• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark___edge

It's really funny how I can go through the entire game and still not understand what the "darkness" is.
So what really is darkness? Lol. In KH context that is.

Last edited:

Chosenoneknuckles

Darkness is the metaphysical form of 'evil', having almost always have been assumed to be that of cold, uncaring and ‘evil’ inclined people, and thus it is inevitably feared.

It is the polar opposite of 'Light' and is almost always branded as evil in media and folklore across the world.

In the KH series though, Riku is an example of such a stereotypical view being utterly flawed. As the world cannot be separated into good and bad people, that's not how life works.

That's my brief take on the term 'darkness' within games, folklore etc.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It's really funny how I can go through the entire game and still not understand what the "darkness" is.
So what really is darkness? Lol.

darkness is the absence of light.
conversely, light is the absence of darkness.

one cannot exist without the other.

Apollo

Silver Member
ya i guess it is bad! But from a point of view light can be bad!

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
yeah like they said darkness is simply evil.

Awards
Darkness is basically evil but it can be good(usually evil though)
Riku is a good example of darkness because he uses darkness but he's a good guy

めいこ

when in doubt, to the dictionary!!

dark·ness /ˈdɑrknɪs/ - [dahrk-nis]
–noun 1. the state or quality of being dark: The room was in total darkness.
2. absence or deficiency of light: the darkness of night.
3. wickedness or evil: Satan, the prince of darkness.
4. obscurity; concealment: The darkness of the metaphor destroyed its effectiveness.
5. lack of knowledge or enlightenment: heathen darkness.
6. lack of sight; blindness.

;P i personally endorse deffination number 2. There are many different turns this thread could take, b/c darkness is used differently depending on the situation/story/ whatnot; its something different in religion, fiction, science, etc, and depending on what you want to know, or what you ask of other peoples' views on the matter, they will tell you something different.
@Dark___edge : if you don't tell us what you specifically don't understand, we won't really be able to help you =P

Obscured fire

|?|エリイ|?| Azixel
Website
azixel.deviantart.com
めいこ;2345250 said:
when in doubt, to the dictionary!!

dark·ness /ˈdɑrknɪs/ - [dahrk-nis]
–noun 1. the state or quality of being dark: The room was in total darkness.
2. absence or deficiency of light: the darkness of night.
3. wickedness or evil: Satan, the prince of darkness.
4. obscurity; concealment: The darkness of the metaphor destroyed its effectiveness.
5. lack of knowledge or enlightenment: heathen darkness.
6. lack of sight; blindness.

;P i personally endorse deffination number 2. There are many different turns this thread could take, b/c darkness is used differently depending on the situation/story/ whatnot; its something different in religion, fiction, science, etc, and depending on what you want to know, or what you ask of other peoples' views on the matter, they will tell you something different.
@Dark___edge : if you don't tell us what you specifically don't understand, we won't really be able to help you =P

:lol:LOL yeah dictionary saves lifes!!!
Yeah i agree with ya^^:p

Riku74

darkness is simply the opposite of light. you cant have light without darkness and vice versa. Darkness can be bad and can be good same as light. It doesn't matter if you have the power of darkness or the power of light, the thing that matters is what you use your powers for.
Ex. Riku in the begganing of kh2 had the power of darkness but still good
Ex. Ansem the Wise in the begganing of kh2 had the power of light but used it for revenge which is not good.

V

V.A.T.13

Darkness is not evil. o_o; Nor is light good. It all depends on who uses it.

But honestly, I would like to know what "darkness" is according to the KH series...
I mean, its not being in the dark is it? Is it certain emotions? Is it a physhical form?

khdude2000

Darkness is the metaphysical form of 'evil', having almost always have been assumed to be that of cold, uncaring and ‘evil’ inclined people, and thus it is inevitably feared.

It is the polar opposite of 'Light' and is almost always branded as evil in media and folklore across the world.

In the KH series though, Riku is an example of such a stereotypical view being utterly flawed. As the world cannot be separated into good and bad people, that's not how life works.

That's my brief take on the term 'darkness' within games, folklore etc.

wow....what he said lol. never thought of it with that much depth....

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Darkness is not evil. o_o; Nor is light good. It all depends on who uses it.

But honestly, I would like to know what "darkness" is according to the KH series...
I mean, its not being in the dark is it? Is it certain emotions? Is it a physhical form?

I think in the context of the KH series, darkness is a force of nature, like light. Those who delve into it are able to use it for various purposes. But it's dangerous for you to do so, since the darkness can get to you, and you can lose yourself...

I think certain emotions, like hatred, greed, and such, may cause darkness to increase in a heart...

Riku74

man how many times do I have to say it. Darkness is not always evil remember riku in the begganing of kh2? He had the power of darkness but was still good and still light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back