• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Various Sources Confirm: KH3 will have English and Japanese Audio Only

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZX

Awards
Would probably get a language update later in the year

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can't they just add the European audio dubbing as free DLC down the line? The demand is clearly there, I think it's just a scheduling issue more than anything else.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Can't they just add the European audio dubbing as free DLC down the line? The demand is clearly there, I think it's just a scheduling issue more than anything else.

I feel like it could be money as well, if every character is voiced, dubbing them all in multiple languages would presumably rack up in price? At least if they want to pay their workers well anyway, which they should lol. Maybe I am underestimating the game's budget though.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I really hope the Japanese version comes with English as well...

Or that they allow us to swap around audio and text options. I get tired of having to order two copies of each game because I like to hear both. My KH display shelf is...crowded to say the least.

I simply cannot choose between them. I first played the game in English, so there is the nostalgia factor and wanting to finish it with the "original cast" per say.

But...Miyu is my one true love and honestly, does a much better job with Sora imo. So hrm...

Skaa

Sorry for those who been expecting their language to be dubbed for 3, but English and Japanese are the two only origianl and official audio for the game since the beginning.

My 1st language is not English but since I've played all the titles in English so far the language and voices themselves have become so natural and proper for characters. If Kh was a game like FFXV where its originally JP game then I'd prefer JP dub but this is KH. English is not just another option other than Japanese but I think it might be more fitting than JP.

And usually dubs other than the origianl languages arent that good so I don't get why some people are so mad for this. +Considering the time and effort they'd put for multi language dubbing, I think this is just right.

Ps. Maybe switching between two languages would be awsome, but that would mean they have to put 2 different lip-synching in a game so its okay

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I really hope the Japanese version comes with English as well...

Or that they allow us to swap around audio and text options. I get tired of having to order two copies of each game because I like to hear both. My KH display shelf is...crowded to say the least.

I simply cannot choose between them. I first played the game in English, so there is the nostalgia factor and wanting to finish it with the "original cast" per say.

But...Miyu is my one true love and honestly, does a much better job with Sora imo. So hrm...

If this happened, the hardcore English-speaking fans would buy the Japanese version on January 25th, and just change the audio options. Though it would be nice to not have to buy the game twice just because Japan gets the damn game early and my obsessive nature will betray me if I attempt to go four days avoiding spoilers.

Enturax

Awards
Boo hoo hoo, welcome to the world of a not popular language native speakers! :redface:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Boo hoo hoo, welcome to the world of a not popular language native speakers! :redface:

Seems a bit of a mean-spirited thing to say. The game was never going to come out in my own language either, but I still think it's a shame others won't get it either.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
A real shame, but given the amount of money that would be put in to the massive scale of voice work in this one, I'm not really surprised either.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
I would be legitimately surprised if we even get dual audio in the West considering all the red tape around licensing Disney’s Japanese talent

On topic, I feel for everyone not getting their dub. The European dubs of 1&2 were fantastic

Oddmania

This is is extremely disappointing. Major bummer. The fact that Final Fantasy XV was fully localized had got my hopes up. I don't really understand Square Enix's decision.

Last edited:

Laemia

Hello ! I'm a french fan of the KH games. The european fans learnt a few days ago that we won't have any dub in our languages. Since then, we tried to peacefully make Square change their minds.

We have a petition going on here : https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-european-dub-for-khiii
We also have a hashtag on twitter where we try to make our voice heard : #EUdubbingforKH3

If you would like to help us spread the word and reach Square Enix, it would be amazing !

And for those that fear the game would be delayed if we win : don't worry ! It doesn't take this long to dub a game. And they could just add a DLC for voice acting instead of delaying it, so you won't lose anything. If we manage to have european dubbing, it's a win-win situation !

Thank you so much for reading, and thanks for the article !

bagcifreak

Sorry for pulling out this old thread but in the past few weeks I have noticed that even a lot of niche or less popular AAA titles have 4-6 different dubs which makes me wonder how they can have the budget to do so but Kingdom Hearts can't.

I was going to play the game anyways but considering they're also targeting a younger audience with the game I don't understand why they wouldn't dub it. My 12 years old cousin was actually looking forward to the game until I told him it won't be dubbed and (just like the majority) he doesn't like reading subtitles even though his english isn't too bad for his age. I'm assuming the main reason why they didn't bother making more dubs is because of the large variety of characters and the expectation of people to hear authentic voices for all the Disney characters and that would probably all cost a lot more than dubbing a game like Darksiders 3.

Has there even been a case where a game received dubs through an update after the release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back