• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

United States of Tara

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
6qa0xf.jpg

United States of Tara is an American television comedy-drama created by Diablo Cody, which began airing on Showtime in 2009. The series follows the life of Tara (Toni Collette), a suburban housewife and mother coping with dissociative identity disorder.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I just needed a place to talk about how disappointed I am that they killed off Lionel.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Sad they cancelled the show.
Also Tara's son is my spirit animal. He's who I want to be.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I wasn't crazy surprised, though; season two was arguably underwhelming and it's only gotten worse (and more convoluted) since. A few really good moments doesn't sell a show, unfortunately, no matter the potential. :C

And can I just say that I think Tara herself is kind of a shitty character? When she said she was tired of being the least interesting personality, I couldn't help but think "No; just the most annoying." I swear she made some of the most arbitrary bonking decisions this season.

I'm pretty much in love with everyone else, though (including the alters, but excluding Bryce, who is stupid; and Moosh's annoying new boyfriend just doesn't count).

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I was very, very happy with that ending. C:

padlock

Awards
Turn Turn Turn! I am so excited you made this thread I love this show and I was so upset to see it go ;_; I didn't get to see Season 1, I only started watching at the start of season 2 and now it is gone.. although they thankfully gave it a logical ending... if there was a cliffhanger I would have been rather pissed.

Marshall Gregson is amazing, and I agree that Noah was stupid >___> (Although he was Cute. Just like Lionel was ;_;) Ahhhh.... I know that the plot go soo erzatz at the end but I have to admit I did love Princess Valhalla Hawkwind C: I know the Crtics thought Kate was the most Useless Character (after Charmaine) but I have to say I loved all of Kate's antics. As well as all of the men she got with over the three seasons :D. yup yup yup. That series finale was like... having.. a friend leave school. You still have other friends to go back to, and you will probably forget them over time but it still sucks, and you hope to one day see them again.

Oh and also I have to add that I can't hate Tara as i think that Toni Collette is an amazing actor, but I definitely get your point. Also fuck you bryce Kraine :)

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
<3

I love Kate and Charmaine, so the critics can go bonk themselves. Kate, particularly, was a totally necessary distraction to Tara's story (Charmaine was just a fun complication). And I def agree that Collette is amazing—it's just Tara herself that wasn't as likable as she probably should've been, especially given that the audience was always expected to sympathize/empathize. It had nothing to do with the acting and everything to do with the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back