• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if there never was CoM?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh13

No CoM huh. How sad I wouldn't have seen that axel was a nice guy and let namine get away. Or seen that he helped sora and his friends out behind the seen. I like CoM though cause you got to play as Riku and that's always cool when you can play as another character. Ah I feel like KH2 would have been a bit confusing in parts though.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I also think without Chain of Memories Roxas still would have been killed prior to the game or in the prologue. The memory treatment is an entirely fictional process and Roxas being a problem for it was not something they had to do in anyway to keep consistent with anything we'd seen so far. They decided Roxas had to be merged with Sora because that's the plot line they wanted to go with. If Roxas and Kingdom Hearts II was made without Chain of Memories there likely would have been some other reason Roxas had to merge with Sora.
Well since Roxas was needed to restore Sora's memory and since CoM caused the loss of that memory, it's likely Roxas wouldn't have been bothered at all as you wouldn't have had to target him.
I am curious as to what Nomura's original idea for him was though. I remember something in old kh1 interviews about him being his guardian or something.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I actually think that a lot would be lost without Chain of Memories. That "blank" year is actually very important to the existence of certain plot points within Kingdom Hearts II. It shows us the Organization XIII members who doe not appear in the 2nd "main" game.

I say "main" game, because I think ALL the games are too important to be written off. Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance are especially important in getting ALL the story pieces somewhat lined up.

Without Chain of Memories there is no actual explanation for Namine's existence or her connection to Sora. A lot would be different, like we would also have no idea who DiZ was or how he met Riku.

I was excited to learn about Chain of Memories and was lucky enough to have a good friend buy me a copy of the game for my birthday. I actually teared up a little even after she told me she was getting it for me. I have fond memories of just sitting there trying to beat Marluxia while waiting to give out props during drama club. Granted this was years ago, back when it came out but the memories are still there.

fangsora

my personal opinion I think with out re:com the story would be quite confusing we wouldn't know why there's a organization 13 not a organization 8 and it also explains why 5 people died.

rufusisaghost

I'm personally very happy they came out with COM. It was the first one I played actually, and it really enticed me and made me want to play the first game myself. I think it was a good direction to go, story wise. It set up more of an explanation for KH2, and gave us some really awesome characters. Even though the gameplay was a bit repetitive, I didn't mind the card based system for this game, and I enjoyed it a lot. And even though it was still a pixel game, I thought it was beautiful!

MegaCore5

Awards
Much of KH lore would probably not even exists. in fact Xion herself would most likely never would have happened (or at least her existence would be of a different nature). other things like Aqua turning TLOD into CO probably wouldn't have happened either, as CoM is the game to introduce the world. And its possible the franchise would have been better off without it.

davidXIIIaxel

Much of KH lore would probably not even exists. in fact Xion herself would most likely never would have happened (or at least her existence would be of a different nature). other things like Aqua turning TLOD into CO probably wouldn't have happened either, as CoM is the game to introduce the world. And its possible the franchise would have been better off without it.
talking about xion. she was made in that castle so if that castle never existed she would never existed and namine would have never taken memories from sora and and changing his thoughts and memory. that whole year that he was in the pod to gain his memories back wouldve never happened. and the whole concept of kingdom hearts 2 would have to be changed completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back