• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Guys I'm a bit confused after reading the various posts. If Ansem the Wise was in the realm of Darkness during the time of Birth By Sleep, how was he able to partake in the events of Kingdom Hearts II?

Also, wasn't Sora and Riku in the same place of the realm of Darkness as Aqua was? Why weren't they able to find her (I know they didn't really have a chance to look for her) but also where would she be at the time?

Last edited:

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Guys I'm a bit confused after reading the various posts. If Ansem the Wise was in the realm of Darkness during the time of Birth By Sleep, how was he able to partake in the events of Kingdom Hearts II?

Also, wasn't Sora and Riku in the same place of the realm of Darkness as Aqua was? Why weren't they able to find her (I know they didn't really have a chance to look for her) but also where would she be at the time?

all of these occurences are not at the same time, in the secret ending aqua and ansem the wise were in the RoD in current time not ten years before. sora and riku were there before aqua strolled along. and then they left

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I'm getting some deja vu with this, but anyways...

That scene with Aqua and Ansem in the RoD took place shortly after KH2. Sora and Riku were not in the same place Aqua was; in fact they were separated by the Dark Margin, which separates the Realm of Darkness from the Realm of Inbetween. Aqua was on the RoD side, Sora and Riku were on the RoI side. Also note how large the Realm of Light it. Who's to say that the RoD isn't just as large?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Ok guys, I did a little bit of research to find some of these answers. I think it was the RoD's scenery that had me confused....

Take a look for yourself!
KH2 Ending (English) Stop at 4.00 minutes
[video=youtube;U1PJc_bxFVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1PJc_bxFVE[/video]

Kingdom Hearts; Birth By Sleep Secret Ending Stop at 1 minute
[video=youtube;2vfopKWLyz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfopKWLyz8&feature=related[/video]

Check out the scenery. Don't these spots look very similar?

@KingSoul333, I'm a bit confused at your statement. You are saying current time? Somehow that doesn't make sense, since I find it VERY hard to believe that it took Aqua ten years of wandering in the realm just to find this particular spot.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
@KingSoul333, I'm a bit confused at your statement. You are saying current time? Somehow that doesn't make sense, since I find it VERY hard to believe that it took Aqua ten years of wandering in the realm just to find this particular spot.

Um, the Realm of darkness is MUCH bigger than what we are shown so you can't particularly say how long it would take one to find a certain spot. Plus ROD time is different than real time and ROD time is much slower than our's so 10 years to us may be a couple months in the ROD.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Check out the scenery. Don't these spots look very similar?

Again, I'm saying they were in different places. Where they said that, I honestly don't remember, but regardless, I go by my previous statement.

Let's look at the Realm of Light, which contains many, many worlds. Now let's look at the Realm of Darkness, which from what you're implying, should be absolutely miniscule compared to the RoL. Yeah, if the two were meant to be equal, then it's obviously much larger than what you're saying it is. Plus, going by RoL time, 11+ years have passed. In RoD time, significantly less.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Again, I'm saying they were in different places. Where they said that, I honestly don't remember, but regardless, I go by my previous statement.

Let's look at the Realm of Light, which contains many, many worlds. Now let's look at the Realm of Darkness, which from what you're implying, should be absolutely miniscule compared to the RoL. Yeah, if the two were meant to be equal, then it's obviously much larger than what you're saying it is. Plus, going by RoL time, 11+ years have passed. In RoD time, significantly less.

We never see the Realm of Light. The place you go to with all the worlds is just everything the realm of darkness and realm of light are different places other than where the worlds reside. You don't see any worlds in ROD do you? Plus nobody ever said the ROL was the realm we were in.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
DiZ: To half of Sora, of course. You reside in darkness. What I need is someone who can move about the realm of light and destroy Organization XIII.

Sora: Yeah. The other side...the realm of light is safe now. Kairi, the King, and the others are there.

I'd like to think this implies we've been traveling throughout the RoL in past games.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'd like to think this implies we've been traveling throughout the RoL in past games.

Well it just doesn't make sense to me how a ROL could have worlds while a ROD can't. Granted we haven't seen all of the ROD but if that really is the ROL and all it is would be outer space that wouldn't the ROD also look like outer space? There's not even a sign of life in the ROD aside from Heartless, I just don't see this making sense.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We never see the Realm of Light. The place you go to with all the worlds is just everything the realm of darkness and realm of light are different places other than where the worlds reside. You don't see any worlds in ROD do you? Plus nobody ever said the ROL was the realm we were in.

I'm pretty sure they have said that, actually. This is the Directors Secret Report: Complete Director's Secret Report XIII - Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + Message Board for PlayStation 2 - GameFAQs

It explains a lot.

In any case, the Kingdom Key is for the RoL, and the Inverse Kingdom Key is for the RoD. If the world Sora and the others lived in wasn't the RoL, then why would they have the Kingdom Key?

