• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Riku cut his hair?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Why Did Riku cut his Hair?

It all makes sense now! I bet that's what happened to MXs hair too~

I does feel off but I blame it on the outfit as well. Maybe new duds will make the hair match better.

Maybe Master Xehanort wants the Darkness to cover every thing so his empty scalp won't have use light to shine things. This is a way for him have his head covered again... could be true. lol.

Last edited:

Endareyn

I tend to prefer a Riku with longer hair myself since I honestly think that he looks better wearing it long, but I can understand the symbolism towards having it cut (see Luke from Tales of the Abyss). However, I do think that the short hair looks good on him...in his Dream Eater form. In his more adult form, it looks kind of awkward thanks to the fact that he's a lankier and it doesn't quite mesh with his Kingdom Hearts II design, but it looks better in his Dream Drop Distance form where the short hair looks a little less out of place, at least to me, anyway.

I totally agree with what you said, the short hair looked much better with his Dream Eater design. It feels so awkward when he's in his KH2 form, I can't really figure out why but... it just doesn't work for me. The long hair he had in KH2 looked much better then.

As for the reason, I also thought of the "new beginning" symbolism. With the amount of FF characters sporting weird haircuts or outfits... I really don't think convenience would be an issue.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I hope Axel...I mean, Lea doesn't get a haircut. I prefer him the way how he looks at the moment.

Nah, his hair is only getting longer. It's maybe an inch or two longer than it was when he was Axel, especially the pieces that come to the front to sit on his shoulders, and the spikes on the side of his face.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Well everyone else has covered why he did it, which I agree with.

I tend to prefer a Riku with longer hair myself since I honestly think that he looks better wearing it long, but I can understand the symbolism towards having it cut (see Luke from Tales of the Abyss). However, I do think that the short hair looks good on him...in his Dream Eater form. In his more adult form, it looks kind of awkward thanks to the fact that he's a lankier and it doesn't quite mesh with his Kingdom Hearts II design, but it looks better in his Dream Drop Distance form where the short hair looks a little less out of place, at least to me, anyway.

I agree with this. His hair as a Dream Eater is my favorite. It doesn't look very good on his KH2 design. I also didn't much like his long hair either.

SoraForeverKH

I did understand the reason for Riku's long hair in the 2nd, but I was really hoping for a shorter hair style in the future games. So I was really excited when I saw he had in 3D.
It looks really good on him!
And that part about being so concerned for his best friend, Sora, that he didn't care what happened to him or how he looked is very touching. Riku is so great.
Now if Sora got a hair cut, he just woudn't be the same at all! Keep the scissors away from Sora! Haha!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What do you guys think about Riku wearing his hair in a ponytail? I think that would have suited him

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
What do you guys think about Riku wearing his hair in a ponytail? I think that would have suited him
But the short hair does suit him. The symbolism behind it alone is perfect for Riku's character and exactly what was needed in order to physically display the change in his mentality.

Also, a pony tail would have been... too Xigbar...

lol i think riku need to change his close it doesn't fit with the hair style also his so tall and short hair kinda lame
He's getting new clothes for KH3 so Nomura will undoubtedly make something that works with his short hair.

Rau Le Creuset

Science has recently proven that Riku is 3x sexier with long hair than short.

Riku with KH1 hair attracts Maleficent
Riku with short hair attracts Yen Sid
Riku with long hair attracts Xion and Namine.

The science speaks for itself.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Riku with short hair attracts Shiki, this science is invalid!!!!!!!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Riku with short hair attracts Shiki, this science is invalid!!!!!!!!

This scale needs some corrections:

Riku's KH1 hair attracted Ansem SoD & Sora
Riku's long hair attracted Kairi & Sora
Riku short hair attracted Sora and even gave us an entire game all about their bromance

Therefore, all of Riku's hair is acceptable because all three were appreciated by Sora.

Rau Le Creuset

My God.. Master Spockanort is onto something.

If Riku's kH1 hair could attract Hansem than there need be no more scientific proof:
1385571_532887316792238_1720721508_n_zpsd407fca4.jpg

You sir, are a master sciencer. I acknowledge your wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back