• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who your Favorite Techno Artist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

That's what I love about EDM though Massive Attack. It's just so difficult to put into a genre sometimes. I can understand your thoughts on it though, especially after reading the wiki article. Very interesting to read up on it. :)

C

Crazium

Tecnho? Similar to happy hardcore? Uh not really.
Techno and electro are pretty similar. Basically just electronic funk, or as that guy from The Belville Three described it "…like Detroit…a complete mistake. It's like George Clinton and Kraftwerk are stuck in an elevator with only a sequencer to keep them company."
I've probably got it wrong too though, because it's pretty confusing. Just read the wiki article for the two genres.
Oh my God George Clinton <3

Sword_Goddess

Website
inaheart.blogspot.com
It's hard to say for me since favorites tend to fluctuate. Right now, it's mostly trance type stuff. Oceanlab, Tilt, Super 8.

Then there's non trance, like Depeche Mode and VNV Nation.

Just current favorites.

Devious

Trance is decent, but that's mainly along the lines of progressive trance than any other kind. I can't stand listening to trance for too long because it takes too long for a breakdown or a drop to occur in its fullest. That is where my appreciation of breakbeats comes into play. Very good on the 4/4 time signature, good drops, good breakdowns, etc. Listen to Freakshow by Krafty Kuts and you'll understand what I mean. You can still get that vocal while still loving the way the music is laid out. Robin S. makes a great house track that I even bought on vinyl for my turn tables, "Show Me Love" if any of you have heard of it. Stanton Warriors have an amazing remix of it along with a few other DJs. Also try "Saturate" by Chemical Brothers (Stanton Warriors Remix) which will always be my favorite track. Amazing work done by Chemical Brothers and an amazing remix by Stanton Warriors.

Awards
bloc party and daft punk aren't techno

i don't like techno, it all sounds like club music to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back