• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who else is enraged by the lousy adaptation?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuismylife88

I now hold everything against Shiro Amona, or whatever their name is. They're evil! They did a crappy job of making that graphic novel on KH1. It doesn't stay true to the story at all. For one, you don't defeat darkside by attacking his eyes. They're way too high up! Second, there is no lady in traverse town who loses her heart. That filler dude, who I call Hulio, loses his heart. You know, that dude who stands at the short cut to district 3 and takes over at the accessory shop. Well, third of all, Riku never says shutup to maleficent. Maybe it's just me, but I hate it! Especially since I created a written adaptation of KH1 myself, so I'm very critical about this kind of thing. If you want to see it, go to my tiny website, Kingdom Hearts, a sweet website. Like, no one sees it, so tell people about it. If you have a good story, post it here, and I'll put it on.:thumbsup:

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
It's not that big of a deal.

I agree, the graphic novels aren't the best adaption, but they are fun and a nice read.

It'd be terrible if it was the exact same.

I'm actually hoping the novels are really good, they sound excellent.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I agree, the graphic novels aren't the best adaption, but they are fun and a nice read.

It'd be terrible if it was the exact same.

I'm actually hoping the novels are really good, they sound excellent.

It would be stupid to have the exact same thing in the book from the game. I personally don't think the book is that bad, but Shiro was proabably trying to speed things up with the books by cutting things out (I wanted to see what Sora looked like as a vampire in the manga).

Just like anime is on the TV, a manga isn't exactly the same as what goes on the TV, but it makes it more interesting to read, not to mention having a manga of my favorite game to carry around. ^^

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Obviously it's not going to be exactly the same. That's pretty much a given with every adaption of one media to another.

Personally I don't like the manga that much, because it's just way too short, skips too many things...

No.XV_Keyblader

why woild anyone buy it if it was the same of corse it gonna be different what'd you expect an exact copy of exactly what happened in the game. Not to be mean but.... duh! And no I'm not mad at all cuz I don't read it anyway

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
It doesn't stay true to the story at all.

that's what the novels are for.
and "at all"? actually it stays pretty close to the plot.

For one, you don't defeat darkside by attacking his eyes. They're way too high up!
actually it's possible. I've done it. you run up his arm.

Second, there is no lady in traverse town who loses her heart. That filler dude, who I call Hulio, loses his heart.
sooo?

Well, third of all, Riku never says shutup to maleficent. Maybe it's just me, but I hate it!

if you don't like it. don't read it. it's as simple as that.

Especially since I created a written adaptation of KH1 myself, so I'm very critical about this kind of thing. If you want to see it, go to my tiny website, Kingdom Hearts, a sweet website. Like, no one sees it, so tell people about it. If you have a good story, post it here, and I'll put it on.:thumbsup:

your adaption is nothing more than a fanfic.
the novels are true to the game and even tell more
telling the game though manga, is difficult. You try to draw everything in the game.

and like Shiro Amano's (PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT. Imagine if I said your name wrong and said "or, whatever" that's disrespectful) artwork is portrayed differently from the game. It's very difficult to draw exactly like the game, especially when it's not an artbook but a comic. Meaning you have to portray action through illustration.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Okay the only movie/game that has been the same story as the comic book or the other way around has been the Rocketer. The graphic novel and the game will always be different for every story. I know this because its my job to know (for real it is my job. I work in a comic store.) The story is changed for reasons that fit the majority of the fan base.
bowchickawowwow

Mike XIII

I'd've liked for the art to have been less soft so the action would have looked cooler, but seriously, if you can't stand the adaptation, don't read it

DancingDestiny

I don't mind the differences between the games and the manga too much for the most part, they're just slightly different interpretations of the story, that's all :)

The only KH manga that really bothered me was the second volume of COM. They just left out too much, like how Zexion actually died, and watered down the Riku Replica's (very sad) storyline into a few comic strips at the end -_-

Kurxi

A novel that has exactly the same thing as the original game would be boring. Might as well just play the game. It's different so you can expect something else other that what you see in the game.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I like the manga because it isn't like the game at all, it has more of a comedic feel to it than the game and the art is nice.

I'm not a person who likes things to be precise as long as I am entertained by the manga then I don't care what Amano does to the story just keep me laughing.

I now hold everything against Shiro Amona, or whatever their name is. They're evil! They did a crappy job of making that graphic novel on KH1. It doesn't stay true to the story at all. For one, you don't defeat darkside by attacking his eyes. They're way too high up! Second, there is no lady in traverse town who loses her heart. That filler dude, who I call Hulio, loses his heart. You know, that dude who stands at the short cut to district 3 and takes over at the accessory shop. Well, third of all, Riku never says shutup to maleficent. Maybe it's just me, but I hate it! Especially since I created a written adaptation of KH1 myself, so I'm very critical about this kind of thing. If you want to see it, go to my tiny website, Kingdom Hearts, a sweet website. Like, no one sees it, so tell people about it. If you have a good story, post it here, and I'll put it on.:thumbsup:
ANAL POST IS ANNNNAAAAAL. (lol anal)

Anyways I like the manga because it isn't like the game at all, it has more of a comedic feel to it than the game and the art is nice. Most if not nearly all games and comics are different since no one wants to read the game when they can just play it.

I'm not a person who likes things to be precise as long as I am entertained by the manga then I don't care what Amano does to the story just keep me laughing.

Btw the font on your website is real small, make it bigger so I can read it since my ctrl doesn't work.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Sorry you care so much =/ anyway I'm glad they aren't the sme the magna is pretty funny well actually I've only read the COM magna but I thought that it was really good it was really funny and still managed to stick to the storyline but of course they did lack on the riku part and I was disappointed about the battle with Marluxia but all well I liked them....

DanceMacabre

I did not like the manga, but I buy it as a collectors item. In my opinion, the mangas story is told too fast, and I dislike the animation style aswell. If Tetsuya Nomura had the time to make a manga, it would kick ass, but Shiros version really doesnt peak my interests.

Salux

I whought it was f***ing shmexy
The only thing was that it was short.
i wish it was more of a long ass book.
but it was all-in-all good

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
This is really wierd because I found that the manga was extremely close to the story of KH. They even matched some dialogue word-for-word. I'm currently flipping through the pages and I dont see where Riku says "Shut up" to Maleficent. Which part is it? BTW I've got the Tokyopop version (just incase another one exists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back