• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That doesn't say that the realm of darkness shouldn't have worlds. It only said the children built many other worlds, that's all.

It doesn't say it can't, but it does say this:
1. In it's natural normal state, a 'realm' is one giant world
2. To have many separate worlds, it involves that one world shattering

This implies that if nothing has happened to it, it is perfectly natural for the RoD to be one giant world. The many worlds in the RoL is an anomaly caused by having being destroyed long ago.

Didn't say there was a specific location.

No, but Nomura has said there is. Nomura said that the two realms lie on top of each other like disks, with the in-between realms like CO and Yen Sid's tower like stairs between them. This means that the worlds in the RoL are simply that; pieces of the old world floating inside the RoL, with big gaps between them, which is where you fly your gummy ship.

Plus the tale doesn't even seem like something that should be taken literally like many of you are, it's more of a story filled with symbolism. I mean, do you really believe little children got a hammer and started literally building worlds? No. And in all honesty, the whole thing looks like smybolism and imagery, which is why I can't take the tale seriously.

Can you really believe a little child got a giant magical key that shoots beams of light and went flying around the universe in a ship made of candy?

Think about when the worlds got destroyed during KH1. Did Simba have to go around with a hammer to fix his world? What about Beast and Belle, did they fix their broken worlds with hammers...? No, light just magically fixed them. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that the power of light in children's hearts could fix a world. This is friggen Kingdom Hearts, metaphors and imagery are often actually real. Shadows, keys, heartless...

I'm certain the story has a point, I never said it was pointless, but I'm saying that it shouldn't be taken literally or taken as complete truth.

Well, it's the only information we've been given at this point, and it's been repeated twice. The second time they repeated it had extra more detailed information and was in the very latest game to have been released, so I think there's more to it than you assume.

Nomura might have said long ago that it wasn't to be taken literally, but this is the man who retconned Xion that went against a lot of his KH2-era quotes.

Aquaman OS

i wonder what would have happened if aqua didnt dive in to save terra's body after you beat him and let him fall (if it was me i personally wouldnt have done it knowing hes possed and such) and if she didnt it would have solved the nobody episode i suppose cause the apprentice wouldnt have done those experiments

Aqua would have still been around and might have backtracked to Destiny Islands to take Sora and Riku has her apprentices to raise as Keyblade users. Meanwhile Ansem still would have started his darkness experiments in order to protect his kingdom and although Xehanort wouldn't have been around to keep it going, Braig could have, and even if he didn't it still might have been enough to send the Heartless out of control although the worlds would not be at risk of being eaten by them because the barriers wouldn't have been weaken by opening the door.

So basically by KH 1 Sora and Riku would have been totally different people raised as Keyblade warriors and would have never met Kairi, who would have never left Raidant Garden. The Heartless might be causing trouble but couldn't eat worlds, and Maleficent might have been messing around.

So things would still be troubled just not quite as badly.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
goldplanner said:
Nomura might have said long ago that it wasn't to be taken literally, but this is the man who retconned Xion that went against a lot of his KH2-era quotes.
Retconned Xion? I have no idea what you're talking about because I don't see the story changing that much dramatically from 358/2 days (other than making me hate Namine even more than I already did)

Either way, you can think what you want but I for one won't take the story literally. And I highly doubt we're ever going to get an answer to this soon and if we ever do I highly doubt it'll be explained within the Xehanort chronicles.

And now I'm going to stop with this comment because it is off-topic.

CGNET

Wow. I think everyone is getting confused here.
The subject is changing quickly. xD

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Retconned Xion? I have no idea what you're talking about because I don't see the story changing that much dramatically from 358/2 days (other than making me hate Namine even more than I already did)

I mean how there was no hint of her before Days was put into production, and Nomura said a lot of things in the KH2 Ultimania that prove she wasn't part of the plan at all. However, things said in interviews often get changed. Xion existing, the Heartless not being in BBS... I'm sure the people who complain about this a lot could give more examples... but you get the picture. He may have said the story was a symbolic fairytale, but there's nothing in the canon of the games themselves to disprove anything they've said yet, and that's all we can really count on when it comes to Nomura.

Either way, you can think what you want but I for one won't take the story literally. And I highly doubt we're ever going to get an answer to this soon and if we ever do I highly doubt it'll be explained within the Xehanort chronicles.

Well, I think it would be better to keep an open mind to new pieces of information, but it's your call.

And now I'm going to stop with this comment because it is off-topic.

Well, the original debate was about whether there are several worlds in the RoD or just one, which related to where Aqua is and whether she will be saved.

I think the RoD is one giant world, like the story says the RoL used to be before it was destroyed. I dunno about what this means for Aqua's saving though. Maybe Sora will have to search it...?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
On the issue of the Fairy Tale. Nomura said way back after KH2 or KH1 that the Fairy Tale is a story that is based on history, but that the Fairy Tale itself is not meant to be taken literaly.

If you read MX's description of how the Keyblade War began, it matches almost perfectly to Kairi's Grandmother's story.

In other words, the Grandmother's story is a fairy tale that is based on the events of the keyblade war, but it's not an actual historic description. It's basicaly a myth based on true history, the tale of the Keyblade War.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
On the issue of the Fairy Tale. Nomura said way back after KH2 or KH1 that the Fairy Tale is a story that is based on history, but that the Fairy Tale itself is not meant to be taken literaly.

If you read MX's description of how the Keyblade War began, it matches almost perfectly to Kairi's Grandmother's story.

In other words, the Grandmother's story is a fairy tale that is based on the events of the keyblade war, but it's not an actual historic description. It's basicaly a myth based on true history, the tale of the Keyblade War.

That's exactly what I thought as well... I always felt the Keyblade War and tale have a connection but I don't believe the tale to be 100% true especially with an event that happened so long ago.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would still explain why it's natural for the RoD to be one giant world, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back