• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should my first Final Fantasy be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
You could start with Final Fantasy VII like I did. When I first played it, I barely knew how RPG's worked. But overtime you get used to it--the materia system may be hard to understand at first, but you'll start to get it halfway through disk one.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
I dont think thats true. I started with 10 and I know that a lot of people started at 12 and 13 and they enjoy the series just fine.
i can agree to that. i too started with X then worked my way up to XII. then going back with the past titles and i was just doing fine. even loving the series more.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
So we're agreed then. You absolutely must start with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, or 13. But don't bother with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, or 13 as they're the WORST FINAL FANTASY EVER!

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
If you're looking for "quintessential Final Fantasy games", you should probably look into IV, IX, and (to a lesser extent) VI. VII, VIII, and XIII deviate from the traditional formula more, but are still enjoyable games.

Zul

Awards
The only one you should never buy even after having played every other FF game is Dirge of Cerberus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back