• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus a dreameater?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We've seen how they are physically stripped from Terra and Aqua, but I'm wondering why the armor and Ventus are separated in the first place. Aqua's magic sent her set into the RoL, and Terra's "mind" bound his armor back together. Ven's armor ends up following his heart into Sora's - is this a defense mechanism?

As for the possibility of Ven being a dreameater, I don't think we should categorize him as such just yet. Vanitas could imbue Unversed and had the symbol on his sentiment, but he was just the darkness (not negativity) extracted from Ven's heart, not an Unversed himself.

To stray a bit off-topic with you guys. If Eraqus did indeed take refuge in Terra's heart, then there would be a possibility of Xemnas having access to his sacred knowledge, that which he taught Aqua, thus allowing Xemnas to mimic a chamber.

That would only hold true though if the armor is that closely tied to the heart. The last time we saw Ven's "physical" armor was when Mickey found his comatose body drifting in the Lanes between holding hands with Aqua.
All subsequent scenes have Ven in his civil appearance.
We do see Ven's heart (I assume) donning his regular armor though lying apparently unconscious on Sora's awakening platform in that same trailer, so it may be actually possible that Ven somehow used the armor in order to try to defend his own heart and/or Sora's from something.

I also won't designate that blackened armor as Ventus himself, as we see him in his normal armor shortly afterwards. Yet that thing having the form of his armor already proves that it is related to him.
I already said what I think of that two times earlier so I won't repeat it a third time.

---

Now that you say it, this would make sense if Xemnas had somehow access to Eraqus's memories.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
It's Ven's dream armor. I think that is how Ven sees himself. Ven's actual armor is with Ven.

Lars

Maybe it's a dreameater pretending Ventus, like they did with pinocchio

206d3du.png

Xking

Y'know, that's actually a decent idea too.
Also a possibility to keep in mind.
True that may be but how would any of the nightmares know about ventus at all in the 1st place i mean its been years since anyone besides a couple of ppl have even seen or known about him until now

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
True that may be but how would any of the nightmares know about ventus at all in the 1st place i mean its been years since anyone besides a couple of ppl have even seen or known about him until now

Well, Ventus's heart is asleep for over ten years now in order to bear the wounds the destruction of the X-blade has inflicted on his heart, which are worse than the injury inflicted when Vanitas was born.
This, combined with not even knowing what became of Terra and Aqua, if his sacrifice actually helped them or not adding much emotional and mental pain to him, don't you think that would be enough material for some pretty harsh nightmares?
Nightmares which can feed and grow on Ven's sadness and pain, becoming stronger in the process.

Nightmares may not need to know, they can simply be created by so much negative feelings around, especially if we go by the premise that Ven may be dreaming a lot while sleeping for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back