• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Uniforms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
proud to say its not in my state!

uniforms have both pros and cons, and i see good in having and not having them

but i like being able to express myself through wat i wear or dont wear, individuality is important

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Private schools around here have school uniforms. Nothing like that in public schools though that I know of. However there is a dress code that's "strictly" enforced.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well there is one public school that has uniforms but mainly because no one knew how to keep their pants up. Otherwise there was alot of talk while i was still in High School about switching to school to uniforms but they said it really wouldnt work for the school system and didnt bother with it anymore.

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
Down here almost every school has uniforms. I'd rather just have casual dress, but I don't really mind the uniforms that much. It kinda annoys me how strict some of the teachers at my school are about uniform, though.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Most if not all of the schools here require uniform. It gets quite irritating and stuff but eh... You get used to it, I guess and I've only got a week left of school before its all over. >_<

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Every school in Australia has a uniform policy. Personally, I've had no issue with it.

This expression of individuality is bullshit. Everyone ends up looking the same anyway, no matter what clique you're in.

And you can still be an "individual" and wear a uniform. But since you're wearing the same thing as everyone else, there's less to be judged on visually and therefore people have to know you to get an opinion of you.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

I dont mind uniforms really. Of course im actually graduating before that epidemic ever takes place there

W00T

Awards
We wear horrible shoddy uniforms made by an obviously inexperienced line of monkey people. Seriously, the pants aren't even lined. THE PANTS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! And the stitching comes undone within a week of purchase.

But on the bright side, if we stay for a 5th year of high school, we get to wear NOT UNIFORMS!!! Well, until we finish less than halfway through the last term. Exams and such. Like we're really spending 6 weeks studying.

Stupid NCEA people (*exaggerated whisper* That's the exam guys where I live).

Then again, at least I don't have to see a certain fat person who appears to be a female at first glance wearing a sky blue woman's cardigan everyday.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Stupid NCEA people

ohshit NZ. If I remember correctly from my experience (or should I say nightmare?) of living there, you guys have to wear shirt, shorts and sandals lol.

Now you know how we feel ...
Badly fitted blazers don't do much for my figure - I'd like a tighter one :/

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;
In Germany, things like school uniforms aren't really too common, but in my school they sell clothing made by them containing the name and logo of the school on it.

However, only the younger ones in our high school are really told to wear them. I feel so sorry for the poor kiddies...

CtR

And you can still be an "individual" and wear a uniform. But since you're wearing the same thing as everyone else, there's less to be judged on visually and therefore people have to know you to get an opinion of you.

QFT

Except for when I was in infant school, every school I have been too has had a uniform, like Stooge says, having a uniform means that people have to know you before they can judge you. Having uniforms puts everyone at a more or less equal footing, I like that aspect of it. True my college doesn't have a uniform, but then I can't think of any that do other than the very top ones.

Wearing uniform never really bothered me :/ but then I wasn't at school for the fashion xD I was there to learn =p besides outside of school you can wear what you want :3

Also, accessories are your friend <3

Awards
ohshit NZ. If I remember correctly from my experience (or should I say nightmare?) of living there, you guys have to wear shirt, shorts and sandals lol.

Now you know how we feel ...
Badly fitted blazers don't do much for my figure - I'd like a tighter one :/

I wear shirt, pants and shoes. Only other thing I ever wear is a jacket on incredibly cold or wet days.

I don't mind living here. I'm used to the neglect.

And if I ever follow my dreams as all those people at our school keep telling us, I wont be living anywhere near New Zealand in the future.

Awards
Every school in Australia has a uniform policy. Personally, I've had no issue with it.

This expression of individuality is bullshit. Everyone ends up looking the same anyway, no matter what clique you're in.

My issue with wearing uniforms has nothing to do with trying to create the illusion of individuality by looking like everybody else.

Rather, I don't want the hundreds or thousands of dollars I've invested into clothing to go to waste. If I'm wearing khaki pants and a sweater vest five out of seven days a week, I probably don't have a lot of use for the twenty-some pairs of jeans in my closet.

In other words, the school system is putting me into a position where I'm forced to waste my money and my resources, and I don't like that.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Eh, uniforms aren't that bad. At my school it's just a polo, khakis and shoes.

And the faculty isn't strict about it at all...just the Deens.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I used to go to a school that had a uniform.... semi-casual pants, collared shirt, and jacket. It was hell.
I hated it so much.

Luckily, here in NYC if you go to a public school you can pretty much wear whatever you want.
Which is just one of the reasons why I switched to public school =D

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Uniform exist only for religious and some private school in France. Being given I have never been in those, I can't judge, but at what I saw, some people found it annoying (mainly because the uniform is bad).

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Uniform exist only for religious and some private school in France.

Well, that's totally biased. Not all religious schools have a school uniform. Most of my Jewish friends go to a Jewish school and that school doesn't have a uniform. My cousin goes to a school that was founded by the Jehovah Witness faith, and they don't have a school uniform.

Anyway, I love my school uniform, and so does everyone else at my school especially when we have warm-weather dress code and are allowed to wear khaki shorts, a tee shirt with our school's logo somewhere on it, and gym shoes.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Rather, I don't want the hundreds or thousands of dollars I've invested into clothing to go to waste. If I'm wearing khaki pants and a sweater vest five out of seven days a week, I probably don't have a lot of use for the twenty-some pairs of jeans in my closet.

In other words, the school system is putting me into a position where I'm forced to waste my money and my resources, and I don't like that.

My exact thoughts. Heck, I wish we could wear uniforms here.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
We have no school uniforms, at least in our public schools. However I did have uniforms in my public elementary school o_O
We just have a dress code...barely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back