• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas's voice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hense90

I wonder why Vanitas's voice sounds like Sora even BEFORE Ventus connects with Sora's heart... Nomura has explained in an interview that Vanitas looks like Sora because Sora's heart connected with Ventus and if any other person connected with him Vanitas would have looked like that person instead. And that of course also explains why he has Sora's voice.

But in the cutscene where Master Xehanort creates Vanitas we can hear that he has Sora's voice already at that time. How will Nomura explain that?

Edit: Sorry I know I should have started this thread in the handheld section. I apologise...

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Quite simply, laziness. I guess they couldn't bother to hire a new voice actor for only one line...Come to think of it, though, having Ven's voice actor voice Vanitas before the connection could have made more sense, assuming Ven had some influence over Van's appearance.

blackberi

I read somewhere that Miyu Irino (Sora's Jap VA) wanted an evil role and jokingly told Nomura about it. Guess Nomura ended up complying with him after all. LOL.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I read somewhere that Miyu Irino (Sora's Jap VA) wanted an evil role and jokingly told Nomura about it. Guess Nomura ended up complying with him after all. LOL.

He actually wasn't joking. Irino's been wanting to play a villain since the beginning.

Radar

Bronze Member
I wonder why Vanitas's voice sounds like Sora even BEFORE Ventus connects with Sora's heart... Nomura has explained in an interview that Vanitas looks like Sora because Sora's heart connected with Ventus and if any other person connected with him Vanitas would have looked like that person instead. And that of course also explains why he has Sora's voice.

But in the cutscene where Master Xehanort creates Vanitas we can hear that he has Sora's voice already at that time. How will Nomura explain that?

Edit: Sorry I know I should have started this thread in the handheld section. I apologise...
I would not think that much into it, man.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Really? I guess HJO got the raw end of the deal on that one.

Maybe after all those years of playing protagonists, he's also had a secret desire to be a villain 8D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Really? I guess HJO got the raw end of the deal on that one.

I doubt it. Since Birth by Sleep i have been imagining Haley Joel Osment getting drunk, wearing Vanitas armor, having a metal Void Gear mock-up, and terrorizing Los Angeles, Square Enix, and murdering paparazzi. But thats just me.

edit: Two-in-one quotes for the same person, weird.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure HJO had fun playing Vani instead of Sora. He sounded like he enjoyed it. XD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hey, I want to be a villain just so I can use my nearly perfected "Mwa ha ha ha ha!" laugh, but we can't all be lucky like the Japanese.

Lucky? They have more volcanic eruptions than anywhere else in the world, the innocent Japanese became prisoners of war during World War II, and there was this one crazy guy who killed like, thirty Japanese people, with a knife. Wait a second, Americans couldn't do that, could they? I so want to go to Japan.....

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Either a plot hole or just plain lazyness. Nothing to really worry about regardless.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Either a plot hole or just plain lazyness. Nothing to really worry about regardless.

^This. Pretty much this.

Off-Topic: Nice Signature, Ruran. It sure is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back