• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Closed Trust is [NOT] Resolute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Deimos

Awards
Posted. Shorter than I would like, but I'm giving myself a brief break.

Great posts by skitty and lumine as well as Dari. Any word on Hazen?

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I am here. I'll try to decide on a spot if the list is up to date.

Spots #8 and #7 are open. I'll be editing the first page. Chromatic is working on a template for #10 I just received an update from him just yesterday.

I realize no one has inquired about any other positions so far, but I am taking and holding #5 for myself, considering it's been long enough and I really don't want to see this one go to waste. It is admittedly one of the harder templates to create a resolve for and not be somewhat overbearingly vague and overpowered in some way or another, you'll see it done right very shortly.

Deimos

Awards
Normally I don't do this in roleplays, because I would prefer that everyone only commit to one.

Have you considered a cut off point in making the remaining NPCs similar to Luxu in the event no one is able to meet expectations of deadlines with templates let alone post? I personally don't care about exceptions if the GMs are making characters to fill, thats completely fine, it is your brainchild and I respect that, but it's just a thought.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Normally I don't do this in roleplays, because I would prefer that everyone only commit to one.

Have you considered a cut off point in making the remaining NPCs similar to Luxu in the event no one is able to meet expectations of deadlines with templates let alone post? I personally don't care about exceptions if the GMs are making characters to fill, thats completely fine, it is your brainchild and I respect that, but it's just a thought.

The thing is, we've had people so far fall behind the eight ball with the deadlines and go full-on radio silence. If I make the decision to create a character that has a specific impact from their position, thats a GM decision pretty much. I had every intention of making the remaining that went unfilled into NPCs to stay the path I set for the cast. It sucks, because there is a polarity sub-theme, in meeting the casts counterparts that I can't even do without 11 solid role-players filled into the roles, and I don't want duplicates by the same role-player for that reason :/

It sucks that I have to somewhat abandon that idea and just work off what we have.

also, Pierce, post man lol.

A lot of underlining themes:

Hard trusting other resolutes
Struggling to remember
Seeking your counterpart out (refer to the PMs that I initially sent all approved templates)
The Temptation & Ignorance of the Traitor role
The DAMN BOX

etc.

Deimos

Awards
Sounds good to me. If what me, you, and purgatory discussed about the roles in the brainstorming part of the roleplay is anything to go by, then this template for #5 should be fun to read and see in action ;)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Name:
Komaeda

Title&Rank:
#5 The Harbinger

Your Role:
Now we can do this a couple of a ways, the master gave no real guide for me, simply telling me to allow my heart to decide. I feel that may prove to be the undoing of even myself, as my convictions rest squarely in the light. Allow me to help it along in anyway that I can, allow me to push the lights towards a pinnacle that shine brighter than and to encompass this looming darkness we've found ourselves submerged in. The darkness is insufferable, it's a bleak mass of discord and needs to be wiped out. Harrowed ends is where i'll dedicate my time to suppressing these unruly forces, in the wake of where I linger there shall be my resolve, I will cast my light as far as it can reach.

Personality:
I'm against what the master said and I make it no secret. The resolutes should trust each other, they should trust those of us that remain, for how else are we to secure a more peaceful solution to the current state of the world. No one is ever prepared to make a dangerous investment in others, understandable but you're common ground is the light, surely you can put such a beautiful likeness and share in goals to reach a brighter outcome.

On the very edge, extremely hard to read. Borderline an extremist and cast a somewhat un-obvious subtleness. His intentions are difficult to decipher, he's teetering between dangerous and completely harmless if you're on the outside looking in. A fairly happy individual, prided to be a resolute and possessing a mutual respect for those that can wield this vast amount of light and individually claim and make it their own. However there is in part a dip in his demeanor.

Having a time of it are those without the light. Komaeda absolutely detests the darkness with every fiber of his being, and the afflictions and affiliations with it are seen as inferior. He builds a complex within himself to be against it, as it can be blamed for how their world currently sits in ruin. His personality grows violent, darker, even for a resolute he will use his light to absolve the stretches of influence to which the darkness spreads. Anything to meet the goal, he'll reach to every extreme and option available to him.

Appearance:
Five feet and eleven inches in height.

