• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas insides?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

boo_shoe2000

So, I did a look up in the internet and found out the meaning of Vanitas in Latin. It actualy means emptiness......so I came up with something about Vanitas. "He's just a walking armor." Maybe there's nothing inside of him and Master Xehanort is only controlling the armor to look like he has an apprentice and trick Ven(whom I think Vanitas is closely associated/talking with) that Terra has gone like him, obsessed with the darkness.

This is just a theory though, and i would like to find out if somebody here is also thinking like me.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
then how is the "armor" able to talk? hmmm? =/

Pratiko

Awards
[SIZE=-1]Vanitas[SIZE=+1] - Latin for vanity, refers to a type of still life consisting of a collection of objects that symbolize death — the brevity of human life and the transience of earthly pleasures and achievements (e.g., a human skull, a mirror, and broken pottery).

Emptyness? Where?

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Talys Alankil

So, I did a look up in the internet and found out the meaning of Vanitas in Latin. It actualy means emptiness......so I came up with something about Vanitas. "He's just a walking armor." Maybe there's nothing inside of him and Master Xehanort is only controlling the armor to look like he has an apprentice and trick Ven(whom I think Vanitas is closely associated/talking with) that Terra has gone like him, obsessed with the darkness.

This is just a theory though, and i would like to find out if somebody here is also thinking like me.
Taken from Gaffiot, Latin-to-French dictionary and translated to English
Vanitas :
-State of emptiness, non-reality
-Vain appearance, lie, flattery (when connected to the idea of speaking)
-Vanity, frivolity, uselessness
-Showing off (I don't like my translation, but it's the best I can think of)
So well, the first being the original meaning, it could be your theory's right. But don't judge that word too quickly. It could simply mean he used too much the power of darkness / the power of his Keyblade for personal purposes (implying frivolity).

A

Audo

[SIZE=-1]Vanitas[SIZE=+1] - Latin for vanity, refers to a type of still life consisting of a collection of objects that symbolize death — the brevity of human life and the transience of earthly pleasures and achievements (e.g., a human skull, a mirror, and broken pottery).

Emptyness? Where?

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

lol your description is for the art style known as "Vanitas".
the word Vanitas means emptiness. and it's where the word vanity comes from.

Pratiko

Awards
lol your description is for the art style known as "Vanitas".
the word Vanitas means emptiness. and it's where the word vanity comes from.
Oh well, everybody makes mistakes <.<

Yuuki

doesn't "controlled by master xehanort" mean anything to you?
so now MX is a puppet master XD
incredible!!!!!

Yuuki

yeah, i just said that....or meant that.
i see =/
dont like the theory...
vanitas has connections to riku and stuff and it would be stupid if he ended up being a puppet >.<

Yuuki

Maybe he's an empty vessel but not literally empty

idk XD

I knew Vanitas had to mean something xD
maybe he gave himself to darkness and lost his true self or something.

that would make him empty XD

Yuuki

i think MX planted darkness in his heart and it eroded away at it and that was his mistake
yeah and he became over power and now he cant stop him so he needs terra or ven's help to destroy him >.<

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I don't think he's an empty suit, I'm not really up for him being an empty shell... Wait, that sounds like a nobody. Uh... o.o

If anything, Vanitas in my mind is some possessed human figure. Be him possessed against or with his will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back