• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why and how did Ansem the Wise lose his memories?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Because Deus Ex Machina explosion. Don't want him telling Aqua what's been going on since her absence, after all.

bgizzles45

I find it ironic that he used to go by the name of Darkness in Zero (DiZ) and he ended up being trapped in the realm of darkness.

There was a reason why Sora, Roxas, Apprentice Xehanort, and Xion losing their memories but why would being sent to the realm of darkness make one lose their memories?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I find it ironic that he used to go by the name of Darkness in Zero (DiZ) and he ended up being trapped in the realm of darkness.

There was a reason why Sora, Roxas, Apprentice Xehanort, and Xion losing their memories but why would being sent to the realm of darkness make one lose their memories?

It has *nothing* to do with being sent to the Realm of Darkness. It has to do with the fact that a machine EXPLODED right in his hands and unleashed a POWERFUL streak of light that, not only sent him to the Dark Realm, but also purified Riku of any leftover Xehanort darkness inside of him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
What I find weird isn't a machine explosion causing amnesia but that it only made him forget things not related to Sora.

bgizzles45

It has *nothing* to do with being sent to the Realm of Darkness. It has to do with the fact that a machine EXPLODED right in his hands and unleashed a POWERFUL streak of light that, not only sent him to the Dark Realm, but also purified Riku of any leftover Xehanort darkness inside of him.

Then why weren't the people around him affected (aside from Riku)?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Then why weren't the people around him affected (aside from Riku)?

The key to that is Ansem's own words "anything could happen". Like Fudgemintguardian called it, it was just a dues ex machina moment. Things happened the way they did just cause.

bgizzles45

Well that's f***ing stupid. Now Ansem doesn't know anything about Radiant Garden (the world he used to rule), his apprentices (especially Ienzo) which is sad.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well that's f***ing stupid.
Yes, yes it is but at the same time not everything needs detailed explanation. Of the due ex machinas in the series I find the one that saved Sora from being a heartless and Namine a far bigger annoyance.

Now Ansem doesn't know anything about Radiant Garden (the world he used to rule), his apprentices (especially Ienzo) which is sad.
He may remember though if he comes back. Just cause he's forgetful doesn't mean it's permanent. ;3

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, I seriously doubt he'll be rid of those memories forever. He needs to be saved too, afterall.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Am I the only one who finds this visual hilarious? I am? Damn. Like the explosion was so massive it sent this guy to another realm with amnesia and new threads to boot?

But in all honesty I can't think of a logical way for the explosion to have caused his memory loss besides it being convenient for the plot to not have Aqua know about everything that has happened. Him losing his memories is literally explained as "just cuz"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Am I the only one who finds this visual hilarious? I am? Damn. Like the explosion was so massive it sent this guy to another realm with amnesia and new threads to boot?

But in all honesty I can't think of a logical way for the explosion to have caused his memory loss besides it being convenient for the plot to not have Aqua know about everything that has happened. Him losing his memories is literally explained as "just cuz"

I think he borrowed Riku's coat. It likely ended up with him in the midst of all of the fighting. And when Riku flung the coat, it vanished so...talk about hand-me-downs.

digimikej

Awards
What I find weird isn't a machine explosion causing amnesia but that it only made him forget things not related to Sora.
this. "oh hey, random keyblade wielding girl. you know, I have no memory of anything....except for the fact that ive been to these shores before, and theres this one cool dude who did all this awesome stuff out there. other than that , though, drawing a total blank."

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I think he borrowed Riku's coat. It likely ended up with him in the midst of all of the fighting. And when Riku flung the coat, it vanished so...talk about hand-me-downs.

Which becomes somewhat ironic (or fitting, depending on who you ask) when you factor in the fact that he was the one who gave Riku the coat in the first place.

this. "oh hey, random keyblade wielding girl. you know, I have no memory of anything....except for the fact that ive been to these shores before, and theres this one cool dude who did all this awesome stuff out there. other than that , though, drawing a total blank."

That image is...actually pretty funny. XD

betwix-t

In the secret movie Blank Points we see Ansem the wise with Aqua on the Dark Margin say "...well I can tell you this my SECOND time on these shores, but unfortunately much like the first, I do not remember who I am or for whence I came" Now, at first thought you think he is referring to when he was banished by his apprentices and became DiZ, this partially fits because in the ansem reports he claims how he is losing his memory of Radiant Garden, BUT chose to abandon his name (not forget it) because it has been stolen by his apprentice Xehanort. Also something to note, is that he was sent to the realm of nothingness, never is it mentioned he went to the Realm of Darkness in his reports (all though one may infer he made it there after he escaped the RoN) and never does he claim to forget his name. Do you guys think Im just crazy and he was just referring to himself becoming DiZ? or something more that we have yet to know about Ansem the Wise?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I kinda wish that was the case but he really did just lose some memories:

Q16: What happened to Ansem the Wise?
A: He is wandering in the realm of darkness.

Ansem the Wise, who banished to the realm of nothingness by his six apprentices. In KHII, he wanted to release the Kingdom Hearts made from people’s hearts that the Nobodies of his apprentices had created. The machine that he used for that end exploded, taking him with it. It looked as though he disappeared, but we know from the secret event in BbS that he was sent into the realm of darkness.

[picture: Ansem]

Ansem used Sora and Riku to get his revenge against his apprentices.

[picture: Ansem and Mickey with machine]

Ansem tried to test the heart’s data form with his machine, but it didn’t go as planned and the machine went berserk.

[picture: The realm of darkness.]

Ansem the Wise was thrust into the realm of darkness, forgetting all of his memories except those concerning Sora.
link: BBS Ultimania - 20 Mysteries Solved! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

~Oathkeeper~

I actually was confused about how ansem the wise had been to the realm of darkness once before. I knew he mentioned it but never knew how it happened. Where did you guys figure out his apprentices banished him? I mean it must not be something plain as day. Did they banish him before they were nobodies? Or after? Im kinda still confused about the beginning scene in bbs when they became nobodies and ansem was born. I got that they became nobodies there but it was only a few, what about the others. How did they become nobodies? And when did ansem the wise become banished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back