His hair is a mess and tangle of silver, with two teal colored eyes. A very soft face with rounded sides, with a pale if not ghostly white skin-tone you'd think albino at first. His build is stocky, very slim, with ears that are connected and hands of about average size. His movements seems somewhat cool, casual, and without any thought placed into them. His face can usually be found occupied with some hint of a smile or an outright grin to hid his more menacing and stark expression he makes

So long and slender ashen gray pants, with brown shoes, he prefers something sort of casual. A black t-shirt, with a weight belt around his abdominals to offset any back issues before they start. Over all of this he dons a teal colored overcoat, thats tattered to ribbons from just taking it everywhere with him.

Your Resolve:

The Wakeful Sleep

"Glorious light, one that encompasses all without rest, neither shall I."

Komaeda easily has one of the more unique to which it behaves passively with few gestures to enable control. As per his title, the harbinger, his light brings with it a form of blessing or curse depending on how you wish to look at it. It's complicated to the effect it is constantly effecting an area of thirty meters. This is the radius by which his light can afflict and bounce off of and it's applications, are many. We'll start with the basics

All objects and persons within the effective range of 30m effectively become buffed or rebuffed depending on the positioning of Komaeda's eyes. When Komaeda closes his right eye and only the left eye is open, all persons within that radius will be effected possitively. The effects take effect from Komaeda targeting a person, uttering their name, and making a statement to take effect. For example, if Komaeda and the master were in the same room and he and the master sat to a table, he'd speak to the master by stating his name and saying "To the master, I hope a fortune in the form of munny should fall in your lap. And from nowhere, the sky, could even be by his foot and him not realizing it, there will be a bag of munny for the master

When Komaeda closes his left eye and opens his right eye, the radius then becomes reduced by half to a total of 15m and those around him, are all effected by the tone of his voice. When Komaeda speaks, his diction has to be nigh immaculate as he gains the power to use his light to influence and plant an inception on another. From something such as suggesting that the person he is making direct eye contact with, so long as he is being specific and they can hear him, they will be specifically targeted. If he is speaking to a crowd, if they are within range, so long as that entire crowd can hear him, they will be unable to stop themselves when he professes an action that he commands. For a normal character or an NPC there is no way to break this hold without sheer amounts of will power. In in the instance this is used on another resolute, they merely need to resolve themselves to to their role or ideology that makes them resolute to counter the command given. Alternatively, calling him "Master" or even saying the word master, temporarily disables the hold for 30 seconds. If you're wearing some sort of magical headgear, ear plugs, headphones even, you won't be effected by the command so Try's helmet makes sense this wouldn't work on her.

With both eyes open his radius halves again to roughly eight meters and this time the effects of luck and command completely dissipate and it strictly afflicts Komaeda's senses and perceptive skills. Probably he most useful portion of this is giving him the clarity and perception to read lips in high pressure situations in which he cannot hear another speak. He is able to use his eyes to actively measure the distance with a visual map in meters between himself and others, even seeing the outline of his 8m radial-range. He is able to speak, read, and write in multiple different tongues, languages, dialects, scripts, and glyphs and ultimately has a sharp eye for problems-solving and observation.

Now this is the most interesting part and the reason why his resolve was dubbed wakeful sleep. If for any reason whatsoever, Komaeda is to be knocked unconscious, or close his eyes long enough to slip himself into a state of low consciousness if not a deep sleep and both of his eyes are closed, he will bring bad fortune to those within his max range of 30m. While unconscious, his light vertebrates from his body and unwittingly afflicts. The more fatigued that Komaeda is, the worse the verberations of bad luck which is issued into the surrounding area. Typically it will happen slowly, an omen such as a flock of birds fleeing the area and even a small quake, nothing groundbreaking, it spreads out and happens in increments of ten minutes or so. Namely what will happen, is afflictions in the forms of natural disasters and without meaning to, the alerting of stronger mobs of heartless to a location. The one benefit to Komaeda being unconscious is that enemy heartless can't even get near him, he becomes encased in a small sphere of his own light as he is granted a reprieve to renew his bodily fatigue.

Keyblade:

Serendipity
: A keyblade with the adornments of a threaded rope tied at the base of the steel. It is brown in color and has with it an almost wooden-design, despite being made of whatever mystical metal. The grooves on the blade itself are etched in with a series of celtic knots into the steel itself.

Brief:
Hey kiddo! I know you're probably as confused as I am on what happened aren't you? Truth is, you're missing at least three years worth of memories, man thats a bummer. You woke up so suddenly and here you are, the worlds, the people, the very light itself is on the verge of extinction. Prior to that, I'm hoping you didn't forget the last thing I told you, you didn't...right? RIGHT? Goodie! Round of applause, you didn't totally forget everything, well champ, I want you to get out there and do the right thing! My final words to you are as follows, remember that for whatever it is that you believe, your views are neither good nor evil, neither light, nor dark, but they are most certainly resolute. Never bend to what you truly believe in no matter what the cost, or you'll regret it, trust me. Good luck kid.

