chained them back togethor, and everyone remembered him at once.

RoxasAi

Yes most of what Smile said is right, but Roxas had nothing to do with every one forgetting sora. once Sora Awaken every one remembered him again.

So to answer the question simple: Namine has the power over Sora's memories and every one who is connected to his heart. In order for her to put back his memories back together(taking out all the fake ones she was force to put in, and give back the real one) she had to take apart ALL of his memories. In do this every one would forget him during the processed.

NOW why did it take a year( days spoiler)
The Org made Xion in order to copy Sora's power from Roxas. Not only was she copying his power but taking Sora's memories as well (through Roxas). Cause of this Namine was unable to place them in to Sora. So she had to wait till the whole Xion thing was dealt with before she could continue with Sora. Play the game

Neku's nobody

NOW why did it take a year( days spoiler)
The Org made Xion in order to copy Sora's power from Roxas. Not only was she copying his power but taking Sora's memories as well (through Roxas). Cause of this Namine was unable to place them in to Sora. So she had to wait till the whole Xion thing was dealt with before she could continue with Sora. Play the game
I have the game, I played the game, I know that part,I now that Namine could not piece back sora's memories because they were inside Xion and that is why xion went to namine so that she could unite xion with Sora I just did not understand why everybody forgot sora in KH2

final_heaven_0

I think of it like this:

Namine needed to place together the EXACT memories of everyone around Sora in the exact place and time he met them (ergo, how "memories" work.)

In doing this process, Namine needed to extract memories of those tied to Sora and place them in the right spot according to Sora's original memories.

Everyone needed to forget (well...have their memories "borrowed" for about a year.) so Sora will remember them correctly like nothing ever happened.

Neku's nobody

I think of it like this:

Namine needed to place together the EXACT memories of everyone around Sora in the exact place and time he met them (ergo, how "memories" work.)

In doing this process, Namine needed to extract memories of those tied to Sora and place them in the right spot according to Sora's original memories.

Everyone needed to forget (well...have their memories "borrowed" for about a year.) so Sora will remember them correctly like nothing ever happened.
That makes a good amount of sense. maybe they remembered the same way roxas remembered in the beginning of KH2

final_heaven_0

That makes a good amount of sense. maybe they remembered the same way roxas remembered in the beginning of KH2

Exactly, and with Sora's memories pretty much in the final stages of completion it was no surprise that Roxas was affected with sudden rushes of memories at times.

Syrax

about carpet(agrabah) recognizing him, i think its more like a dog or a cat, with their batter sense rather than it retaining memories. Since Roxas had the same keyblade and essentially the same power being from sora, carpet would then most likely recognize the "scent" and confuse it with sora.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
about carpet(agrabah) recognizing him, i think its more like a dog or a cat, with their batter sense rather than it retaining memories. Since Roxas had the same keyblade and essentially the same power being from sora, carpet would then most likely recognize the "scent" and confuse it with sora.

that's what i thought but i wasn't too sure especially since you have Genie in the same instance who doesn't recognize Roxas.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes most of what Smile said is right, but Roxas had nothing to do with every one forgetting sora. once Sora Awaken every one remembered him again.

Roxas by then had all of Sora's Memories inside him. While being in the Virtual Twilight Town, the Memories were being rearranged inside of him, being inside of Sora. The fusion let the Memories properly be Sora's again.

I have the game, I played the game, I know that part,I now that Namine could not piece back sora's memories because they were inside Xion and that is why xion went to namine so that she could unite xion with Sora I just did not understand why everybody forgot sora in KH2

That was explained in KH2 itself, actually, and only referenced in Days.

didn't Carpet (Agrabah) recognize Roxas because of his similarity to Sora in 358/2 Days?

if so, i guess it's b/c Carpet isn't actually human so he might not have the same kind of memories.

He didn't recognize Roxas any more than the rest of them did. They all seemed to be familiar with Roxas in one way or another, like Tinkerbell in Neverland who [B]knew[/B] Roxas could fly.
It was pretty much confirmed no one remembered him though.

I think of it like this:

:\ no. That is not how it happened. The Memories are described as links in a chain. That is not only to show how they're arranged inside one's own Heart, but also how they bind people together (hence why BBS is most likely about Memories too, as it deals with the bonds). Delinking it on one end, inside one Heart, would make the other side have nothing to connect to. Tie a rope between two spots and cut one end. The rope falls down and is all but pointless. With nothing to connect to, that Memory is forgotten, albeit still in existence inside the person that Memory belongs to.
Doing so also kept those Memories from interfering with Sora's Memory restoration - a fact stated in-game in KH2 that contradicts what you said.

Exactly, and with Sora's memories pretty much in the final stages of completion it was no surprise that Roxas was affected with sudden rushes of memories at times.

He had the entirety of Sora's Memories inside him, while being inside a virtual world connected to Sora's Memories, while Namine was bringing the work to an end over the Memories INSIDE him. :\ why shouldn't he be dreaming about it?

Or just feel familiarity regardless. The Memories were there, just delinked. It's like how Sora in Chain of Memories didn't remember the worlds he was going through, but knew that Twilight Town was NOT a place he had visited, ever. The people who remembered Sora wouldn't really remember him, but they'd feel familiarity towards Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back