• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Toriko

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
TorikoVol1Cover.jpg

Taken from onemanga.

In the world where the taste and texture of food are very important there is Toriko a hunter of precious foods regularly hired by restaurants and the rich , a man with inhuman skills to capture the ferocious, evasive and rare animals to complete his ultimate dinner course

Cool Shounen series thats been out for awhile, I recently picked it up and its a good solid series.

Makes you really hungry whilst reading it though.

I'm about half way through its current 94 chapters and going.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I've never heard of that series, but upon looking at the ann synopsis, this is more battle manga with a food side dish whilst Iron Wok seems more like a battle of taste compared to muscle.

The volumes should be out in English soon, so you'll be able to read them then :p

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I hear this is one of the not-crappy shounen jump mangas. Should I read the manga first and then watch the first OVA, or read the manga first? Or I could wait, because the second OVA is coming out on the Jump Anime Tour, along with Beelzebub this year.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
This is deffo one of the better series running in Jump currently. Its got 3rd in the ratings this week and is often in the Top 8.

I don't think it matters if you read or watch the OVA first, the OVA covers the first three chapters. Well I don't know what the second OVA is going to entail currently so I wouldn't wait and watch that first as it might hold some spoilers in there.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Bumping for hype for the anime, gonna continue reading. I think I left off on like chapter 20.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Another bump.
This is the only manga I've ever read that makes me hungry as I read.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
God yes.
Can understand that, when I was catching up with the series I always found myself with some kind of snack in hand. xD

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm on chapter 30, reading slowly.
Alright, seriously. The whole thing about the battle wolf and the fight with the robot HAS to be in my top 10 manga moments. That was such an emotional part of this series it's indescribable. This is like, my second favorite Jump series. It feels like if you mixed Dragonball Z with One Piece, and then threw in more animal-focused themes. I love this series, jesus.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I've seen it more as like JoJo's Culinary Adventure or Fork of the North Star. ; D

But yeah, the battle wolf stuff is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to awesome moments in this series.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Just finished the Jewel Meat arc.
I felt horrible for Rin at her "death". Was in tears(in my head, of course) when she showed Toriko how she tried to recreate his scar.
Sani is BEAUTIFUUL~
Cell Evolution Toriko is like what Dragonball Z was for me when I was younger. HELL YES.
GT Robos are dickholes.
KUGI PUUUNCH
Coco is crazy awesome. Kiss as well.
Surprised I can like somebody like Terry, who cannot even speak. Terry's awesome.

I'm so hyped for the anime now. Still reading this with snacks in hand.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Just finished the Century Soup Arc.
Hooooly shit, that was an emotional train along with some insane fights. I about shit when Toriko let his arm get ripped off. Match also proved to be very badass, despite him seeming like he wouldn't be when introduced to the series. Seriously one of my favorite arcs ever now.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I skimmed through one of the more recent chapters a few months ago, and couldn't help but notice this series suffers a bit from a generic shounen cast. The basic three of the hot headed main character, the nerdy side kick who explains why everything the main character does is awesome, and the female who's just kinda there to fill out the female role.

Am I taking the series too lightly, or is this a genuine fault to the series? I'll still give it a proper chance later, regardless though. :U

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Well skimming a chapter in the middle of a series is never a good idea to start with.

Theres only two main characters in Toriko:
Toriko: The hero
Komatsu: The 'nerdy' guy

I think I can count 3 instances where there has been a female character in Toriko, they turn up for an arc then leave. Its more of a buddy series between Toriko and Komatsu.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I like your new avatar, just saw the pic today. Caught up finally :D!
I'm sort of unsure how I feel about Zebura. I like him, but at the same time I get an odd feeling about him like he's got the potential to be the main villain. I'm interested about him though. It's hard to describe i t.
Also I about shit when Malk 2 swung Komatsu's knife. Giant WHAT THE SHIT moment.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Yeah it is hard to believe that Zebra is a hero at the moment. although pretty sure he could go villain as i think he is trying to get Komatsu to join him and make a combo

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I doubt he cares about something like tbh. Your avatar is suddenly giving me a strange idea..
By the way, anime starts april 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back