Last edited:

Deimos

Awards
I'm still waiting to read your finished template for Yoshinori in apocalypse King Naruto...but don't listen to me, i mean it, don't ;)

Dari...seriously. Please don't introduce sexual innuendoes like this into he roleplay, really? You have to say "master" to break the effects of a command? I laughed for a few minutes because thats clever but has an underlining meaning xD why didn't I think of something like this for Saebyeolbe.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Blah blah blah, that honestly wasn't even intentional, but if everyone knows who the master is, then it makes it an appropriate word to say to temporarily escape the effects xD. Having said that, the template is complete, and the OP has been updated. Please for the love of king mickey lets get temps completed :x

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
6326c214a4c36601cfd1c91a5c8de87f.png

Name:
Yamato

Title&Rank:
#8 The Savage

Your Role:
A role? Consume. To face the unquenching darkness or light and consume it. To become one with the very universe itself. This is what I have learned to be the greatest truth. It is the only truth in this world. My hunger. My fate. I must...…...CONSUME!

Personality:
My Master treated me as a monster. He unleashed me when necessary. I trusted in his commands. I aimed to always please him by abiding by his law but now I must trust in the little that I can remember. I only trust in one thing now; my hunger. I must feed and my hunger will guide me to the truth that my master entrusted to me.

Yamato is a calm, collected and seemingly carefree man. He is considered a sociopathic young man with a twisted personality, as he has mentioned himself that he would "die" to get a decent match from his opponents. Nevertheless, he does enjoy mocking his opponents when they suffer an injury from battle or are dumbfounded in being tricked into his territory. He is also notably sadistic, as he resorts to "mess up" his opponents if they don't give him a satisfiying match. He is also very deceitful, but he refers to this as "covering up the truth", not intentionally lying.

Despite his sociopathic and twisted tendencies, he still admires his Master from the bottom of his heart, but wishes to keep it a secret. He also does have a heavy code of honor, disliking to cheat in a battle and honoring his opponents' bets if they manage to defeat him. This is further displayed when he reveals to his dumbfounded opponents that they are in his territory.

Appearance:
N/A

Your Resolve:

Spatial Consumption - This is his ability to consume the space around him to create a transparent dome around a specific area - allowing him to manipulate the space in that area. He is able to control various aspects in the area - dubbed a "zone" - such as the temperature, light intensity, position of objects/people etc. Such effects could include, inducing explosions, darkness, moving or teleporting objects/people. A drawback of this ability is that if someone leaves the zone; they can not be affected by any of the changes within the zone and the zone's size cannot be expanded or contracted after creation. If the user wishes to create a bigger or smaller zone, they must dissipate the previous zone and form a new one - as only one zone can be created at any given time. A secondary weakness is that he cannot directly affect Resolutes such as teleporting them wherever he wants in his space or directly stealing their senses. Resolutes have a innate defense to his abilities and he must affect them indirectly. This zone also has been shown to move with Yamato, always keeping him the center of attention.

This is how Yamato consumes by erecting a zone. These zones allow him to break the boundaries of space so that he can drain people of their light or dark and consume the very area that the zone is erected around causing it to decay and become a void of death. This is what makes Yamato so dangerous to all life, not just the other Resolutes.

Keyblade:

Gluttony

Greed
Keyblade skills I do allow you to use if you want them.

Brief:Hey kiddo! I know you're probably as confused as I am on what happened aren't you? Truth is, you're missing at least three years worth of memories, man thats a bummer. You woke up so suddenly and here you are, the worlds, the people, the very light itself is on the verge of extinction. Prior to that, I'm hoping you didn't forget the last thing I told you, you didn't...right? RIGHT? Goodie! Round of applause, you didn't totally forget everything, well champ, I want you to get out there and do the right thing! My final words to you are as follows, remember that for whatever it is that you believe, your views are neither good nor evil, neither light, nor dark, but they are most certainly resolute. Never bend to what you truly believe in no matter what the cost, or you'll regret it, trust me. Good luck kid.o​

Last edited:

Deimos

Awards
Can't wait for the three of us to be in the same setting at the same time ;)
[video=youtube;GO8-lFRlP38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO8-lFRlP38[/video]

Couldn't find raw instrumentals, so you'll have to settle for the audio, but you get what I'm trying to say here. :p

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
It's taking me longer than normal to respond thanks to extreme fatigue from work :x

Last thing I need from you is to change the default bio I gave everyone, to the one thats in my temp currently. And well, i guess you changed your mind on the fly so it was pointless to reserve #7 but whatever lol. I did send you your PM with the last conversation + starting point.

