• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

To Buy or Not to Buy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iLeen

Awards
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this question.

Anyways, I bought my KH:BBS official strategy guide mainly because I loved looking at the artwork.

I was thinking of buying the KHII official strategy guide (by bradygames) to look at the artwork, but the reviews I hear are mostly about whether the strategy suggestions help or not (which is basically what a strategy guide is made for). For those who own one or know the contents of the book, is there a lot of beautiful artwork that will make it worth buying or is it just a bunch of words?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's a pretty useless guide.

But yes, it has all the character/enemy/world renders and art in there.

iLeen

Awards
I see. Thanks for sharing! Straight to the point:]

Etherealin

I bought it initially to try and get help for the Mirage Arena, which turned out to be useless, since there's barely anything on it. However, the command melding section is pretty detailed.

iLeen

Awards
Yeah, the command melding information did save a lot of time from guessing what to meld to get who knows whatXD

I didn't follow any of the guides for the boss battles. I tried looking at the section where it tells you have MF, but I still can't beat him D: (but it's just probably cause I suck at the gameX] )

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The best thing about the KH2 guide was the hardcover art with the CGI cast. :)

iLeen

Awards
Pretty much this. KH2 has been out long enough to the point where most, if not all, of its concept art has made its way to the internet.

That's true, but I like collecting artbooks:] I know this is a "guidebook", but since it still has a lot of artwork, I consider it an artbook I can add to my collection:3

The best thing about the KH2 guide was the hardcover art with the CGI cast. :)

Ooh, I think that was the "limited edition." I might just get it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
YOU MUST BUY THE KH2 LIMITED EDITION GUIDE!!!

If you love artwork, the limited edition KH2 guide book is pure gold.

The outer case is such a nice hardcover shell with one of the nicest images I thought KH2 has had.

images

Inside it has not only a limited edition guide (1 of 4 forms will be on it, which one will you get? I got Master Form). It also has a mini Jiminy's Journal with stickers that has images of all of the characters and stuff from the game. It is really a fine collector's edition guide.

images

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
For those who own one or know the contents of the book, is there a lot of beautiful artwork that will make it worth buying or is it just a bunch of words?
No, it's a bunch of crap.

It's an aesthetically pleasing bunch of crap though.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
The guides are always great. I have my LE KH2 guide on my bookshelf still, can't be bothered to go look at it. IIRC they were very poorly made (not enough glue on the spine). I actually ended up buying a new one at one point. Anyway, buy it if you want to look at the art. It's a very nice little (actually huge rofl) book. Comes with a sticker book too if you get the LE version.

iLeen

Awards
YOU MUST BUY THE KH2 LIMITED EDITION GUIDE!!!

If you love artwork, the limited edition KH2 guide book is pure gold.

The outer case is such a nice hardcover shell with one of the nicest images I thought KH2 has had.

images

Inside it has not only a limited edition guide (1 of 4 forms will be on it, which one will you get? I got Master Form). It also has a mini Jiminy's Journal with stickers that has images of all of the characters and stuff from the game. It is really a fine collector's edition guide.

images

Ooh! Thanks for the pics and info! I didn't know about the stickers:]

And thanks all for your input. Now that I know there are plenty of artwork and extras to looks at, I'm definitely going to buy the limited edition.

kupo1121

Awards
I have my LE KH2 guide on my bookshelf still, can't be bothered to go look at it. IIRC they were very poorly made (not enough glue on the spine).

THIS. You have to be very careful with the guide itself, before I knew there was a LE guide (before I was a KH fan), I got the normal guide and it go torn to shreds because it is so poorly held together. I taped the crap out of that one and if I want to look at the guide I use that one instead of my LE one because I fear my LE one will get there.

iLeen

Awards
THIS. You have to be very careful with the guide itself, before I knew there was a LE guide (before I was a KH fan), I got the normal guide and it go torn to shreds because it is so poorly held together. I taped the crap out of that one and if I want to look at the guide I use that one instead of my LE one because I fear my LE one will get there.

Ooh, that's good to know. I ordered the LE guide just now:]

Does it have the cover page picture of the normal guide in the LE version? Because I really like that artwork:3

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

My LE one completely fell apart...so I found that out the hard way :/

Ooh, that's good to know. I ordered the LE guide just now:]

Does it have the cover page picture of the normal guide in the LE version? Because I really like that artwork:3

No, the LE randomly has one of Sora's Drive Forms. I have the Wisdom Form one.

kupo1121

Awards
My LE one completely fell apart...so I found that out the hard way :/

No, the LE randomly has one of Sora's Drive Forms. I have the Wisdom Form one.

Sorry to hear that, my normal one fell apart :( Ironically, Master form was the only form I didn't want lol, Valor form and Final form are the 1st and last forms you get respectively so they are important, and Wisdom is blue, my favorite color. Master form...it's just there lol xP

iLeen

Awards
Wow! Got my order the day after I ordered, and I got Final Form! Only problem is, they sent me a used book instead of a new one (I was pretty sure it said new when I ordered it, but now that I look back, my order says "used". No wonder it was so cheap)...it's fine other than the messed up edges and stickers all used up, and I'm afraid that if I return to get a new one, it won't have the final form coveringXD

Oh! And they had the cover page picture of the normal guide on the inside of the LE guide, so I'm happy:]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back