• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Viz Media or TokyoPop

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which One You Read From

• VizMedia books

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • TokyoPop books

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I own mostly Viz products, because they print out the works by my favorite manga-ka: Yuu Watase.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
Well...I´ve read Tokyo-pop, but I don´t think that I´ve read any Viz... But for me the best translated manga is Negima, translated by DelRay. DelRay does a really good job on translating, they even hae notes in the end of the books on translations and other things that helps to understand jokes and meaning...just saying...

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
It's not a matter of which company for me, it's a matter of which manga. Personally, I prefer the way ViZ does things, because they translate the sound effects. I think that Tokyopop's bit about 'giving the reader the experience the author wanted' is a BS way of saying 'we're LAZY'. I mean, the author actually wanted their readers to be able to understand what's happening in terms of SFX.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
ViZ and Tokyo both suck. .__.

They can't translate for...[censored word inserted here].

I choose none, I have a lot of Tokyo Pop mangas and *twitch* ViZ ones, so it's even. I prefer ADV and Del-Rey. xP

Epilogue

killjoy princess
ADV should of grabbed Bleach, Shaman King, Beyblade, DBZ and Naruto before ViZ did, but nooo .__..

Scanlations <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back