@Deimos: Thats not nice man, we're not supposed to be at each other's throats, just somewhat cautious xD.

I think right now we (still) need a post from Hazen and one from Purg as well. You can start from the world you were given in the PM, KN.

purgatory

Awards
Deimos is right. We're eventually going to fight each other as going through our growing pains of meeting, and I'm all for it!

I'll get a post up in the mean time, almost ready to bring out the surprise on Traverse Town. :3 If you think it's stressful now, boy, you haven't seen anything yet!

Last edited:

Vibrant Fervor

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Name: Iontis

Title&Rank: #7 The Skyward

Your Role: The master told me to keep an eye on everyone and knock some sense into people who stray from their mission. I am the sergeant at arms. I keep everything on track and neutralize any threats that jeopardize our goals.

Personality: Trust plays no part here when you have to keep the pieces moving and on track. Hated by all the other Resolutes as he acts as an antithesis. He tends to keep to himself. He comes off as high and mighty and tends to look down on people. He never raises his voice and it is beneath him to explain himself or his actions to others. Iontis normally goes on solo missions but once in awhile assists other Resolutes when tasked. He normally wears his keyblade armor on so it is very hard to read him. Despite his demeanor, he is seen as reliable in battle but at the same a nuisance.

Appearance: https://www.deviantart.com/kimikow1/art/Darkness-Yoru-Updated-140803880
Bahamut-redesingnedcolored-168997841

Typically, Iontis is always wearing his first form armor so no one really knows what he looks like except The Master of Masters and Luxu. Iontis has long black hair, a wave blue tattoo on his right shoulder protruding down half of his arm. He wears a black sleeveless shirt, black slacks that has two blue belts near the knees on the right and three on the left, and blue shoes. He also has a blue sleeveless coat that has a black strip going down the middle. The back of the coat is split down at the bottom. The bottom of the front is open. On the left side of the chest is a inverted D made of black strips. On the right side of the chest, there is a horizontal black strip wraps around the back of the coat, connected to the inverted D.

First Form Armor:
https://www.deviantart.com/alvaromero324/art/Bahamut-redesingnedcolored-168997841

Second Form Armor
https://www.deviantart.com/raighndraconus/art/Metal-Chocobo-Keyblade-Armor-389926736

Third Form Armor
https://www.deviantart.com/gunzcon/art/Bahamut-Knight-Concept-Color-112033215

Final Form Armor
https://www.deviantart.com/gunzcon/art/Bahamut-Fury-Knight-Color-112033406

Your Resolve: Skyward
Calling on the power of Bahamut to surpass one’s limits.

Iontis uses keyblade armor, additional keyblade transformations such as guns, cannons, whips, homing disks, shields, axes, spears, drills, gliders, giant claws, fists, pillars, laser beams or other forms normally not available and abilities that can drain magic from both allies and enemies, confuse, disable the use of abilities for a short time, bind, levitate, fly, removing buffs, bounce damage back to attackers, inflict massive damage and attack more than one enemy at a time, Summon Bahamut, and temporarily neutralize the powers of the other Resolutes if they go astray. His keyblade armor changes appearance, gains more strength, abilities/ keyblade transformations the longer he fights. Some keyblade transformations may mimic magic such as Balloonga , Mega Flare, and Transcendence. Can be seen as a double edged sword.

Keyblade: Bahamut Arc: https://www.deviantart.com/exusiasword/art/Bahamut-Arc-260301218
Keyblade Transformation: Glider

Brief: Hey kiddo! I know you're probably as confused as I am on what happened aren't you? Truth is, you're missing at least three years worth of memories, man that's a bummer. You woke up so suddenly and here you are, the worlds, the people, the very light itself is on the verge of extinction. Prior to that, I'm hoping you didn't forget the last thing I told you, you didn't...right? RIGHT? Goodie! Round of applause, you didn't totally forget everything, well champ, I want you to get out there and do the right thing! My final words to you are as follows, remember that for whatever it is that you believe, your views are neither good nor evil, neither light, nor dark, but they are most certainly resolute. Never bend to what you truly believe in no matter what the cost, or you'll regret it, trust me. Good luck kid.

