• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas As A Vessel Proof From Secret Ending?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmkblaster1

The secret ending of the big showdown betweeen terra, aqua, and ventus... xehbort is walking slowly and another version of himself is walking with him and turns into vanitas... does that mean vanitas is confirmed a vessel and returning in kingdom hearts 3. Because the true goal of organization 13 is to have 13 xehanorts and it shows in that scene that vanitas first appears as an exact replica of Xehanort... unless those details in the secret ending aren't cannon, because that doesn't happen in the actual game. What does everyone think?

TheDemonCT

The secret ending in kh2 final mix? Yeah, that's canon. The scene was put into birth by sleep. It hasn't been officially confirmed about vanitas being a seeker, but there are some hints. His keychain is shown as one of the chest pieces in the kh3 trailers. Plus it's been said that anyone who shares a piece of xehanort's heart, has golden eyes just like him. I'm pretty sure he's one of the seekers, they probably didn't want to reveal it in Dream drop distance.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The secret ending in kh2 final mix? Yeah, that's canon. The scene was put into birth by sleep. It hasn't been officially confirmed about vanitas being a seeker, but there are some hints. His keychain is shown as one of the chest pieces in the kh3 trailers. Plus it's been said that anyone who shares a piece of xehanort's heart, has golden eyes just like him. I'm pretty sure he's one of the seekers, they probably didn't want to reveal it in Dream drop distance.

No, just like Deep Dive secret ending is not canon, its concept/ideas. What we see in BBS IS canon.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
wasn't deep dive kind of canon though, because it happend in 358/2 days
The secret endings from those days are proofs of concept, if they made it into the final games it means they carried weight, not that the entire things is supposed to be held up in the canon as a focal point.

TheDemonCT

No, just like Deep Dive secret ending is not canon, its concept/ideas. What we see in BBS IS canon.

Uh I was talking about the secret video "Birth by Sleep", the scene that also appears in Bbs. It came out with kh2 final mix. What did you think I was talking about?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Uh I was talking about the secret video "Birth by Sleep", the scene that also appears in Bbs. It came out with kh2 final mix. What did you think I was talking about?

I knew what you meant. I was bringing up another example. Both Deep Dive and Kingdom Hearts 2's secret ending are not canon but proof of concepts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yes, and only the version of the scene that is in the actual BBS game is canon, not the concept video from KH 2 FM.

In the actual game BBS Vanitas and Xehanort come marching forward side by side, no warping or "two" Xehanort's involved.

Regardless if it is the "Birth by Sleep" secret ending, Deep Dive or whatever, the "video"-variant always has differences to the actual events depicted inside the actual games.
Only the game-version of each of those scenes is canon and any discrepancies shown only in the video (like i.e. Ventus being left-handed, his Keyblade shattering when he falls from the cliff etc.) is non-canon.
In the Deep Dive-video Roxas is also depicted having a golden eye, something which never happened in actual canon, that's why these are concept videos and teasers.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Dream Drop Distance was released in 2012, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix was released in 2006, clearly, the secret ending was conceptual but was a good enough concept to carry on for future installments.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that Vanitas will be a Xehanort, I just don't feel as though that this is the validation to prove it.

Vmkblaster1

Dream Drop Distance was released in 2012, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix was released in 2006, clearly, the secret ending was conceptual but was a good enough concept to carry on for future installments.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that Vanitas will be a Xehanort, I just don't feel as though that this is the validation to prove it.

Yeah you are right... it just seemed suspicious when I watched it... I hope vanitas is a vessel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back