• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who your Favorite Techno Artist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Royksopp is trip-hop and Daft Punk is house, so yeah, not quite. I'm thinking you guys mean electronica, not techno.

Firo

Oh Crap
Tiesto, Basshunter. Chemical Brothers.

Last edited:

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
i've never listened to detroit techno before. maybe i should. i like electronic music a lot though.

Royksopp is trip-hop and Daft Punk is house, so yeah, not quite. I'm thinking you guys mean electronica, not techno.

royksopp's first album is trip hop, i guess, but the other ones only have elements of it. well, they have more of an electro influence actually.

VIP MEGA EURO☆STAR;3846560 said:
basshunter is for fucking fags

Last edited:

Devious

Daft Punk has its House moments, but it is not House to the fullest extent. I want to slap you for not knowing who Daft Punk is and still enjoying EDM... But I'll forgive you for now. <3

I don't listen to Techno all that much. I just listen to Breakbeats, Drum and Bass, Electro, Dubstep, and a little bit of Progressive Trance if I'm really tolerant.

Under Breakbeats I listen to the essentials; Krafty Kuts, DJ Icey, Adam Freeland, Deekline and Wizard, and of course Stanton Warriors and Plump DJs.

Under Drum and Bass I listen to Chase and Status, Digitalism, London Elektricity, High Contrast, and Pendulum.

Electro is kind of scattered and rare; MSTRKRFT and Matt Darey are about it.

Dubstep is good too :) Skream, Benga, Glitch Mob, and Hyper.

C

Crazium

Tiësto for sure. I love Daft Punk but I don't think they exactly count as "Techno."

Devious

Techno is a completely different genre from Tiësto and Daft Punk. Techno is similar to Happy Hardcore, but with less obnoxious singing (listen to Aqua for the similarities in Techno and Happy Hardcore). Tiësto is Trance while Daft Punk is a House/Electro style, more so Electro (Electro is basically a mix made with all synthetic sounding samples, loops, etc.).

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Techno is a completely different genre from Tiësto and Daft Punk. Techno is similar to Happy Hardcore, but with less obnoxious singing (listen to Aqua for the similarities in Techno and Happy Hardcore). Tiësto is Trance while Daft Punk is a House/Electro style, more so Electro (Electro is basically a mix made with all synthetic sounding samples, loops, etc.).

Tecnho? Similar to happy hardcore? Uh not really.
Techno and electro are pretty similar. Basically just electronic funk, or as that guy from The Belville Three described it "…like Detroit…a complete mistake. It's like George Clinton and Kraftwerk are stuck in an elevator with only a sequencer to keep them company."
I've probably got it wrong too though, because it's pretty confusing. Just read the wiki article for the two genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back