• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Toriko

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
If Toriko ever gets dubbed, which it will inevitably, I can definitely see Sonny Strait voicing Komatsu(Krillin) and Toriko being voiced by either Steve Blum or the guy who voiced Jiraiya in Naruto/Kenpach in Bleach. His name is completely slipping me.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I felt that it was a little.. I dunno, dumb how they recieved the Meteor Garlic. "Well, we'll get the data on i- OH IT'S ALREADY HERE!" I did thoroughly enjoy seeing Livebearer turn stuff around though.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Shimabukuro needs to slow the fuck down with this pacing. Really does. He's one of the flagship titles of Jump now, he's safe from cancellation so he can relax a bit and take some time to write some quality arcs.

Hoping the next arc goes back to the Century Soup/Jewel Meat kind of arc that we haven't seen for ages and not a small scale arc like Gourmet Pyramid or this one.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I loved it, even though we were thrown a ton of new characters at once. It basically gave Toriko his closest fight yet, and really showed off what Komatsu was capable of, even making him famous.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Sorry for the triple post! But the new chapter's out!!! Not part of the story line but I liked it A LOT!!! Seemed dumb at first but it gave us some real insight and heart warming moments:) (I loved how Sani used his hair to distribute the food!!! ROTFL)

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I liked this chapter because it showed Zebra's full course:) I was also impressed by the size of the madam fish!

SPOILER ALERT!!!
Hors d'Oeuvre: Kishin Intestines (CLVL 91) Soup: Equator Soup (CLVL 87) Fish Dish: Undecided Meat Dish: BBQ Island (CLVL Unmeasurable) Main Course: Undecided Salad: Undecided Dessert: Daruma Hermit's Tribute (CLVL Unmeasurable) Drink: Mellow Cola (CLVL 92)

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Haven't read the last 3 chapters, I really need to catch up. Feel like this series is slowly getting less interesting, but if Zebra's full course is showing up I'm definitely interested.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I need to catch up on this. The last arc was cool but.. felt so stupidly written. Toriko "If I can control my emotions, I can focus more, stronger, yada yada."
-5 seconds later-
"..YOU BITCH."

There wasn't even any setup to it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I'll post more when I start to feel better about the series. Something feels lacking about the series at the moment but can't put my finger on it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Thought I'd bring this back just to comment on this chapter.

That has to be one of the best panels I've seen in this series and one of the best shonen deaths actually. Just some fantastic imagery. Took what was going to be a "EVERYBODY LIVES" chapter into something far more chilling. That made up for what has been an otherwise okay arc

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
As usual, some licensing went down at this past weekend's New York Comic Con, and FUNimation came out with a couple of enticing new additions to its anime lineup. Chief among them is Toriko, the anime adaptation of Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro's gourmet hunting Shonen Jump manga. FUNimation announced the broadcast, home entertainment, video-on-demand, and theatrical rights to the series, with plans to release the first dual-language DVD set on January 18, 2013.
Just found out this got licensed for a dubbing back in October. Hopeful cast lists, anybody? I'm thinking, for a few major characters off of the top of my head:
Toriko - Patrick Seitz
Komatsu - Greg Ayres
Sunny - Derek Stephen Prince
Coco - Liam O'Brian
Zebra - Chris Sabat

And this'll probably end up being close, given Funi loves reusing the living hell out of those guys, Derek and kind of Greg excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back