• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Untitled Project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
The swearing (shithole) wasn't necessary. It made it seem poorly written. Replace it. Now.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
How does the swearing seem unecessary? It conveys a sense of anger and frustration, and above all disgust at what he's seeing. It might be a bit colloqueal (lol spelling), but there's nothing inherantly wrong with it.

And damn, this is a lot of exposition. You tell way too much, but don't show enough. The narrative style you used for the prologue really does make that impossible, too. So, uh, on first glance, my only real suggestion is to drop this whole section, and rewrite it with some actual action. Find a better way to convey Notorious's backstory than by having him tell us all flat out. Maybe find a way for him to bring it up in conversation with a character or something.

Honky Sam

lol sup
Awards
This is just the prologue of the God himself. The actual story is going to be about a group of people trying to survive while the chaos is going on, with some minor changes into Notorious's side.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Ahh, I see.

I'm still not a big fan of the narrative style, but it makes much more sense to use it in that situation.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
To be honest.

I agree with Noo Monkey. Poorly written, don't like the narrative style.

" I regained all the abilities I had lost since reincarnation."
do you mean when he was born? it got me alittle confused right there.

I say: focus more on his past first, (be more detailed) and then start focusing on what's going to happen with everybody else.

this story is really confusing. be more detailed.

Awards
Still short, but I'm enjoying it. I personally feel the narrative style is fairly enjoyable and this is just a prologue, so any complaints I would have normally about it are excused. And the swearing bit doesn't really make it seem poorly written. Like Kid A said, it conveys his disgust and with a little more 'omph' then just 'smelly hole'. :D

But yeah, a little too short. Keep writing.

I thought the profanity suited the situation. You didn't have to change it. Also the death count was an awesome idea! Nice work Sam, look forward to chapter two.

Awards
It's amazing how one can misunderstand what I'm trying to say.
By the swearing not being necessary, I meant to say (wonder why I didn't just say it in the first place) it didn't sound natural where it was. The fact it was one word, and 'shithole' is not a word, made it seem poorly written (in that one place, the rest was fine). I would have tried something more descriptive, like 'shit-ridden hovel of a world'.

I'ma go read Chapter One now...

Awards
Second half is decent. Some work could be done, but I can't really pick out anything at the moment. You've filled in the spaces that caused the writing style problems, so now that's less apparent.

Keep writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back