Well it just doesn't make sense to me how a ROL could have worlds while a ROD can't.

Another thing to think about: The RoL has many worlds inside it, but according to Kairi's grandmother's story, they all used to be one. Maybe it's not so weird for the RoD to be one giant world, then.

my translation of Nana's story said:
Long, long ago, everyone in the world lived in peace, warm light shining upon them. Everyone loved the light. However, everyone wanted the light, and by and by, they began to compete for it. And so, darkness was born in everyone's hearts. The darkness spread and spread, and many hearts and much light was swallowed. The worlds were covered in darkness... and they disappeared. But, little fragments of light remained. It was in the hearts of children, you see. With the power of the fragments of light, the children rebuilt the vanished world. That is our world. But, because the true light was still sleeping deep inside the darkness, the world couldn't be joined as one, and had to be split into many small worlds. But, one day, the door leading to the deepest darkness will definitely be opened, and the light will come back home. Nice, isn't it? Even if you're swallowed into the deepest darkness, there will definitely be light there, and it will help you. And so, you must not lose to the darkness. If you believe in the light within the deepest darkness, your heart will become the light that shines in the dark, and you can make everyone happy.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Another thing to think about: The RoL has many worlds inside it, but according to Kairi's grandmother's story, they all used to be one. Maybe it's not so weird for the RoD to be one giant world, then.

Yes the worlds used to be one giant world before they were separated but if they were scattered everywhere surely they'd scatter EVERYWHERE and not just in the ROL.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes the worlds used to be one giant world before they were separated but if they were scattered everywhere surely they'd scatter EVERYWHERE and not just in the ROL.

They weren't scattered everywhere; the 'children' who rebuilt them didn't have enough light to put the fragments they could make back together. It's still the realm of light, though.

Edit: I made a crappy diagram of what I think happened.

2i7so05.jpg

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
They weren't scattered everywhere; the 'children' who rebuilt them didn't have enough light to put the fragments they could make back together. It's still the realm of light, though.

How do you know? The story never said that. In fact the story symbolizes many things and seems more like a fairy-tale than an actual event. But even in the case that it was true, there's much about the story that is unexplained.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How do you know? The story never said that. In fact the story symbolizes many things and seems more like a fairy-tale than an actual event. But even in the case that it was true, there's much about the story that is unexplained.

It does say that. This is my translation of the bbs version of Kairi's grandma's story:

Long, long ago, everyone in the world lived in peace, warm light shining upon them. Everyone loved the light. However, everyone wanted the light, and by and by, they began to compete for it. And so, darkness was born in everyone's hearts. The darkness spread and spread, and many hearts and much light was swallowed. The worlds were covered in darkness... and they disappeared. But, little fragments of light remained. It was in the hearts of children, you see. With the power of the fragments of light, the children rebuilt the vanished world. That is our world. But, because the true light was still sleeping deep inside the darkness, the world couldn't be joined as one, and had to be split into many small worlds. But, one day, the door leading to the deepest darkness will definitely be opened, and the light will come back home. Nice, isn't it? Even if you're swallowed into the deepest darkness, there will definitely be light there, and it will help you. And so, you must not lose to the darkness. If you believe in the light within the deepest darkness, your heart will become the light that shines in the dark, and you can make everyone happy.

Hence (reposting in case you missed the edit for this, too)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The fact that this extra part was added on for BBS makes it stand out to me. I'm sure it has a point.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It does say that. This is my translation of the bbs version of Kairi's grandma's story:

Hence (reposting in case you missed the edit for this, too)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The fact that this extra part was added on for BBS makes it stand out to me. I'm sure it has a point.

That doesn't say that the realm of darkness shouldn't have worlds. It only said the children built many other worlds, that's all. Didn't say there was a specific location. And it also says there was still darkness so who's to say the ROD shouldn't have worlds?

Plus the tale doesn't even seem like something that should be taken literally like many of you are, it's more of a story filled with symbolism. I mean, do you really believe little children got a hammer and started literally building worlds? No. And in all honesty, the whole thing looks like smybolism and imagery, which is why I can't take the tale seriously.

I'm certain the story has a point, I never said it was pointless, but I'm saying that it shouldn't be taken literally or taken as complete truth.

Riku191

i wonder what would have happened if aqua didnt dive in to save terra's body after you beat him and let him fall (if it was me i personally wouldnt have done it knowing hes possed and such) and if she didnt it would have solved the nobody episode i suppose cause the apprentice wouldnt have done those experiments

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
i wonder what would have happened if aqua didnt dive in to save terra's body after you beat him and let him fall (if it was me i personally wouldnt have done it knowing hes possed and such) and if she didnt it would have solved the nobody episode i suppose cause the apprentice wouldnt have done those experiments

If she didn't then the entire KH series would've had absolutely nothing happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back