• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
Here’s the full Reynatis trailer.

Nomura, your response? 🤭

EDIT: It’s confirmed to be releasing in the west this fall sometime, published by NISA who has localized several FuRyu games in the past.

This looks dope.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Can’t believe I suggested we could get KH4 news in February with a possible fall release and instead we got “KH4 at home” news in February with a fall release. 😂

In other news, various outlets have reported the Switch successor is likely coming March 2025. On top of that, PlayStation confirmed they won’t have any 1st party games from major existing franchises until after March 2025. So we’re looking at a big lull for major first party releases. Even Pokemon seems to be taking this year off which is generally unheard of.

A late 2024/early 2025 release date for KH4 would be an excellent release window if it is ready by then. With so few games releasing in that time, it could really benefit from the pent up demand. Of course, it would still do well another time if it isn’t ready yet. This would just be an ideal scenario if it is.

I think we’ll get an update in April around the two year anniversary of KH4’s announcement at this point. That’s probably when Missing Link’s second beta will start too, so I could see us getting new trailers for both games at that time.

Did anyone see this MightyApe (Australian game retailer) post on the KH Reddit with an estimated release date of 27 Dec 2024? Any opinions on that?

That is just a placeholder as it is the last Friday of the year.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Did anyone see this MightyApe (Australian game retailer) post on the KH Reddit with an estimated release date of 27 Dec 2024? Any opinions on that?
Saw it. Looks like placeholder description, common thing to do among retailers.

Man, this news draught is going to drive me nuts. No news on KH4, no news on ML...all we get is a trailer of a different game that just sparks rumors of unresolved internal issues in SQEX.

2 quid is good

Awards
Can’t believe I suggested we could get KH4 news in February with a possible fall release and instead we got “KH4 at home” news in February with a fall release. 😂

In other news, various outlets have reported the Switch successor is likely coming March 2025. On top of that, PlayStation confirmed they won’t have any 1st party games from major existing franchises until after March 2025. So we’re looking at a big lull for major first party releases. Even Pokemon seems to be taking this year off which is generally unheard of.

A late 2024/early 2025 release date for KH4 would be an excellent release window if it is ready by then. With so few games releasing in that time, it could really benefit from the pent up demand. Of course, it would still do well another time if it isn’t ready yet. This would just be an ideal scenario if it is.

I think we’ll get an update in April around the two year anniversary of KH4’s announcement at this point. That’s probably when Missing Link’s second beta will start too, so I could see us getting new trailers for both games at that time.

That is just a placeholder as it is the last Friday of the year.
When the KH3 placeholder dates started showing up it released in January the next year...
B59E438CC5E7F39BF1FBFC073CA191B92AD5AF14

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When the KH3 placeholder dates started showing up it released in January the next year...
B59E438CC5E7F39BF1FBFC073CA191B92AD5AF14

That was likely because it had been announced for 2018 originally, so retailers thought it was releasing that year up until we got the actual release date.

But I would not be surprised at all if we see a January release again since they’ve been favoring the January/February slot with KH3, Forspoken, and Rebirth.

2 quid is good

Awards
That was likely because it had been announced for 2018 originally, so retailers thought it was releasing that year up until we got the actual release date.

But I would not be surprised at all if we see a January release again since they’ve been favoring the January/February slot with KH3, Forspoken, and Rebirth.
Honestly considering the game went gold sometime in November I always thought it was meant for a December release and just got pushed back to January because iirc Smash and Pokemon released around the same time? and WoFF dlc, true system seller

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly considering the game went gold sometime in November I always thought it was meant for a December release and just got pushed back to January because iirc Smash and Pokemon released around the same time? and WoFF dlc, true system seller

Yeah I remember them saying it was basically just due to distribution reasons and not the game’s development. With the low number of games releasing, they probably would not have that issue this year. Since then we’ve also seen games like Crisis Core Reunion release early December and Melody of Memory in November. So it’s certainly not out of the question.

Liodin

Awards
Happy "KH4 is next" day!

At this moment I expect the trailer at the Summer Game Fest, and a Missing Link trailer with the release date. Just like they did with Ever Crisis and Rebirth last year.

This month maybe they will announce the date of the closed beta and the release of the games on Steam, which came out 3 years ago on March 30. People also thought Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 was impossible and it came out three years later on Steam.

Hopefully we will have the ML open beta for everyone in May, and it will be out in late June or July.

But what I am sure of is that we will all be playing KH4 in less than a year.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Happy "KH4 is next" day!

At this moment I expect the trailer at the Summer Game Fest, and a Missing Link trailer with the release date. Just like they did with Ever Crisis and Rebirth last year.

This month maybe they will announce the date of the closed beta and the release of the games on Steam, which came out 3 years ago on March 30. People also thought Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 was impossible and it came out three years later on Steam.

Hopefully we will have the ML open beta for everyone in May, and it will be out in late June or July.

But what I am sure of is that we will all be playing KH4 in less than a year.

