• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your LEAST favourite book?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokiri Efad

Website
baka-onigiri.blogspot.com
I read the god damn book. >.>
A play in a book, whatever that garbage is.
O_O
Sorry, I don't mean to double-post, but how can you call Shakespeare "garbage"? Well, I shouldn't sound so angry... after all, I've found that those who don't like his work tend to not know how to read Shakespeare's plays. Yes, there's a certain way to read them.

I feel better now.

Fireheart

Shakespeare isnt all that great.Infact i am quite certain that none of his plays were truely original but i must admit that the way he writes them is quite good.Also I know how to read his plays but i dont really like them all that much.

Anyway the worst set of books that i have read is the 'Harry Potter' series.I cant say whoch one of them is the worst so i have gone with all of them.The only one which entertained me for a brief period of time was the third one.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Fireheart said:
Shakespeare isnt all that great.Infact i am quite certain that none of his plays were truely original but i must admit that the way he writes them is quite good.

Bingo! That's why we like Shakespeare, his writing.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I have yet to come across a book I actually hate, or even dislike enough to single out; every book has redeeming qualities- unfortunately. >_>;

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hitokiri Efad said:
o_oa that was a joke?

Well, it was half a joke and half serious. I have a habit of doing that.

Hitokiri Efad said:
Oh, and anyone who says there isn't anything interesting in the "Classics" hasn't read The Canterbury Tales. It's about as dirty as I've ever read. ^^ Dirty, but hilarious.

Oh, you must be talking about the Miller's tale. I never read it, but someone has told me it. I did, however, read the Archbishop's tale. I really liked that one, and not because it was just entertaining.

Most people are going to have trouble reading Chaucer's work.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I didn't like The Pearl by John Steinbeck (I think that was his name. o_o) I wasn't really taken with one book by Charles D ickens. I can't remember the name.. Main characters were Pip, Estalla, Miss Havisham, and the fugitive guy.

Now it's bothering me ._____.;

Hitokiri Efad

Website
baka-onigiri.blogspot.com
Would that be Great Expectations, perhaps? I've never read it, but I remember hearing about it. If it's anything like David Copperfield, though... >_> I know it was an emotional autobiography that was depressing and all that, but he writes much better when he isn't paid by the word. A Christmas Carol was MUCH better.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
my least favioriite book is the quiet american, we were made to read it for english, not one person enjoyed that book in our school

Dark Prince

Awards
Hands down, for me its Dhalgren. I know a lot people like this book, but I found it dense, impenetrable, confusing and boring. I tried to read it 3 times before I was able to read stright through. Delany seemed more interested in how 'literary' he could write then in actually writing a decent story.

TheKitchensink13

My least favorite book would have to be Lyddie, by Katherine Paterson. I had to read that book for language class and it was dreadful. I didn't follow most of it and the parts I did follow were extremely dull. Most people in the class hated that book.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Some of Jane Austen's books are truly awful. Pride and Prejudice was good but the others are so similar and bland and sleep inducing. In fact I'd rather be locked in a cupboard for 6 hours than read Persuasion which is to be our new English Lit book. Joy of joys.

Penguin Master

Fanboy of Tomo and Kagura
In my room, watching Azumanga Daioh, over and over
Hitokiri Efad said:
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. *shudders* It's about a Lithuanian family trying to survive in 1920's-1930's Chicago. They work all over the place, like in a meat processing plant (before the Pure Food and Drug Act was passed...), and Sinclair gives the most vivid, horrible descriptions. It's good, in the sense that it makes you very thankful for your own life, but there wasn't anything happy about that book. I had to read it for 20th Century History class, and my entire class hated it.
Well, that book was writen to shut down those meat procesing plants. And my least favorate was Fast Food Nation.Thankfuly, I didn't have to read the full book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back