• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think of people that play KH for fun,disney and gameplay but not for the story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pou92

Do you think they're fake fans?
Do you want them to stop buying the games?
Do you think they're bad for the community?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
People play video games for selfish reasons. If that's their reason to play Kingdom Hearts III then all the more power to them. Who are we to judge?

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I play for fun, but I might be biased if I give an answer.

Pou92

People play video games for selfish reasons. If that's their reason to play Kingdom Hearts III then all the more power to them. Who are we to judge?

KH players that doesn't follow the story 100% should stop playing the series imo.

Playing for fun it's weird

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
And with that, Noir left the website KHInsider, having found new meaning. Their time with Kingdom Hearts was a sham, and to avoid being found as a fraud, he left and never looked back.

But no, what even is the Kingdom Hearts story.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mh, this thread gives me unsure feelings.

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Muke

whatever
Awards
No?
No?
No?

People play videogames for various reasons. Some play it for the story, others just for fun and/or for gameplay.
KH players that doesn't follow the story 100% should stop playing the series imo.

Playing for fun it's weird
Why do you care? Do they harm you? Do they affect you?
They still support the series, which is good. Why would anybody want people to stop a videogame just because playing it for fun is… "weird"?

Pou92

No?
No?
No?

People play videogames for various reasons. Some play it for the story, others just for fun and/or for gameplay.
Why do you care? Do they harm you? Do they affect you?
They still support the series, which is good. Why would anybody want people to stop a videogame just because playing it for fun is… "weird"?

If one of your non-KH fans starts playing the series because they find the game fun or like the disney worlds wouldnt you find them weird?

Muke

whatever
Awards
If one of your non-KH fans starts playing the series because they find the game fun or like the disney worlds wouldnt you find them weird?

large.gif

Wat. Why would that be weird?

robotman

I don't think it matters either way. They just want to play the game for whatever reason, there's no need to be elitist about it or anything. It's just a game, I don't really get how anyone playing a game could be considered bad, whether they know a lot about it or don't even know the main characters name. They were intrigued enough to pick it up, so it doesn't matter at all to me.

palizinhas

Awards
I started played KH because I liked Disney. I didn't understand English enough to have a clue of what was going on in the story back then.

I enjoy the story now, but people can play KH for whatever reasons they want to. If they just think the gameplay is fun, cool for them.

Pou92

I don't think it matters either way. They just want to play the game for whatever reason, there's no need to be elitist about it or anything. It's just a game, I don't really get how anyone playing a game could be considered bad, whether they know a lot about it or don't even know the main characters name. They were intrigued enough to pick it up, so it doesn't matter at all to me.

But it isnt playing a game for fun weird?

Muke

whatever
Awards
The only thing you're saying is "but it isn't playing a game for fun weird?", how about you explain why you think so?

And, oh, yes, so weird. How dare people have fun while playing a video game!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
No, no, and no.

First of all, everyone has their reasons for playing the games. Their reasons aren't invalid simply because you apparently think you need to have a serious, life or death attitude when flinging a giant key at adorable monsters alongside a cartoon duck and dog-man-thing who use gelatin to travel to Disney films.

How does having fun, being attracted by it's selling point, and enjoying it's various gameplay over its often terrible writing make them fake fans?

Why would I not want one of my favorites franchises to be supported?

Why would people who like the games be bad for the community?

I would not think it's weird, because that would be stupid.

Are you even listening to yourself?

Last edited:

Pou92

The only thing you're saying is "but it isn't playing a game for fun weird?", how about you explain why you think so?

And, oh, yes, so weird. How dare people have fun while playing a video game!

Eitherway, if you play KH for the fun,disney and gameplay i'd say you're doing wrong.
My friend, played KH for the disney worlds and he was having fun, i don't understand why he is excited for KH3

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not particularly invested in Kingdom Heart's story. I originally played the first game in 2005, but never played COM. Just went straight into II. Since then, those two are the only games I've finished.
I didn't like RECOM. I've not finished BBS fully. Nor have I finished DDD.

I just got into because it looked fun. That's really all there was to it.

ghostwarmen

Awards
I got into KH way back when it was released in 2002 because of Disney. I think that is similar for many people. To this day, while I pay attention to the story and am going to play KH3 to see how it all concludes, I am still mainly playing this for the Disney stuff.

If you're not playing video games to have fun, then why are you playing?

Pou92

Eitherway, if you play KH for the fun,disney and gameplay i'd say you're doing wrong.
My friend, played KH for the disney worlds and he was having fun, i don't understand why he is excited for KH3

My friend says; "Toy Story i'm so hyped!!", but why is he having fun?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Dude you should unfriend him!

My friend says; "Toy Story i'm so hyped!!", but why is he having fun?
giphy.gif

Why can't he have fun?

Me personally, I enjoy KH for both story and gameplay. But I don't go around yelling "if you play videogames for fun, you're weird!!1!"

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
We have a pretty strict "no gatekeeping" policy here. Also not a huge fan of troll topics.

People who like any aspect of the series are valid, if you call yourself a fan - you're a fan. Your opinion doesn't invalidate someone else enjoying the series. Don't let me catch you being a butt about it. Or if you're just joking, there's a whole forum insanity section that doesn't clog up discussion. This thread is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back