Your Resolve: Your resolve is your individual light that's taken shape in the form of a power that belongs to you and you alone. Try to build your resolve around your title. As this is a role-play in which population is nearly eradicated, I do not mind you being somewhat unreasonably strong, that's a given. I will not however acknowledge a snap of the finger, Thanos Infinity Gauntlet 1HKO shit of any kind. But yeah, this can be as elaborate or as simple as you'd like it to be, I will be posting a guideline on how I divided abilities below in this shared post to give you some ideas to play with.

All Series - Your all series is a physical manifestation of your resolve that take form from the heart itself. Each resolute possesses a unique "Avatar" with practical applications from their resolve itself. Understand that your All Series is effectively your resolve in a physical form, it's pinnacle state if you will, should it be destroyed by an enemy, you can permanently lose it and by extension your resolve itself.

Trigger Word -
A single word used to call forth your avatar, it's "Name"

Physical Appearance -
How does it manifest and appear to both your eyes and others?

Range -
minimum range of 7 meters and a maximum effective range of roughly 18 meters.

Active Buff:
You are allowed 1 active buff when using your all series, taking less damage, increased movement speed, improved perception skills, dealing more damage at a maximum of x3 or 300%, or temporarily disabling the cast-time on spells.

Duration -
Standard duration is roughly 3 minutes it can remain active or if you use your Finishing Move.

Cooldown -
Upon dissolving, it cannot be used again for roughly 7 minutes

Finishing Move -
Every All Series avatar has a finishing move, and these finishing moves themselves also never miss their intended target(s). You have the option to perform a single target resolve which deals substantially more damage, you can also decide to make your finishing move a multi-target move, but in return the damage will be halved by 10% per target, the limit is 9 opponents at once. Be wary, when targeting another resolute with your finishing move, the move will not complete and you will forfeit the master's will and you'll be absolved of your resolve and no longer deemed worthy.​

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I am screaming right now! Ahhhhhhhhhh! I was not prepared for this, I still haven't had the time to completely review the template yet, but wow. David you came out of nowhere!

I'll ask that you and King Naruto add this to your templates as your new Briefs.

Brief: Hey kiddo! I know you're probably as confused as I am on what happened aren't you? Truth is, you're missing at least three years worth of memories, man thats a bummer. You woke up so suddenly and here you are, the worlds, the people, the very light itself is on the verge of extinction. Prior to that, I'm hoping you didn't forget the last thing I told you, you didn't...right? RIGHT? Goodie! Round of applause, you didn't totally forget everything, well champ, I want you to get out there and do the right thing! My final words to you are as follows, remember that for whatever it is that you believe, your views are neither good nor evil, neither light, nor dark, but they are most certainly resolute. Never bend to what you truly believe in no matter what the cost, or you'll regret it, trust me. Good luck kid.

You'll receive a PM with your last conversation with the Master of Masters + a Starting point.

The only information you will have readily available to you, is memories prior to the three year wipe. (just a reminder, no one has encountered each other pre-memory wipe) The contents of the PM with the conversation with the master. And whatever information (as a role-player) that is given to you by either myself in this thread or Luxu's prelude in post #1 of the Roleplay.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This has got to be the funniest thing ever. I can't PM you because the site doesn't register the special characters that are supposed to be A's in your name. Hilarious.

As we wait for Chromatic, it's PSA time.

I haven't told the GMs under me this (Lumine & purgatory) but everyone's initial conversations with the master. Here is the official time stamp.

These conversations all took place simultaneously at the same time across different worlds, about 1 month into the 3 years worth of memories wiped. The version of your characters were only just then learning about the existence of others like yourselves. As for the situations regarding your status as "Resolute" that actually has nothing to do with your Resolves at all. You were named a Resolute by the master who saw potential in you, which is why the master is an inseparable and integral part of each character's unconfirmed history. Further demonstration of being "Resolute", the master bestowed upon 12 others, a number, and a rank. Most importantly, a part of HIS own power, "Omni" or All. How this small piece of Omni manifested is what became the framework for every character's own Resolve, what you know as "Light" being personalized and taking shape as your Resolve. Each person's title is symbolic of their skill set as a result of how the master's Omni manifested in each person.

Luxu's is the only one's who's never been seen by anybody besides the master. Thats all I'll tell you on that front btw.

Deimos

Awards
o_o

Okay, that actually makes a lot more sense than I thought it would.

Also welcome to the club Que Ser? Ser? Is your name supposed to have those special characters like that in there, I still think you've definitely got a unique template in a very similar vain to Hazen!

Back