I’ll be even more optimistic and say I think it’ll be April when we get both KH4 and ML trailers. It would be for the two year anniversary of the original announcements.

Also, SE has an earnings call in early May. I could see them wanting to make their next big AAA release known before that so their shareholders stay invested.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Now that FF7R released, I feel like we'll start seeing trailers this year.

They'd probably want to give FF7R a few weeks at minimum before promoting KH4.

I feel like we'll get a trailer in April because that would be 2 years since the previous KH4 trailer.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Now that FF7R released, I feel like we'll start seeing trailers this year.

They'd probably want to give FF7R a few weeks at minimum before promoting KH4.

I feel like we'll get a trailer in April because that would be 2 years since the previous KH4 trailer.
let's hope your feelings are correct. im still banking on a Star Wars world getting revealed first.

2 quid is good

Awards
let's hope your feelings are correct. im still banking on a Star Wars world getting revealed first.
Star wars.... I have nothing logical against it I'm just a hater. Well actually I DO have a reason but I don't think it's one most people will accept.

Anyway, It would be cool if they dropped a trailer in April on the series anniversary but I don't think it's very likely... 22nd anniversary doesn't hit the same. Summer time/next state of play will probably be my best bet. On a side note I kinda hope it comes to PS4 even as a port anyway. If it comes out within the year I don't think it's super unlikely considering just how many games are getting PS4 + PS5 releases even this year

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys this drought is killing me 😭

I'm so happy we have Rebirth now but it also hit me that 4 years have passed since Remake, which itself was over a year after KH3. It's been a long time! I was so optimistic after KH3's release that we wouldn't fall into the same old patterns with this series. Not to be a downer; I'm also hopeful we'll see something this year, but man, it's been a slog 🥲

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Star wars.... I have nothing logical against it I'm just a hater. Well actually I DO have a reason but I don't think it's one most people will accept.

Anyway, It would be cool if they dropped a trailer in April on the series anniversary but I don't think it's very likely... 22nd anniversary doesn't hit the same. Summer time/next state of play will probably be my best bet. On a side note I kinda hope it comes to PS4 even as a port anyway. If it comes out within the year I don't think it's super unlikely considering just how many games are getting PS4 + PS5 releases even this year
If anything maybe an interview with Nomura? (in April)

June, August, September and December are the most likely for trailers. Summer Game Fest, Gamescom, TGS and Game Awards.

Ok but a Lightsaber Keyblade and Darth Vader bossfight are gonna go crazy. I could even see them do a Baby Yoda summon lol.
Guys this drought is killing me 😭

I'm so happy we have Rebirth now but it also hit me that 4 years have passed since Remake, which itself was over a year after KH3. It's been a long time! I was so optimistic after KH3's release that we wouldn't fall into the same old patterns with this series. Not to be a downer; I'm also hopeful we'll see something this year, but man, it's been a slog 🥲
KH3 came out 5 years ago, time has gone by so quick.

Let's hope it's not 6 years like KH3. A 2028 release would have it release on the PS6 lol

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Ok but a .... Darth Vader bossfight are gonna go crazy.
I don't think it's controversial to say that Kingdom Hearts isn't the hype beast it used to be. KH3 trailers probably represent the zenith of global attention that this franchise will ever get on its own merits. But...

If there was ever anything that was going to re-ignite the KH hype machine and give it a second life, Sora vs Darth Vader is it. More than any original story, combat, feature, graphics, anything. The one thing that could get outsiders into KH4 and beyond and 'break the internet' is a trailer where the Keyblade clashes with Vader's red saber.

... But then we'll have the Star Wars fans with us!! Aw, nasty!! Plug your noses everyone!!! Haha just kidding

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3 came out 5 years ago, time has gone by so quick.

Let's hope it's not 6 years like KH3. A 2028 release would have it release on the PS6 lol
I could forgive it if it's like, it's just taking that long for the team to cook up something really good. Game development is messy and sometimes non-linear, I get it.

My sneaking suspicion, though, is that at least part of the reason it's taking longer than expected has to do with a) Disney being overly hands-on with their properties (especially if we've got Star Wars in the mix); b) Missing-Link development issues siphoning critical staff because SE execs are hell-bent on trend-chasing live-service/geolocation bullshit; or both. Could be wrong though.

NoWay

Awards
I don't think it's controversial to say that Kingdom Hearts isn't the hype beast it used to be. KH3 trailers probably represent the zenith of global attention that this franchise will ever get on its own merits.

I would also say that KH4 lost momentum in 2022 because of them not uploading the trailer separately. I mean how could they hide the trailer behind a 20 minutes anniversary video? But maybe they “hid” the trailer purposely because of the early footage they had to show.
I wonder if the re-announcement with actual gameplay in UE5 is able to generate some hype and 2-3 million views on YouTube?

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
I thought it was confirmed that the mobile games don't siphon off resources from the main games ... unless ML is different?

Back